• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The wait beginsl for my renewal LTC- A

Lone Wolf McQuade

NES Member
Went to the Bourne PD today to get the process going for my LTC –A renewal this morning. Arrived just after 9AM and had to wait less than 5 minutes for the Duty Sergeant to come out and bring me in for the process of paper work, finger prints, and photos. He was very professional and everything went smoothly. We had a bit of local town small talk, and shared a chuckle over a computer error years ago on my record while he was typing away on the computer. He did say business was booming with licensing.

He quoted 6-8 weeks wait time and I would get a call when it was ready to pick up. I was out the door in 20 minutes. All in all a very good experience.

Last edited:
LIAR! that never happens.

[smile]

Went to the Bourne PD today to get the process going for my LTC –A renewal this morning. Arrived just after 9AM and had to wait less than 5 minutes for the Duty Sergeant to come out and bring me in for the process of paper work, finger prints, and photos. He was very professional and everything went smoothly. We had a bit of local town small talk, and shared a chuckle over a computer error years ago on my record while he was typing away on the computer. He did say business was booming with licensing.

He quoted 6-8 weeks wait time and I would get a call when it was ready to pick up. I was out the door in 20 minutes. All in all a very good experience.

Mine expires in may and I live in Brockton. I don't ever look forward to the process and have had my LTC for over 20 years.

Mine comes up this year too in August. I do live in a green town, so I am really not sure when to begin the process. I may just call the PD and ask them, unless someone here can give me some advice.

My renewal took 8 weeks in Fairhaven. After 6 weeks I called the number in Boston to check on the status. They said it was still in process and would be another week. They received the renewal 1 week after I applied (I asked). So next week (week 7) I called again and was told it was just mailed to the police dept and it could take a week to get there. Week 8 I got a call from the PD that it was in.

So the renewal took 8 weeks and that time was 100% because of Boston.

Mine comes up this year too in August. I do live in a green town, so I am really not sure when to begin the process. I may just call the PD and ask them, unless someone here can give me some advice.

My Wife's renewal is in August and I'll be submitting her application and check to the chief's secretary on/about March 1st, so she can setup an appointment for my Wife (probably 1 month later) and get the ball rolling. They only interview applicants/renewals either 1 or 2 days/month in this red town.

After being licensed for 50 years, I still can't understand "delay at the PD" for renewals. I think that they are all on MIRCS by now and it gets to the state in a microsecond. At least that's been my experience for the last LTC, green card and dealers license renewals. Jack.

A friend of mine just applied (first timer) in Worcester and the first available interview was May...

I'm due in January of next year and am seriously considering starting the renewal process4-6 months in advance...

Back
Top Bottom