• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the town of west boylston is unbelievable

Yeah you can Hunt there, by means of shooting, but you can not "Target Shoot" there. I believe that the root of this thread deals with shooting as on a range.

I would think anywhere you can "hunt", you can shoot at a few old cans. I can't believe that wouldn't be the case. No?

West Boylston is going to be spending a good bit of money on lawyers very soon....I hope the libtards understand that when some of the other free sh*t they expect can't be afforded them in the future.

West Boylston is going to be spending a good bit of money on lawyers very soon....I hope the libtards understand that when some of the other free sh*t they expect can't be afforded them in the future.

Wouldn't it be the other group of people spending the money on lawyers instead of the town?

Seemed like if they lose at the zba their next potion is court. If Wayne loses at the zba i think he can appeal to the zba. At least that was my understanding at the meeting.

If the ZBA shuts them down (and I question the legality of the current sanctions) and the appeal is upheld (which it appears will happen based on the sidebar BS that occurred at the meeting and the general tone there), then Wayne's suit would be against the town, or specifically an agency of the town, the ZBA. He can't really bring suit against the concerned libtards group, they are just the instigators. The town makes the rulings.

Yes, if the crybabies that moved into the environment and now want everyone around them to change their ways do not get their way, then they certainly can waste money on lawyers, too. I hope they do.

All of this is just my meanderings, based on Wayne's family setting up a fundraiser for legal costs, and general commentary on this situation. In the end, he may simply decide it isn't worth the trouble or bad blood, and move on from it. I certainly hope he chooses to fight it if need be, as I'm sick of this pattern of people moving in, and then trying to upend the status quo to suit their selfish desires.

My take is that Wayne's situation is different as he has not charged, nor will charge for use of his private range.

Further, I wonder if the chief petitioner in the case against him ever asked for permission to access the range area. (During the Zoning Board meeting, he said he walked onto the range and counted the people shooting, did he secure permission to enter the property?)

If this is solely about noise of the range, why are the petitioners seeking to limit the types of firearms used at the property? What bearing does the classification of firearm have to do with the noise generated?

Friday,
The ZBA shut him down, and as far as I can tell, it is illegal. The state allows shooting on private property outside of 500' of any dwelling. (We all know this.)
However, the ZBA has gone above and beyond by limiting the time he can use his own land.
As it is, he doesn't have lights on his property, so no one can shoot after dark.

Folks,
Wayne is a good friend, and my fishing partner. Let's help him out.

Please consider stopping by the Kasbar in Worcester for a fund-raiser for Wayne.
A $10 donation is being asked at the door, and raffle tickets will be sold.

Kasbar
234 Southwest Cutoff Rd.
Worcester MA.

Also, the next ZBA meeting will take place on April 21, at 7:45 at the West Boylston High School.
Let's flood the place with "like-minded" individuals. All are welcome, no matter what town you're from.

Please join us at the KasBar in Worcester Sunday April 10th, 2016 from 4-8pm. This is to help Wayne with his legal fees. Also we ask for a ten dollar donation at the door but for every time you donate you get a blue ticket for your choice of the two GRAND PRIZES!! Also tshirt, koozies, and beer opener key chains will be for sale!! We hope to see you all there thank you for your support!! :)
p.s. We have about 50 raffle prizes and about 8 silent auction items!! Thank you again!! :) #IStandWithWayne see you there!

- - - Updated - - -

Date and Time?

Please join us at the KasBar in Worcester Sunday April 10th, 2016 from 4-8pm. This is to help Wayne with his legal fees. Also we ask for a ten dollar donation at the door but for every time you donate you get a blue ticket for your choice of the two GRAND PRIZES!! Also tshirt, koozies, and beer opener key chains will be for sale!! We hope to see you all there thank you for your support!! :)
p.s. We have about 50 raffle prizes and about 8 silent auction items!! Thank you again!! :) #IStandWithWayne see you there!

ugh. there's a development going in across from my range. I know it's just a matter of time before they try to shut it down.

reminds me of when I lived in VT and transplants from MA, NJ, etc. always tried to ban hunting. they would go so far as to walk through the woods with cowbells and cymbals, making as much noise as possible to drive off the deer.

Hah, a buddy was bow hunting on his own land in Weston, and a neighbor caught wind and started walking the property line banging pans to ensure he didnt see any wildlife. One evening she nearly walked right over a big buck, which startled and ran right toward my buddy, who promptly bagged it. Poetic justice.

Hah, a buddy was bow hunting on his own land in Weston, and a neighbor caught wind and started walking the property line banging pans to ensure he didnt see any wildlife. One evening she nearly walked right over a big buck, which startled and ran right toward my buddy, who promptly bagged it. Poetic justice.
I will never understand how people have so much hate and free time.
Do you know how bored or stupid someone must be to do what you just describe? Walking around banging pans? Are you serious? ****ing people

The neighbor was committing a crime as it is unlawful to interfere with the lawful taking of game animals.

That is the flip side of this, But if what that old broad was doing is causing the game to go the other way, then 131 sec 5C would kick in.

Actually, upon further review, it may not be unlawful.

The last line of MGL Chapter 131 Section 5C says

This section shall not apply to the owners of the lands or waters or tenants or other persons acting under the authority of such owners of the lands or waters

So it seems you can interfere with the lawful taking of a game animal as long as you do so only on your own property, or with the permission of the owner.

Way to take bake an instant "out" into the law Massachusetts....

Well, they finally came out a said it. They now don't want to just curtail the shooting at Wayne's. The now want make the discharge of any firearm anywhere in the town illegal. This will end well.

It gets worse. Hearing gunfire causes irregular heartbeat, exacerbates diabetes, and could be mistaken for an active shooter emergency at the local school. (I wish I was ****ing joking.)

https://youtu.be/GunpOoarAPg?t=2h56m20s

Like Wayne's attorney keeps saying as the loon drones on..."Oh.My.God."

I can claim the opposite. When I hear gunfire, it calms me. When I am getting mentally prepared to shoot, there is nothing but me and the target (of course I am aware of my surroundings, the positions of my fellow shooters, what is between me and my target, as well as what lies beyond my target) but the Zen like feeling that I feel is that nothing matters but my target and the tool I am using to put rounds on target.

Back
Top Bottom