• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The wager

Was the ricochet a valid hit and does my wife take my weeks lunch money

• Total voters
Yep, you'd better pay her...you know how they are. Never welsh on a bet like that. You'll lose far more than a lousy $40 if you do.

First of all if a real woodchuck would have been dead, it's a valid hit. Second, I'm part Welsh and deeply offended by the racial profiling. Or not; I'm also part Irish and I hear we drink a lot. I'm offended by that, too. I think I'll get a drink.

You said $40 bucks if the "hit it " . For the sake of marital harmony and not to lose credibility,pay up and tell her she has to take you out for a burger and a beeer. It's a win,win situation !

kiver, have you been married a year?

Would you like to stay married for two years??

(And did you read the marriage manual???)

This is not about firearms. Pay her.

kiver, have you been married a year?

Would you like to stay married for two years??

(And did you read the marriage manual???)

This is not about firearms. Pay her.

Been married 8 years now and going strong.

We are not married on the range [wink] it is all on.

Unless you specified a clean, center mass hit, it went ding, you owe...

Think of it this way, had you wagered that she couldn't hit you with that .380 from that distance what would you say now with a bullet fragment in you?

Were you hit? I think so... [laugh]

Been married 8 years now and going strong.

8 years?!

That's $5 a year or 42 cents a month.

Pay up!

We are not married on the range [wink] it is all on.

Ha! Yeah, OK.

Were you planning on sleeping at the range?! [smile]

One more thing: I have found it's best not to conclude a marital debate with "Well, I polled everyone on NES and THEY said..."

A 100 yard hit with a .380! Pay her the $40. You will never know when you might need "backup"...and with a shot like that, she is definitely a keeper. :D

8 years?!

That's $5 a year or 42 cents a month.

Pay up!

Ha! Yeah, OK.

Were you planning on sleeping at the range?! [smile]

One more thing: I have found it's best not to conclude a marital debate with "Well, I polled everyone on NES and THEY said..."

Trust me she is paying as close attention to this as I am...and grinning

Pay up you cheap b@stard! She probably missed the first shots on purpose to lull you into complacency.

Ricocheting rounds in to a target is an effective means of disabling the target. However in a "I bet I can hit it" deal it has to be a direct hit. At least the Wiff had good sight alignment. Tell her to grow a set of balls and stop anticipating the shot so she doesn't throw it low.

i agree with derek in this case. if you simply were messing around and hit it--it's a hit as it would have disabled the target. making a deal that you could hit the target and then hitting the ground which caused a ricochet into the target does not count as after the round hit the dirt you were taken out of the equation and physics takes over, etc.

What does the hole in the target look like? Bullet or stone? There is no possible way you could actually tell if the bullet hit it or a stone did. Unless you have high speed footage. Let's see the video.

Pay up.

I quote the famed internet rules of gunfighting:

11. Stretch the rules. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Also, I cite Youtube:

[video=youtube_share;vygFotutz7Y]http://youtu.be/vygFotutz7Y[/video]

Well done wife-of-Kiver. Go buy a lotto ticket with the $40. [smile]

Have you picked out the blanket you are taking the couch and the skirt you are going to wear as a result of not only losing the wager, but the bet that NES would have your back? [laugh]

All this thread does is make me realize that if I bet someone on NES that they can't hit a target I need to make sure that I specify that if they bounce it off the ground, hit a plane that falls from the sky and hits the target, or knock a tree down that makes the steel target go "ding" that it doesn't count. Wait, if you hit a hibernating bear who wakes up and bites the target, that doesn't count either... [rolleyes]

All this thread does is make me realize that if I bet someone on NES that they can't hit a target I need to make sure that I specify that if they bounce it off the ground, hit a plane that falls from the sky and hits the target, or knock a tree down that makes the steel target go "ding" that it doesn't count. Wait, if you hit a hibernating bear who wakes up and bites the target, that doesn't count either... [rolleyes]
Make sure you get this contract Scriv'd too... [laugh]

this

We saw a plastic cactus target at the show today. Want to go shooting?

You should see four brothers try to outshoot each other in archery and calling the 'shot/target'.

It sometimes got so bad we would have bets that if you were too far away from the original placement your nock became the target.

I needed to replace many nocks, fletchings and arrows. Big brothers can SUCK! [rofl]

Specificity counts BEFORE the shot is taken. [smile]

TO the OP: Lack of specifics and harmony in the marriage made me vote YES.

If I was at the range with a bunch of guys, I would 100% argue Derek's definition.

However, your wife with a 9mm Kurtz at 100 yards, making the shot with style points - Pay Up Buddy! (^_^)

Technicalities never makes the couch feel better.

BTW, speaking as Range Safety Officer, those kind of shots are really not a good idea as the ricochet could have popped it up over the berm just as easily. There are quite a few clubs that don't allow pistols at the longer ranges for that reason. Don't know if yours does or doesn't of if the other side of your berm is just dense forest, but I just want to mention it before others reading this try it and get in trouble with their club for it. Most people don't realize just how fast some pistol rounds drop.

I know, spoil sport. I'd just hate to see any NES member responsible for the next news story where some stray round landed in the back yard of some lawsuit happy liberal.

If I was at the range with a bunch of guys, I would 100% argue Derek's definition.

However, your wife with a 9mm Kurtz at 100 yards, making the shot with style points - Pay Up Buddy! (^_^)

Technicalities never makes the couch feel better.

BTW, speaking as Range Safety Officer, those kind of shots are really not a good idea as the ricochet could have popped it up over the berm just as easily. There are quite a few clubs that don't allow pistols at the longer ranges for that reason. Don't know if yours does or doesn't of if the other side of your berm is just dense forest, but I just want to mention it before others reading this try it and get in trouble with their club for it. Most people don't realize just how fast some pistol rounds drop.

I know, spoil sport. I'd just hate to see any NES member responsible for the next news story where some stray round landed in the back yard of some lawsuit happy liberal.

I believe in Agawam over the berm is a small mountain. The spot is approved for all calibers

Back
Top Bottom