1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The Unofficial NES school vacation thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wolf223, Feb 13, 2009.

1. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

Littleman and I are boarding a Boeing 757-200 tomorrow, bound for St. Louis.

what is everyone else doing? i.e. those with children(s)

plans? none really, gonna hang out, mosey down to Ft. Leonard Wood, see girly girl and I have two buddies I have NOT seen since we were in Iraq. One is coming down from Ft. Reily and the other should be arriving to Ft. Leonard Wood on Monday.

we all have kids, wives, ex-wives, girlfriends ect... so it's going to be low-key.

since it's fresh on my mind: gun stores and gun laws...

i'm NOT going to bring any weapons with me... we are flying and I (a) don't want the hassle and (b) don't feel the need. we will be "undercover" as we've been in that area before. we don't have accents and will blend in around base.

post away!

2. CRSIII

CRSIII

I'm going to hide.[laugh] Actually, the wife's been in Fla (funeral) since New years (actually Tuesday) and I have been inadverdently warping all three of mine.
    My salvation returns tomorrow late afternoon.
    Prior to her arrival, my angelic MIL will take my girls so that I may take my son to M O N S T E R truck jam! With the Scouts no less!
    (arranged prior to Fla trip)
    Upon Moms return, she will gather her progeny, and sweep them off to a GOAL sponsors happy fun place,
    (sans me)
    and I will crawl under my bed and sleep. Something I haven't done since New Years (actually Tuesday).
    When we reconvene Monday, it's ice fishing, sledding, movies and anything else that makes them tired!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  3. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

[rofl].

hence, i planned a trip. i probably would have off'd myself if we stayed home.

-it kinda worked out to my surprise [laugh]

4. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

sounds fun. [laugh]

complicated, but fun.....

5. Chris

Chris NES Member

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
    WOO HOO!!

Party at Jay_Chris's house.

6. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

i have a cat-sitter [laugh]

7. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

checked thier gun laws - it appears MO accepts ANY CCW permit from out-of-state.

-nice to know...

thier CCW permits are for: 23 y/o and up, with a similar criteria to the FED and MA gubmint

http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/Publications/Brochures/documents/SHP-863.pdf

page 4

8. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

I have to work. [crying]

But my son and I have a few things planned. Primarily being gym rats as much as we can. He's got baseball season coming up soon.

9. Chris

Chris NES Member

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
    Probably shouldn't have asked EddieCoyle.

(oh no, not another cat thread)

10. sdavid

sdavid

I'm going to test some hand loads and work up my remaining primers than buy another 1,000 to work on also.

Then some testing with a new 642 I recently picked up, along with some plate practice.

After all that I may go shooting.

11. JoeT

JoeT

Couple day events with the kids. Science museum, aquarium, it's too cold for the zoo (if they are even open in Feb)

12. atilla

atilla

hopefully i will have my headaches kicked so i can go to the range and put some holes in paper. i'm considering buying a 10/22 but i also want to save up for an AR.

tried to get the girlfriend to come with me just to try even the 9mm but she's still against guns. maybe one day...

13. SKS Ray

SKS Ray Moderator NES Member

I'll be enjoying the ride to work with no school buses, parents who drop off their kids in the morning, and teenage kids, on the road.

14. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

[rofl]

i find myself laughing when I get stuck behind a school bus... my commute is just over 6 miles nowdays vs. 95 / 128

15. wolf223

wolf223 Guest

the eagle has landed. [rofl]

good thing about MO, no bullshit liquor stores close at 11:00.

it's been a while since I've been down south, the adult stores and strip clubs are abundant. [laugh]

tomorrow, its shopping, BBQ restaurants and hopefully check a few gun stores.

the kids are still awake though [rolleyes] -