The U.N. is coming for your guns - Update #402

Fox news is reporting that the US and Russia asked for 'more time' to consider the resolution and a vote could come later this year, perhaps after the elections.

Doesn't sound like it's dead.
I strongly suspect Obama was informed that this would be a very bad thing to do right now as he needs to preserve the illusion so effective amongst his apologists among gun moderates that he isn't violently anti-gun until after the election.

Another thing to keep in mind(forgive me if this is incorrect, I read it here a few months ago) is that once signed, he can just shelve it indefinitely until a Senate of appropriate demeanor is available, at which point whoever the President is can present it to them for a vote to ratify.

Like I have said before though obama is defitnly not progun I realy don't think gun control is on his agenda and passing gun control will only hurt him now or even after a reelection... he is not after your guns that's not on his agenda he is after your money! If his plan is to tax us to the point we can't buy guns because we can't affoard them there is a posabiltiy...

Dude, do you really believe Fast and Furious was a "failed" operation? More than likely, it was a political operation designed to weaken objections to gun control. If not, why is Obama hiding behind executive privilege?

So I can dig my guns up now, or wait until after the election?

Speaking of which, can I borrow someones gps and a metal detector? I think I buried mine with the guns..

So I can dig my guns up now, or wait until after the election?

Speaking of which, can I borrow someones gps and a metal detector? I think I buried mine with the guns..

You might want to wait until after the election just in case Mitt loses.

Yup. Frankly I'm even more afraid of Romney than Obama... I'm sure I will receive many negative rep points for saying that but there it is.

I don't think you'll get any negative reps. There's only a few of us that aren't completely freaked out by him, myself not being one of them. Gary Johnson or bust. I hope they get him in the debates, he's going to make nobama and mister magic underpants look like clowns.

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

Dude, do you really believe Fast and Furious was a "failed" operation? More than likely, it was a political operation designed to weaken objections to gun control. If not, why is Obama hiding behind executive privilege?

fst and furious was a plan to demonstrate how lax our guns laws

were or how many loopholes there are and a good reason to implement

more stupid laws rules and requirements. the only thing Obama wanted

was to be as distant as possble as he could, the specific reason

for executive priviledge. he's one sneaky bastard... the other one

that seems to have failed is the UN treaty, he was pushing hard

for this so he could point to the UN

The noise Mitt Romney has been making over the last few weeks is ****ing terrifying. I suspect poor relationships with our allies (except Israel) and more wars to funnel money to defense contractors if he comes to power.

The noise Mitt Romney has been making over the last few weeks is ****ing terrifying. I suspect poor relationships with our allies (except Israel) and more wars to funnel money to defense contractors if he comes to power.

Mitts going to use all his detailed military background on top of his extensive foreign policy history to make everything work out just fine.

Yup. Frankly I'm even more afraid of Romney than Obama... I'm sure I will receive many negative rep points for saying that but there it is.

I think Romney is ultimately more dangerous on some fronts, because he won't have the bad blood problem Obama currently does- he'll have a clean slate with congress. Which means he has a better chance of brokering "deals" that can pass. Everytime congress brokers some sort of a deal between the two sides usually the taxpayer suffers even more than they already are.

I think Obama is still more of an anti, but as far as presidents go, Romney is not demonstrably different from Obama. He's not going to turn over the apple cart, even if the government's apple cart needs to be smashed to bits with an axe and then burned.

-Mike

I learned something today.

I don't know if or when this data will be useful to me, but you just never know.
I am guessing you will hear more and more about Mormonism as we approach the election - and not the good happy parts... More like the WTF? Holy Hell, parts... [laugh]. (every religion has them, some more than others. [hmmm])

Interestingly though since this is a "Christian" religion, the press is free to bash it as much is they like in contrast to all of the WTF? Holy Hell parts of Islam.

I think Obama is still more of an anti, but as far as presidents go, Romney is not demonstrably different from Obama. He's not going to turn over the apple cart, even if the government's apple cart needs to be smashed to bits with an axe and then burned.

-Mike

If you think Romney is the same as Obama than you must really like Obama's Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harrass gun shops out of business, promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty, appointing two anti-RKBA Supreme Court Justices and appointing 125 anti-RKBA liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

If this is "avoiding gun control in order to get re-elected" than imagine what he'll do if he gets a second term. In the very least, more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce. In addition, a Democrat Senate would likely sign on to the UN Gun Ban Treaty, lots more proposed gun control legislation and anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices.

Here’s the rest of Obama’s record:
http://www.gunbanobama.com/GettheFacts.aspx

Here's Romney's record and positions:

http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/gun-rights
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/courts-constitution

Romney is much more conservative and pro-RKBA than Obama and as President he will much better for gun rights.

Says it shouldnt effect domestic gun stuff .... Hmmmm dont trust anyone anymore
Yeah, I expect that will be revealed as BS soon enough - they will have to register everything domestically to be sure it is staying domestic. The usual "what harm is there in registration?" nonsense...

Back
Top Bottom