• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the town of west boylston is unbelievable

Looking at The Banner, there are many police log entries for "gunshots heard", so looks like a new tack is being taken. Someone mentioned that the antis have a facebook page, got links?

Don't sell them short, this is an old tactic and very effective.

Many years ago people called the PD complaining of gunfire at ~8PM from the local gun club. When the dispatcher told them that it was the police qualifying, they didn't care and made a stink. The Chief stopped all night qualification shooting. My late Chief told me that people in another part of town were calling in "gun shots heard" when people slammed their car trunk lids. Eventually they used all those complaints to put forth a town meeting article to ban all shooting in the town except at the gun clubs. Only a handful of gun club members lived in town (and most couldn't be bothered attending a town meeting) and the opposition marshaled enough people to get it passed. And this was long before Al Whore invented the Internet and social media was a telephone or a letter.

Looking at The Banner, there are many police log entries for "gunshots heard", so looks like a new tack is being taken. Someone mentioned that the antis have a facebook page, got links?

I think I read it somewhere in this posting that the police either practice AT Wayne's, or near Wayne's.

The dispatcher needs to just tell the caller that shooting a gun is NOT ILLEGAL.

Don't sell them short, this is an old tactic and very effective.

Many years ago people called the PD complaining of gunfire at ~8PM from the local gun club. When the dispatcher told them that it was the police qualifying, they didn't care and made a stink. The Chief stopped all night qualification shooting. My late Chief told me that people in another part of town were calling in "gun shots heard" when people slammed their car trunk lids. Eventually they used all those complaints to put forth a town meeting article to ban all shooting in the town except at the gun clubs. Only a handful of gun club members lived in town (and most couldn't be bothered attending a town meeting) and the opposition marshaled enough people to get it passed. And this was long before Al Whore invented the Internet and social media was a telephone or a letter.

See my response above. Oh, they need to go fart in a hat. It is NOT VERY EFFECTIVE if the police do what I said. The police need to put on their big boy pants, and tell it like it is. The residents of West Boylston need to grow up.

The people of West Boylston showed up at the Selectmans meeting and overwhelmingly supported Waynes right to use his land as he sees fit. I saw 4 opposed to Wayne and at least 50 siding with him. I ran into a cop the other day and asked about how many complaints they get per day regarding Waynes. He said at least 3, all from the same people and most times there is no actual shooting going on. The antis are by no means finished with this.
Sounds like filing false reports to me. Reminders of potential legal implications for making false statements might be in order.

1) The people of West Boylston showed up at the Selectmans meeting and overwhelmingly supported Waynes right to use his land as he sees fit.
2) I saw 4 opposed to Wayne and at least 50 siding with him.
3)I ran into a cop the other day and asked about how many complaints they get per day regarding Waynes. He said at least 3, all from the same people and most times there is no actual shooting going on.

4) The antis are by no means finished with this.

With 1, 2, and 3, how can you actually say 4 even matters with a straight face? They've been staunchly opposed and are no longer significant. Move on!

Sent $100. I've been a customer for years, bought and transferred guns there. Wayne and his colleagues are always knowledgeable and helpful, without the propoganda, personal opinion, and bullshit that some stores seem to offer. Great guy, Vietnam Vet. Just a pleasure to do business with. I will continue to support him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Pure nonsense. They are racking up the bills against your friends range to drive him out of that endeavor. We are treated like second class citizens as long as we allow it. Kinds funny considering the overall situation...

Someone get on that "Friends of West Boylston Business" site, and tell them someone is trying to put a West Boylston business out of business!

Back
Top Bottom