The "What concerts are you going to" Mega Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a concert per se but we just went to Toronto to see Sting in his show, The Last Ship. Simply spectacular. I missed it in NY because the cost was just crazy high. For the same money for one night my wife and I went to Toronto for five days, had front row tickets, and rented a BMW 740i to drive back and forth from Ct. Sting was really excellent.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
saw the Stones at Gillette a few weeks ago.. My 12 yo's first show. Had seats in the 300s and after we hauled our asses up there, an events person asked us if we wanted a ticket upgrade.. we said sure and she handed us tix in Section 111. Great show.. played hits for 2 hrs but could've played more hits for another 2.

20190707_214608.jpg

we also saw Get The Led Out at Indian Ranch last weekend... very good show.. I'd recommend it if you love Led Zep music.

Last edited:

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Going to see Allman / Betts Band and John Fogerty on 8/9 at Bold Point Park in E. Providence. Has anyone been to this venue? Any advice?

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
BNL/Hootie & The Blowfish 8/2 in NH... only one on the schedule for this summer.

Many of the bands/ artists of my youth are horrible live.

I'd rather catch a good tribute band at this point for 1/4 of the money.

There is an Eagles tribute band in FLorida i see a few times a year that are fantastic live.

Beatlejuice is playing a rare gig in Newburyport tonight, they are not playing all that often anymore.... but at one point I was seeing them frequently and they were fantastic. I may have to bribe my B.I.L. to get me out on the boat and park offshore for this one

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Going to see Allman / Betts Band and John Fogerty on 8/9 at Bold Point Park in E. Providence. Has anyone been to this venue? Any advice?
I saw Greensky Bluegrass there last year, lets see what I can remember:
They frisk WELL, they found my mace, and asked what it was, I said "athsma inhaler" and they let me go.
Bring a chair, unless you like standing. The venue is standing in front, then hardpack, then grass in the way back.
Don't know about parking since we stayed at the hotel across the water and walked.
Beautiful venue when night falls, the water, etc.
There's plenty of room to chill in the way back on the grass, or plenty of standing room up front as well.
Good venue, would do again.

BUMPA01603

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I saw Greensky Bluegrass there last year, lets see what I can remember:
They frisk WELL, they found my mace, and asked what it was, I said "athsma inhaler" and they let me go.
Bring a chair, unless you like standing. The venue is standing in front, then hardpack, then grass in the way back.
Don't know about parking since we stayed at the hotel across the water and walked.
Beautiful venue when night falls, the water, etc.
There's plenty of room to chill in the way back on the grass, or plenty of standing room up front as well.
Good venue, would do again.
Thanks Paul, Asthma is a big concern in Providence as we all know.....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maiden has great production on this tour and playin quite a few hits...Where Eagles Dare is my fav Maiden tune and it has been the second song of this tour
Maiden was awesome tonight. Just got home after sitting in the parking lot for almost 2 hours. This was my 4th time seeing them. Saw them years ago on the 7th Son tour and more recently on the Somewhere Back In Time and the Maiden England Tours. I have to say this was probably the best show of the 4 I've been to. One Somewhere Back In Time and Maiden England, they used the exact same back drops. On this show everything was new. They really stepped up their production this time around. The inflatable 'Eddie' they have this year is hands down the best one I've seen. My one gripe about this show is that Nikko was completely obscured by camoflage netting for the first 5 or 6 songs of the set. At first I thought it was a set malfunction but it soon became apparent that it was intentional. I have no idea why they did this but I didn't like it one bit. I took 2 videos with my phone. The intro and first 2 songs Aces High and Where Eagles Dare, the latter is maybe one of my all time favorite Maiden songs. Then later in the set I recorded Flight of Icarus. If they came out ok, I might post them tomorrow.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Iron Maiden was ******** awesome tonight. Best time I’ve had in so long.

They were my very first concert at the Cape Cod Colosseum in 1983, tickets were 12.00 at Strawberries, played with Coney Hatch and Fastway.

Saw them again probably 20yrs ago at Great Woods with Queensryche (best concert I’ve ever seen and last concert I ever went too until tonight).

They just don’t age. More energy than you can believe and sounded fantastic. What a blast. All time favorite.

Tickets were only like 35.00 for actual seats (not lawn) right off the right side of the stage as you view it.

Paid 50.00 for Quick Exit parking, well worth it. Tailgating going on everywhere, cops/security didn’t bother anybody all night, dudes in the golf carts were cool and talking to people as they buzzed around.

Security was wicked lax, total show, made me empty my pockets into a plastic dish like the airport, then some chic wanded literally my junk only for a second and never even went near my pockets, boots, or backside waistband.

Beer, shit, FML, I bought 3 beers, THREE, going in and it was 48.00 MF dollars. No joke. That was the only downside to the whole night.

Show was great, 100%, I’d go again tomorrow if I could.

MachineHead

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Show was great, 100%, I’d go again tomorrow if I could.
If they had added a second day, I’d also be there. I have to agree with your post. They definitely stepped it up a ton. I try to see them every time they come up and never disappoint.

I appreciate how they didn’t go into some long political diatribe as some artists do lately and really kept it focused on the show. The American Flag “musket” during “The Trooper” got huge cheers where I was sitting.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked up tickets to a last leg of slayers tour with different lineup. Can't wait to see Primus again. Also never been to a show at Mass mutual center.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just bought tix to see Gov't Mule in Concord, NH with a couple of Mulehead friends of mine, September 18th. I've seen GM a few times over the years...always enjoyed the shows. Warren Haynes is a great guitarist...They've had great bassists over the years but I sure miss Allen Woody.

Last edited:

rmaclean86

NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
72   1   0
Pioneer Valley, surrounded by liberals..ie hell
Headed to the Maiden show Sat in hartford: I actually had an extra ticket and did’t even think of reaching out on NES to see if there are any Maiden fans here. That was an error in my part for sure as I’m stuck going with someone in our group who “kinda” likes some of their stuff. They have been my favorite band since I picked up NOTB on vinyl and wore the damn thing out just about (yes, still have it). I have seen them twice before and they always put on a show...I’m all sorts of fired up. Up the Irons!!

Top Bottom