The Wait

If you have not received a reply in 40 days and want to apply pressure to the local PD or the State, cite the law to them.

Yeah, apply pressure.[thinking] Licensing authorities love it when you cite laws to them.[rofl][rofl]

I might suggest a slightly more tactful approach unless you are just dying to hire an attorney

Fencer, sorry to hear your local PD does not feel they need to follow the law.

Having to bend over because some local CLEO doesn't want to follow the law is not acceptable. If enough people win lawsuits against local bullies there might not be a problem anymore.

Having to bend over because some local CLEO doesn't want to follow the law is not acceptable. If enough people win lawsuits against local bullies there might not be a problem anymore.

You are right, they don't. And neither does yours.[shocked]

The advice you give to the OP will likely just get him .... "OK we will just deny it right now." My PD had one officer that dealt with all of the permits and about a hundred other things and frankly, when there are a lot of applications, they fall behind.
When the PD took a while to process my LTC, I did call to ask how they were making out or if I needed to provide them with something else. I did NOT however call and start reciting state laws, and to advise a member to do so here is just plain bad advice, unless you are willing to pay for his lawyer fees now and for renewals.

I admire your conviction and share in your enthusiasm, but at the end of the day all that will likely happen is that the OP will spend $500-$1000 to get his permit that he likely would have gotten in a couple of weeks anyway. Your money to support the 2nd Amendment could be better spent elsewhere.

I don't remember having to bend over for anybody to get my permit. Is that a requirement in your town?[laugh]

I am with you man and I think it sucks, but I don't think pissing off your COP is the best way to go when you are waiting for your LTC

Last edited:
You are right, they don't. And neither does yours.[shocked]

Not all LEOs feel that way. I know several personally that certainly do not.

...to advise a member to do so here is just plain bad advice...

Advice is based on opinion. Everyone has an opinion and there is always an opposing opinion out there. The OP and anyone else asking for advice will receive more than they wanted. Everyone will believe their advice is the best. It is up to the OP to choose which advice, if any, to heed.

Forums like this provide an outlet for discussion. I hope the OP chooses the path they believe is most appropriate.

Good discussion. No hard feelings.

I wish the OP the best of luck obtaining their unrestricted LTC-A in a timely manner (hopefully in accordance with Massachusetts law)

There are MANY MANY opinions to every question posted on this board ... some make me think "Yep, already thought of that", others make me think "Huh, I didn't even think about that", and still others make me think "Huh, I didn't realize that drunk-posting was such a popular pastime." For example, I used some of Scrivener's points in a cover letter to my C.O.P. with my LTC application. A friend disagreed with some of them, thinking them combative, but I opted for Scrivener's experience in the arena. Did I make the right choice? I'll let you know once I get my LTC!!

It is all up to the issuing authority and the town...period.

I picked mine up today LTC-A Restirctions=none. (Shrewsbury)

The officer I sat with said he wants you to simply put "ALP" and that's it. He said "I don't want your 2nd amendment right blah blah bla" like some guys put on there. Keep it simple.
After I read some of the threads on NES I got all nervous and called a friend that is a cop in town and he said the same thing. As long as you are a stand up guy and don't have a record, you should be all set.

So, I had the 2 letters of reference (from 2 police officers in neighboring town) and "ALP" as reason. 32 days later I am all set.

Good luck!

Who are you gonna get to charge a CLEO with breaking said laws?

Forums like this provide an outlet for discussion. I hope the OP chooses the path they believe is most appropriate.

Good discussion. No hard feelings.

I wish the OP the best of luck obtaining their unrestricted LTC-A in a timely manner (hopefully in accordance with Massachusetts law)

Well said.[cheers]

Back
Top Bottom