• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Whitmer Terror Verdicts Justice fails to convict four men of conspiring to kidnap the Michigan Governor.

SFC13557

NES Member
From Saturday's WSJ.
Hmmm, any link to 6 January riot?

"Prosecutors are inevitably going to lose some cases in our jury system, but they should win the big ones or confidence in honest justice declines. That explains the surprise, if not shock, on Friday when a federal jury failed to convict four men accused of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

The prosecutions made national headlines in 2020 as supposed evidence that political polarization may have been driving Americans to violent extremism. The indictments fit a popular media narrative, fed by Democrats, that right-wing radicals were prepared to commit terrorist acts.

The Justice Department said the defendants were associated with the Wolverine Watchmen, a militia group that conducted combat training and planned to kidnap Ms. Whitmer, a Democrat, and try her for treason or worse. As motive, prosecutors said the men were unhappy with her Covid-19 policies. The charges sure sounded serious, and politically motivated terrorism is especially dangerous in a democracy where disputes have to be mediated by elections and legislatures.

But after a four-week trial, a jury found Brandon Caserta and Daniel Harris not guilty of all charges, including kidnapping conspiracy. The jurors failed to reach a verdict on two other defendants, Adam Fox and Barry Croft, and so the judge declared a mistrial. Two others had pleaded guilty and testified at the trial, which makes the verdicts all the more startling.

The jurors may explain their doubts to the press, but one possibility is that they believed the defense claim that the Federal Bureau of Investigation entrapped the men into taking steps toward a kidnapping that they never intended to carry out.

The FBI has lost cases on entrapment grounds in the past, and it’s true that the line between entrapment and genuine intent can be narrow. Agents have to be careful not to let a plot be carried out, but that can lead to unfair or premature arrest.

Prosecutors said they plan to retry Messrs. Fox and Croft, but you have to wonder what will be different the next time. Evidence of criminal intent should be clear and convincing to bring this kind of case.

All the more so given Attorney General Merrick Garland’s high-profile announcement that investigating domestic terrorism is a Justice Department priority. The Whitmer acquittals are a black eye for the department that shouldn’t be repeated."

Appeared in the April 9, 2022, print edition.

I am surprised, but only because this showed that jurors did not blindly eat up the story the FBI was painting. I am not surprised that a juror with half a brain would see this for what it is. The "plot" was so utterly ridiculous that only the biggest Smollett fans would believe it.

I read that. Imagine being those guys who pled guilty for a lesser sentence at this point. Gotta suck to be them.

It's too bad we didn't have a better, more conservative president when this went on in the .gov.

Oh wait. ;)

I still have arguments with leftie friends and family about the prevalence of white supremacists. They seem to think they're everywhere, and ready to commit mayhem and take over the gov't. Perhaps they equate anyone who disagrees with them as a storm trooper from 1930's Deutschland.

Yes, there are true scumbag white supremacists out there, but they represent about .00000000001% of the population, and are in no way responsible for crap that anybody has to put up with on a daily basis. Do they think black folks in Chicago are being hunted down by such people?

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I label the left 1/2 fools and 1/2 evil manipulators and the true threat to democracy.

I still have arguments with leftie friends and family about the prevalence of white supremacists. They seem to think they're everywhere, and ready to commit mayhem and take over the gov't. Perhaps they equate anyone who disagrees with them as a storm trooper from 1930's Deutschland.

Yes, there are true scumbag white supremacists out there, but they represent about .00000000001% of the population, and are in no way responsible for crap that anybody has to put up with on a daily basis. Do they think black folks in Chicago are being hunted down by such people?

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I label the left 1/2 fools and 1/2 evil manipulators and the true threat to democracy.

There's a name for this phenomenon, the name eludes me right now, but let's call it the nearness hypothesis. The basic idea is that I, you or anyone else live in an area where we say "Phew well at least I live in a safe place where bad things never happen" but in fact don't consider the fact that statistically speaking you're just as safe as the place where I, you or anywhere else imagine is the bad place.

Me: "I'm so glad I live here, there's no white supremacists around here unlike Michigan."

Person in Michigan: "I'm so glad I live here, there's no white supremacists around unlike Massachusetts."

The reality is that the chances of walking on downtown main street in either Massachusetts or Michigan and bumping into a neo-nazi are approximately equal to the chances of being struck by lightning. Therefore it just doesn't happen. I'm not ignorant that there are some bad people in this world, but the reality is they are as rare as lightning strikes. So we construct a theory that we are safe and the bad guys are over in some other place because it's more lawless, packed with neo-nazis, whatever.

