The waaaaaaiting is the hardest part

...with apologies to Tom Petty, of course.

Man, you'd think after my two excellent scores at the Marlboro gun show, I'd be all set, right? I haven't even had a chance to shoot the new guns yet.

But I'm picking up the Sig 229 on Friday, and I can't wait. I mean, I haven't felt this way since I was a kid waiting for Christmas.

Anyone else get this way? Is this a common affliction, a sympton of "IGOTTAHAVITITIS"? Or am I just weird? (he says, leading with his chin...)

Jay G said:
Anyone else get this way? Is this a common affliction, a sympton of "IGOTTAHAVITITIS"? Or am I just weird? (he says, leading with his chin...)
Only every time I get the itch to buy a new gun!

Oh yeah, and you ARE weird! [smile]

Jay G said:

Yup to both.

Just dropped off my $100 this morning (and had to hold my finger still for FIVE FRIGGIN' MINUTES!!); the Sgt says I should have my new LTC in 3-4 weeks.

I'm not holding my breath, though! [smile]

Jay G said:

Yup and Yup...Everytime that I buy a guy, I get that "I don't wanna grow up, I'm a gun lovin' kid" feeling!

Oh yea...Everytime that I order a new gun...

I'm all geeked up waiting for the thing to show up...

Or when I buy one from someone, and they will hold it until I have all the funds. Like maybe some .44 Special or something....

It's the best thing in the world.

jay...who doesnt get that feeling??? how about a hk usp tactical, 3rd gen glock 20, kel tec p3, and a beretta 92fs inox all in a month???? did i need them?? noooo...did i want them??? effin right i did...this website has been my downfall...i think i purchase something just about every other time i log on here

I pcik up my SW1911PD on friday from 4-seasons. And i am with you i cant waaaaiiiitttt. Thank god i am workin a few doubles this week so the time goes by kinda quick.

Richie

C-pher,

Does it make it worse that I've already ordered not one, not two, not three, but FOUR mags for the Sig?

I've had the SKS less than a week and I've already ordered a new buttpad (shaddup peanut gallery), a broken shell extractor, and 40 stripper clips. I've already ordered new grips for the Miroku...

Not only that, but I still read through the classifieds like three or four times an hour... Juuuuust in case someone posted something new.

Oh yeah. Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for hardware...

Jay G said:
Not only that, but I still read through the classifieds like three or four times an hour... Juuuuust in case someone posted something new....

Too funny. I do that as well. Even when I know that I don't have the extra money right now.

But I still look because you never know... And maybe, just maybe someone will hold it for me for two weeks or so... [smile]

Jay G said:
...with apologies to Tom Petty, of course.

Man, you'd think after my two excellent scores at the Marlboro gun show, I'd be all set, right? I haven't even had a chance to shoot the new guns yet.

But I'm picking up the Sig 229 on Friday, and I can't wait. I mean, I haven't felt this way since I was a kid waiting for Christmas.

With it getting dark at around 7:15 now for me there is no excuse not to go shooting after work. I bring my guns and range gear with me back to work after lunch break, and leave right at 5:00 for the 15-20 minute ride down to the range. It helps ya unwind after a day at the body shop.
Of course I haven't shot the Hakim I got in Marlboro yet, mainly because I haven't stripped it down, cleaned, and inspected it yet, but JayG... you have no excuse. Theres a clean SKS in your closet that I can get 10 shots in a 6" circle with at 100 yards. [laugh]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
With it getting dark at around 7:15 now for me there is no excuse not to go shooting after work. I bring my guns and range gear with me back to work after lunch break, and leave right at 5:00 for the 15-20 minute ride down to the range. It helps ya unwind after a day at the body shop.
Of course I haven't shot the Hakim I got in Marlboro yet, mainly because I haven't stripped it down, cleaned, and inspected it yet, but JayG... you have no excuse. Theres a clean SKS in your closet that I can get 10 shots in a 6" circle with at 100 yards. [laugh]

What's scary is that it actually is in my closet...

Back
Top Bottom