THE VALUE OF BRASS...

KeresziOfficeJoesJunkyard.jpg

The following statement was taken from a brass casing seller on EBAY. I’m just wondering if this is true (I have no reason to doubt him) or is he just trying to get the bidding up a tad? Having to clean and deprime all the brass must add a little to his cost also. He might have to deprime the brass before the scrap yard would take it and perhaps they would be a little squeamish about taking anything to do with ammo or reloading…at least in Mass.

“As you might have noticed brass has gone up in price so much that it's getting hard to sell when I can make more selling it as scrap. I had to sell about 2700 pounds of 9mm's that I had sorted and polished because the scrap yard was paying $1.75 a pound and no one was willing to bid on it for reloading. I will do my best to continue to sell brass on Ebay so that it gets reloaded and not scrapped and melted.”

Brass, Copper, and Aluminum are all up pretty high...

I think that the last time I spoke with State Line, Brass was around 2.24 a pound and Aluminum was around 1.25 a pound.

I was asking when I wanted to drop off the pool that the previous owners left in my yard.. It was steel, but I asked what it would have been if it was Aluminum. I also asked about the brass at the same time. I guess right now, Copper is a gold mine... I think he said it was around 3.50 a pound..

Brass, Copper, and Aluminum are all up pretty high...

I think that the last time I spoke with State Line, Brass was around 2.24 a pound and Aluminum was around 1.25 a pound.

I was asking when I wanted to drop off the pool that the previous owners left in my yard.. It was steel, but I asked what it would have been if it was Aluminum. I also asked about the brass at the same time. I guess right now, Copper is a gold mine... I think he said it was around 3.50 a pound..

Who is State Line?

Brass and copper were very high (I made out real good with my scrap) Last time I checked it had started down. Brass was $.80 per pound. The guy on E BAY is over priced for what he has and that is why it is not selling as he thinks it should.

New place in Mansfield was giving me over a $1.00 more per pound of copper than state line offered me.

Miller Recycling Corp.
73 Plymouth St.
PO Box 74
Mansfield MA 02048
508-695-0211

The place is HUGE ! There was a line of tractor trailers waiting in line to unload here.

Who's buying

Not really sure if I'm derailing this thread, but does anybody know of some other places in Southern Mass. that buys scrap brass. I'm looking for personal experiences, not a page out of the Yellow Pages. Plus any guesses at the going rate for brass. I never sold scrap metal before, so I'm looking for some guidence to make sure I don't get taken for a ride.

Thanks
Kurt

Are you near New Bedford? There are 2 places I have used, Cody & Tobin on Bellville Ave. and Martins Inc. on Shawmut Ave. both in N.B.
Last time I turned in brass it was around a dollar a pound, sometimes it may be less if there are steel cases in there.

Not really sure if I'm derailing this thread, but does anybody know of some other places in Southern Mass. that buys scrap brass. I'm looking for personal experiences, not a page out of the Yellow Pages. Plus any guesses at the going rate for brass. I never sold scrap metal before, so I'm looking for some guidence to make sure I don't get taken for a ride.

Thanks
Kurt

My scrap dealer picks it up at my house. I get a little less, but no time and gasoline investment from me involved. He is real close to city prices but not quite.

As for prices, it changes almost daily.

http://www.liveshellfish.com/metals.htm

H H & M of Everett, MA is the best scrap metal yard in the state. I have been doing business with these guys for 20+ years. They are honest, fair, and reliable, and they pay top dollar for scrap.

I have a couple huge microwave dish feeds sitting under my deck. I think they must be brass. I offered them to my brother a few years ago because he's always scrapping stuff. He never bothered to take them so I guess I'll "dispose" of them myself[smile]

~ Time's-a-Wastin' ~

ac99_1_b.JPG

It just may be high time to acquire a few email addresses from good ol' EBAY just in case you have someone with need, in a state other than the
00084.gif
"The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts" that could use a little something down the road.
[smile]

div59.gif

FROM ONE OF THE SELLERS:
"With the dramatic rise in brass prices I am not going to send you crappy, dirty brass as scrap sells for more than $1.45 a #. I toss heavily dented, bell-mouthed, gouged, cracked, unreadable headstamp or otherwise questionable brass. I tossed out 55# this week alone! Unfortunately, after this week what I get will be sold for scrap only unless I am contacted directly by email (don't hesitate to do so and save my email addy if you want lot's of great brass at fair prices). Check my feedback and bid with confidence of getting a square deal."

Back
Top Bottom