I read that. Imagine being those guys who pled guilty for a lesser sentence at this point. Gotta suck to be them.

It's too bad we didn't have a better, more conservative president when this went on in the .gov.

Oh wait. ;)
It's cute how you suggest that any President could possibly fix the corruption that defines our government.

I still have arguments with leftie friends and family about the prevalence of white supremacists. They seem to think they're everywhere, and ready to commit mayhem and take over the gov't.

Shhhhh. Don't let them know they're right! ;)

If I create a bogeyman, I can play the eternal victim (even if I'm a suburban white dude) and not have to change or help. I can just put up a sign in my yard and complain.

Of course, I feel the same thing about all of the stupid Ukraine symbols all over. Wanna really help? REALLY help??? Grab an old single-barrel shotgun and find a way to get over there. THAT'S help! Not changing the color of hte lights in your stupid store.

"Of course, I feel the same thing about all of the stupid Ukraine symbols all over. Wanna really help? REALLY help??? Grab an old single-barrel shotgun and find a way to get over there. THAT'S help! Not changing the color of hte lights in your stupid store."

Well at least they're informed on the situation unlike most "enlightened" Americans. A single barrel shotgun won't do much against the Wagner Group [rofl]

It's cute how you suggest that any President could possibly fix the corruption that defines our government.
Meanwhile, you can't think of even one?
c25cb551-335e-4110-a4bd-a7403fc3d8d2-AP_Russia_Ukraine_Tensions_4.jpg
3c2a343d1ec73fc4b74f219028651068ab19bac9.jpg

This “kidnapping” plot has false flag written all over it. The incredible FBI involvement and the proximity to the most contested and fraudulent election of our lifetime points directly to this.

Also the same guy that ran the investigation was immediately promoted to head the FBI DC field office now in charge of Jan 6 investigation!

The two events are inextricably tied with numerous intersections—not the least of which is that the head of the FBI’s Detroit field office, Steven D’Antuono, was promoted to run the FBI field office in Washington, D.C., one week after the arrests in the Whitmer plot were announced.

That’s the same FBI office running the bureau’s Capitol investigation.

There's a name for this phenomenon, the name eludes me right now, but let's call it the nearness hypothesis. The basic idea is that I, you or anyone else live in an area where we say "Phew well at least I live in a safe place where bad things never happen" but in fact don't consider the fact that statistically speaking you're just as safe as the place where I, you or anywhere else imagine is the bad place.

Me: "I'm so glad I live here, there's no white supremacists around here unlike Michigan."

Person in Michigan: "I'm so glad I live here, there's no white supremacists around unlike Massachusetts."

The reality is that the chances of walking on downtown main street in either Massachusetts or Michigan and bumping into a neo-nazi are approximately equal to the chances of being struck by lightning. Therefore it just doesn't happen. I'm not ignorant that there are some bad people in this world, but the reality is they are as rare as lightning strikes. So we construct a theory that we are safe and the bad guys are over in some other place because it's more lawless, packed with neo-nazis, whatever.

Remember, Democrats consider anyone who does not agree with their worldview verbatim to be a white supremacist. Therefore, in their minds, there are at least 70+ million of them, and in every state, county and town.

Remember, Democrats consider anyone who does not agree with their worldview verbatim to be a white supremacist. Therefore, in their minds, there are at least 70+ million of them, and in every state, county and town.

Be the best you can be.

Prosecutors are inevitably going to lose some cases in our jury system, but they should win the big ones or confidence in honest justice decline
WTF? I guess by that standard Japan has the most honest justice system in the world.

WTF? I guess by that standard Japan has the most honest justice system in the world.
Getting arrested by the Japanese National Police isn't much better than getting arrested in North Korea. I'm baffled how the Yakuza can still exists in such a society beyond government openly sanctioning their criminal activity for political purposes. Though the Tongs, and Triads are just about the same in China.

This “kidnapping” plot has false flag written all over it. The incredible FBI involvement and the proximity to the most contested and fraudulent election of our lifetime points directly to this.

Also the same guy that ran the investigation was immediately promoted to head the FBI DC field office now in charge of Jan 6 investigation!

While I think some dolt at hte FBI was abusing his power, there is no vast conspiracy.

Think of it this way - if I control enough things where I can get the FBI to blindly just do stuff like this for me and it never hits the press or any sort of leak whatsoever. . . . . what the F do I care who is president or not???? There are 50 other ways I'd be manipulating the public before doing something as subtle as this.

