The Virginia Beach handgun shares a deadly feature with assault rifles

He's entitled to his opinion and has a right to espouse it. But there will be blood if he ever legislates, he must realize that.
He does. That's why he and his brain-brothers want this to be a CULTURAL thing: gunz as (un)acceptable as smoking is now.

Change the culture to be acceptable to whiny, SJW sows - but universally - and their Marxist march can proceed unimpeded.

They'll never stop until they are composting in a grave. Be sure to have the means to assist them in getting there.

The call to ban semi-autos is followed by the sudden realization that a pump action shotgun or a lever action rifle is also weapon of war and must be banned, followed by the realization that a single shot shotgun is also a weapon of war, as is a single shot 22 pistol.

Is there any variety of firearm that wasn't first developed as a military and/or police weapon?

Let me re-iterate just once more , The 2nd amendment was not written in case Bambi decided to go all out bonzai. It was written so the populace was to be on an equal footing with and when a rogue Govt. needed to be rolled back by the populace.

"Then why haven't you people mounted an armed insurrection against Trump? If ever there was a crisis for our democracy, it's because, well, Trump is Trump, unlike the former God-child President. Stop killing children and use your guns for something constructive!" (/sarc)

-Gary

WOW.
Such ignorance.
The uneducated masses will fall blindly right into the vacuum of this nonsense.
" Designed for military and law enforcement purposes only". We all have seen the " responsible use by law enforcement " videos...
This must be countered with a well written and FACT based response.

Time for the SC to straighten them out on the civilian use thing.

Yes: most of them.

Private/civilian firearms development has always preceded military adoption, until recent laws made certain firearms impractical for ordinary people to buy.

That surprises me. I can see that new types usually reached the civilian market first, but I always put that down to the slowness of military procurement. I thought most of the major firearm types were either developed explicitly for somebody's army, or were developed partly in hopes of selling to somebody's army. (By 'type' I mean the general action or design: SA revolver, DA revolver, lever-action, bolt-action, etc.)

Semi-automatics have been around for over a century. Where were the problems decades ago? Oh that's right there weren't any. The problem is poor parenting, indoctrination into the blame everyone else society and take no responsibility for ones actions etc.

Semi-automatics have been around for over a century. Where were the problems decades ago? Oh that's right there weren't any. The problem is poor parenting, indoctrination into the blame everyone else society and take no responsibility for ones actions etc.
"Heh if the founding fathers knew these fully semi automatic ARs (Assault Rifle) would exist they would have banned them outright"

"Heh if the founding fathers knew these fully semi automatic ARs (Assault Rifle) would exist they would have banned them outright"
If the founding fathers had thought that gay marriage would have been accepted, they would have placed a ban in the constitution. Ditto for abortion. We can play "if the founding fathers thought...." long ago. The founding fathers also thought slavery was OK.

Those of us with a bit more mileage remember when it was "we aren't going after your rifles, its handguns we want to ban" - and the Brady group or its ancestor was named the "National coalition to ban handguns".

Good thing they didn't know about the puckle gun and had no idea that there would ever be any advances in firearms and other things too.;)

Back
Top Bottom