• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The True Story of Charlie Wilson

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
The History Channel is running "The True Story of Charlie Wilson" tonight at 8:00pm. Looks like it might be interesting. They usually do pretty good shows from what I have seen.

Some of their stuff is very good. Some of it is very silly. Anyway, I plan to record this because my daughter bought the book and said I should read it when she's done. At least I can compare the two.

gary

Some of it is very silly.

Yeah, that's true. But if the show shows the true story it ought to be interesting at the very least. The promo had one or two quick shots of Wilson talking. Looks like someone had his cooperation.

Yeah, that's true. But if the show shows the true story it ought to be interesting at the very least. The promo had one or two quick shots of Wilson talking. Looks like someone had his cooperation.

Hopefully this will be a good one. It's the UFO and Mysterious Monster shows that I find silly. Ice Road Truckers is OK, but it should be Discovery or something.

Gary

Well, this turned out to be two very interesting and entertaining hours. Charlie Wilson took on a mission and from all indications made it happen. The show did not shrink from his personal problems but also did not dwell upon them. As the show said, he was a flawed hero, but he was a hero.

Bravo Charlie!

To quote Charlie Wilson's receptionist, "You can teach someone to type but you can't teach'um to grow tits !"

regards....roger

WOW ! Plenty of free time on your hands to go back to a 2007 thread !!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Actually it did not take any time at all.

There is a new (?) feature to this website. If you look just a little down below any thread you will see a section entitled "Similar threads". I forget which thread I was posting to at the time but I glanced down at that feature and the very first thread it listed was this one. So being the conscientious lad which I am, I just had to resurrect it.

Back
Top Bottom