99.99993% of the time, what you see is not some vast conspiracy but incompetence. I've learned that in politics and I've DEFINITELY learned it in the business world.

Well, at least it's the nation where the citizenry are the most convinced that
if they don't say the justice system is honest,
they will get jacked up Big Time for lack of confidence in the justice system.

But there is another justice system which solicits our faith...
Darth-Vader-finds-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing.jpg

While I think some dolt at hte FBI was abusing his power, there is no vast conspiracy.
And the central Federal bureaucracy is not a political monoculture.
And I am Marie of Roumania.

Fednapping...
Despite a humiliating defeat in what the Justice Department considered one of its biggest domestic terror investigations in recent history, federal prosecutors announced they will re-try two men who were not acquitted last week on charges of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer in 2020.
Chief District Court Judge Robert Jonker declared a mistrial on April 8 after a jury in western Michigan could not agree on the guilt of Adam Fox, the so-called ringleader, and Barry Croft, Jr. related to the alleged plot; two other men, Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta, were found not guilty on all charges and went home last Friday night after spending 18 months in jail.

Defense attorneys argued the men were entrapped by the FBI, which the jury presumably believed in the case of Harris and Caserta. Numerous FBI experts and agents took the stand for the government, as did Dan Chappel, the lead informant and one of his FBI handlers. The three-week trial exposed a wide-ranging operation inside the FBI and Justice Department to target the men--who did not know each other until the FBI got involved--infiltrate the group with informants and undercover agents, create encrypted group chats monitored by the FBI, plan and fund excursions including a surveillance trip to Whitmer's summer cottage, secretly record every conversation including when the targets were high on marijuana, and drive several defendants to the arrest site in October 2020 under a phony pretense.

Nonetheless, Andrew Birge, assistant U.S. Attorney for Western Michigan, confirmed this week his office plans to again prosecute Fox and Croft; Birge's office told a Grand Rapids television station on Monday that charges will be refiled.

Fednapping...
*** HORROR! *** The Hoover Bldg has been humiliated!!!! *** HORROR! ***

They will retry and retry and retry and appeal and appeal and appeal for the next 25 years if necessary to "clear their name".

They have unlimited cash (yours) and will spend it accordingly.

They should be prosecuting those who planned this. Of course they all have stupid little badges. The FBI has never not been corrupt.
That agency should have been shut down decades ago.

"Despite his illegal methods at fighting political groups, Hoover remained in power. He did this through secret files he kept on many powerful people in the government. He put wire taps on people's phones, read their mail, and kept close watch on their relatives. He then used this information to stay in power. He kept secret files on senators, presidents, and famous people like Martin Luther King, Jr."

Provide proof the FBI ever STOPPED spying on US citizens and the political enemies of those in power.

I'll wait.

I'm sure he would also have been a HUGE Disney fan were alive today.

1649969639272.png

“…the same FBI operation also tried to coax a man in Virginia to participate in the same sort of plot against Virginia Governor Ralph Northam. That scheme didn’t fully materialize, but the FBI’s attempt to pull off a similar stunt in Virginia reveals just how far agents were willing to go to bolster FBI Director Christopher Wray’s false warning that domestic extremists planned to “kill and assassinate” public officials.”

So I’m starting to see how this worked:
  1. Democrats impose tyranny on citizens
  2. Citizens revolt, with mass rallies against tyranny, Orange Man tweets
  3. Democrats freak out, demand FBI “do something”
  4. FBI Dir announces “terrorists are among us” and sets out to CREATE said threat
  5. FBI convinces some pissed off but low-IQ hillbillies to go along with their plot
  6. FBI makes splashy high profile arrests to saturate media with the narrative anyone who opposes Democrats and tyranny are terrorists
  7. Democrats continue tyranny with less resistance
  8. Profit

This reminds me of a bribery sting that was in the news a few years ago. The feds were investigating a local official for accepting bribes from their operative.

When it came time to make the arrest (at the actual passing of the bribe), the Feds who were running their operation ended up in an argument with the town police who the mayor had reported the bribery attempt to, and were running their own sting and tried to arrest the undercover fed.

But, of course, there was no entrapment.

Last edited:
Trump threatened the swamp by calling them out and the FBI, DOJ are the enforcement arm of the swamp. Anyone associated with Trump or ID'd as anti-govt/swamp is the enemy and must be eliminated or discredited which includes anyone questioning St. Fauci, the CDC or oppressive govt/law enforcement, teacher's authority, etc. WE are all targets especially those of us living in the People's Republic. Elon Musk better watch his back. [rockon]

Back
Top Bottom