The U.N. is coming for your guns - Update #402

Pop quiz: do you all tinfoil hatter chicken littles know how a treaty becomes binding in the US?

I do! I do! In fact, I think you'll find that I posted it somewhere earlier in this thread.

I'm going to spoil your fun by posting a, uh, spoiler.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;

Pop quiz: do you all tinfoil hatter chicken littles know how a treaty becomes binding in the US?
Yeah, yeah, I am sure the Senate will be sure to stop it cold in its tracks now that Republicans won all those new seats... [laugh][thinking][sad2]

There really isn't a lot standing in their way at this point. They basically have to wave their hands and determine that no new laws are required and everything they want to do can be accomplished via ATF regs.

Assuming they got the handful of Republican turn-coat votes in the Senate, Congress can de-fund it, but that's about it...

The good news is that Congress has a long history of de-funding specific activities of the ATF in this manner, the bad news is that is a weak protection of our rights at best.

Last edited:
screwed1.jpg

The sky is falling , the sky is falling . Sorta like how the USN would never have to worry about being so politically correct that you couldn't drink on cruise . This for the Pop quiz win .

Well, might I suggest that if you aren't already supporting pro 2A groups, now would be a real good time to start. Whether it's the NRA, GOAL, 2nd Amendment, et al, please help give them the resources to protect our rights.

Meh, I'm done worrying; if they come for my guns, I'll give them every gun they can find. Best of luck to you finding them(here's a hint, the "safe" is a decoy)

I think by the time they or whoever starts coming for our guns, there's gonna be a shitstorm of other factors going on way before that happens. This thread has been beat to hell.

I'm not gonna read all 44 pages in this post but I can say that if anyone thinks that the U.N. or any other agency thinks that they can take our guns there will be blood in the streets.

This. I'm not worried in the least.

Sent from my POS iPhone
While less concern than the internet generally has is always warranted, the level of malfeasance demonstrated by this administration and employment of Chicago thug politics can only be assumed to get worse during a "no-consequence" 2nd term.

I am not "worried", but it is worth monitoring this closely - there are easy paths to abuse with the level of Democrat control of the Senate and again a whitehouse accustomed to bully-politics and breaking laws to get their way.

I'm not gonna read all 44 pages in this post but I can say that if anyone thinks that the U.N. or any other agency thinks that they can take our guns there will be blood in the streets.

Yeah but who's blood? Half the population would welcome them and the other half wouldn't give a shit either way. The fraction of a percent who would stand up and fight amounts to a rounding error.

Yeah but who's blood? Half the population would welcome them and the other half wouldn't give a shit either way. The fraction of a percent who would stand up and fight amounts to a rounding error.

I guess that makes me a 1% but not financially.

NOT wearing a tinfoil hat and NOT blocking every move to the extent possible results in passage of obscenities such as the Gun Control Acts of 1927, '34, '38, '68, '86 and '94.

But since we've never actually HAD oppressive gun control laws enacted in this country I guess I don't need to worry about them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom