the town of west boylston is unbelievable

A while back there was a proposal to build an access road for the Worcester Airport. Four local residents managed to make enough noise to shut it down. They called themselves Residents Opposing Access Road (ROAR).

In Shrewsbury, the locals keep putting Prop 2.5 override questions on the ballet until they finally get an election with a low enough turnout so they win. They did this with the Fire Department and Library.

Wayne needs to keep vigilant.
They did that in Walpole too, kept bringing up the override to build a library until a low turnout came with lots of their supporters . These type goons don't give up, neither should we !

Cool.

Anyone here who does Facebook? Maybe you could post this "gofundme" link on the West Boylston neighbor helping neighbor business page. THAT would be awesome!

hey guys , is this link to go fund me thing for real? or it is a scam? few years ago i did try to give wayne some money when i was at his gunrange and he turn it down , soo look like this time am gona have to send it to him through this page

They did that in Walpole too, kept bringing up the override to build a library until a low turnout came with lots of their supporters . These type goons don't give up, neither should we !

No. I didnt finally win because of low turmout. It won because more people voted for it than not. Fair and square.

Hey Everyone. I am trying to keep everyone updated as much as possible. I Stand With Wayne on Facebook has been a hit. We have got the KasBar in Worcester to donate there place of business. We are going to have a dinner and raffle there, My grandfather would love to have all his friends and family there ! https://www.facebook.com/events/964394190311454/ Let us know if you are interested ! Thank you again!

Hi Kelly, thank you for everything. I'm wondering if the meeting will be postponed seeing as how it's on 24 March and the fundraising dinner is on 10 April.

Unfortunately not. We have asked to postpone but they said they can not. So we had to have the fundraiser after ! :( We hope you can make it though.

Hello everyone, we got the fundraiser for Wayne ! Its going to be at the KasBar in Worcester MA! We are so pleased with everyones support we appreciate it! :) The event is April 10th 2016 from 4pm-8pm! Check it out here! https://www.facebook.com/events/964394190311454/

Also if you wanted to donate to the fundraiser contact me via Facebook or on here! Thank you !! You guys are the best! :)

Unfortunately not. We have asked to postpone but they said they can not. So we had to have the fundraiser after ! :( We hope you can make it though.
Any lawyers care to chime in on the chances that this lack of postponement will screw Wayne? What can be done to limit the possibility that the town might ram something through?

Any lawyers care to chime in on the chances that this lack of postponement will screw Wayne? What can be done to limit the possibility that the town might ram something through?

I served as chairman of my town's Development & Industrial Commission for 25 years and attended more ZBA and Planning Board meetings/hearings than I care to count. I never heard of a refusal to postpone a meeting/hearing when requested by an affected party, it just never happened here . . . and believe me, they were not at all business-friendly. I do think that there is a procedural requirement to postpone if requested but I'll bet it has to be done only by the affected party/attorney for same and most likely by Certified Mail. It's certainly worth someone up there checking the MGLs on how ZBAs and Planning Boards operate and their requirements for hearings.

From a distance, I'm reading into this that it's a bag job they want to complete before the affected party returns and is able to put up an argument why he shouldn't be shut down. Ergo, it's dirty politics at its finest!

I served as chairman of my town's Development & Industrial Commission for 25 years and attended more ZBA and Planning Board meetings/hearings than I care to count. I never heard of a refusal to postpone a meeting/hearing when requested by an affected party, it just never happened here . . . and believe me, they were not at all business-friendly. I do think that there is a procedural requirement to postpone if requested but I'll bet it has to be done only by the affected party/attorney for same and most likely by Certified Mail. It's certainly worth someone up there checking the MGLs on how ZBAs and Planning Boards operate and their requirements for hearings.

From a distance, I'm reading into this that it's a bag job they want to complete before the affected party returns and is able to put up an argument why he shouldn't be shut down. Ergo, it's dirty politics at its finest!
That was exactly my concern. Hopefully we're wrong...

No postponement granted? Ironic seeing that three of the seven members terms are expiring at the end of April. The cynic in me might be reading too far into it but based on what Len posted there might be an agenda.

Yes let's protest his house. Lets make them squirm now.
Nothing will be gained by engaging in provocative actions. Continuing to support Wayne by engaging in commerce with him, asking permission to use his private range area, and contributing to any legal defense fund he has is our best course of action.

Our goal should be to show we are rational, responsible and reasonable shooters, not to provoke, inflame, or antagonize anyone on either side of the debate. Education as to Wayne's rights, and our rights as firearm owners is how change will come about.

Nothing will be gained by engaging in provocative actions. Continuing to support Wayne by engaging in commerce with him, asking permission to use his private range area, and contributing to any legal defense fund he has is our best course of action. Our goal should be to show we are rational, responsible and reasonable shooters, not to provoke, inflame, or antagonize anyone on either side of the debate. Education as to Wayne's rights, and our rights as firearm owners is how change will come about.

This

Bumping this again. Meeting is tonight for any that can attend. Word around town is the "concerned citizens" have quite a few supporters attending.

Maybe a silly question, but nowhere in the law protecting ranges from noise complaints if they were compliant at the time of initial use does it say anything about "commercial ranges" being the only ranges so protected.

Furthermore, reading the list of demands, it is clear that this is not at all about noise, and has MUCH more to do with someone having an issue with firearms in general.

One of points of contention is the fact that they would need to disclose the presence of the range to any potential home buyers and that may detract from the property value. I would submit that as the range was in use at a time predating many of their own purchases, one could argue the previous owners did not disclose the range, or that the current owners did not due their due diligence.

Also, the complaint that conversations need to stop because of the overwhelming volume of gunfire makes hearing one another impossible (at a distance of over a mile) I would submit that this statement is hyperbole at best or an outright attempt at deception at worst.

Wish I were feeling well enough to be there in person.

Family only M-F 4pm-6pm, Saturday 11am-3, no shooting on Sunday.

They're going to try and find some common ground at some compromise meeting. If nothing can be agreed upon at that meeting, they will meet at the next zoning board meeting on the 21st of April.

Kind of disappointed. Other side had some crazy request in my opinion. Limit to family only, only shoot like 1 or 2 hours a day.

Eventually it'll be posted on YouTube. I'll try and remember to post the link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom