• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the thin blue line "US" flags?

Let the flag, unaltered, fly in respect for a downed officer. But by slapping a blue line on the US flag, it emphasizes the police state....

I come from a family with deep ties to law enforcement. Many, many of my family and friends have, and many more still do, protect and serve.

If you force any one of them to choose between protecting the citizenry or obeying the government, they will choose the side of those they swore to protect over the government any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Protecting the citizenry, like when they arrest people for victimless crimes? Any of them ever arrest a kid with pot? Did they ever give a ticket to someone going 10mph over? I'm guessing that every one of them "obeys the government" at the "citizenry's" expense on a daily basis. It's not all SHTF ultimatum time.

Not that it's their fault, but more that it's the nature of being a cop in today's police state lite. Do they do good as well? I'm sure they do. But in a country where just about every last one of us is free only until the government turns its all knowing eye on him or her and decides to throw the book at us for one of the various violations of our absurdly bloated book of laws that we all commit on a daily basis, I will continue to view cops with distrust, at minimum. Putting on a uniform doesn't make them heroes, it makes them the enforcement mechanism of a government that's out of control and that views the citizenry as an adversary, or at least a potential hostile threat. It's all right there in that TBL explanation that I pulled from Wikipedia:

The idea behind this graphic is that law enforcement (the blue line) are unable to distinguish between criminals and lawful civilians, and identify themselves as being "surrounded"

Change the stars to snowflakes and you got a real contender, there!

us_gay3.gif

I don't have issue with the flag its self. As one member mentioned it is no longer an American flag once altered.

I do take issue where I see it flown where I normally see an American flag, it is not a subsitute.

This 100%

Protecting the citizenry, like when they arrest people for victimless crimes? Any of them ever arrest a kid with pot? Did they ever give a ticket to someone going 10mph over? I'm guessing that every one of them "obeys the government" at the "citizenry's" expense on a daily basis. It's not all SHTF ultimatum time.

Not that it's their fault, but more that it's the nature of being a cop in today's police state lite. Do they do good as well? I'm sure they do. But in a country where just about every last one of us is free only until the government turns its all knowing eye on him or her and decides to throw the book at us for one of the various violations of our absurdly bloated book of laws that we all commit on a daily basis, I will continue to view cops with distrust, at minimum. Putting on a uniform doesn't make them heroes, it makes them the enforcement mechanism of a government that's out of control and that views the citizenry as an adversary, or at least a potential hostile threat. It's all right there in that TBL explanation that I pulled from Wikipedia:

What is your position of those that serve in the military?

What's your problem with it? What were you hoping I'd say in response to your bringing the military into a discussion about cops?

No problem. As I said it was the response I would expect from you ...you appear to have difficulty with Police I just figured I ask for clarification with your thoughts on our military. They are one in the same. Many serving our country are returning and serving as Police. I know I picked up my gun and marched in the directions I was asked to go.

No problem. As I said it was the response I would expect from you ...you appear to have difficulty with Police I just figured I ask for clarification with your thoughts on our military. They are one in the same. Many serving our country are returning and serving as Police. I know I picked up my gun and marched in the directions I was asked to go.

Just to make sure I'm following your math here, many military guys are coming back and signing up as cops, therefore the police and the military are one and the same?

They are one in the same.

Posse committatus much?

If you don't see the difference between the police and the military WRT the two institutions' impact on your civil rights, there's no reasoning with you.

I know I picked up my gun and marched in the directions I was asked to go.

Asked or told?

And what's the point of this sentence in the context of this discussion? It sounds like it's intended to give cops a pass for "just following orders," but I should know better than to try to apply logic at this point.

This is what they need.

Attachments

• Dunkin-Donuts.jpg
    Dunkin-Donuts.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
Not a big fan, but it doesn't bother me.
If I found it pisses off blm and liberals enough I might consider flying it for short periods of time.
The house down the street fly's one, I just figured they had family in the police force.
I could totally understand having one on your house if that is the case.

I always though the "thin line" decals, and colored lights broke down like this:

Blue - Police
Red - Fire/Rescue
Green - Military?

I have also seen:
Yellow - Tow Truck Drivers and service vehicle people
Green - Environmental Police

That could be it. I've always thought green = Army, red = Marines, blue = Air Force, yellow or blue = Navy, orange = Coast Gaurd. I've never done the whole colored light thing though [emoji4]

Don't care for it at all. Not for any social or political reasons, I just don't like any distortions or artistic interpretations of the American flag. Someone really wants to throw a blue line decal on their car or fly a flag on their house to make sure everyone knows they haven't learned yet to leave work at work and put a bullseye on their vehicle or home when punks feel like vandalizing shit, go right ahead - but don't think you're going to upstage Betsy Ross.

I come from a family with deep ties to law enforcement. Many, many of my family and friends have, and many more still do, protect and serve.

If you force any one of them to choose between protecting the citizenry or obeying the government, they will choose the side of those they swore to protect over the government any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

lets hope this day of actually needing to decide on a grand scale never comes...

Amen!
But hang one that says "I'm With Her->" underneath Old Glory, or run one that says "Hillary 2016" up your flagpole and you'll be THE Massachusetts Hero in your cul de sac!

Just sayin'
no the moonbats in my neighbor hood would probably demand I remove the US flag while flying anything HC......

come on guys Im bored.
LEO you guys owned the traditional thin blue line thing. I just found this "not right" . Fly old Glory high and proud as that's your sworn oath then fly your blue line flag where it belongs....smaller and lower

I have mentioned this before LEO has SWORN to protect, up hold and defend the constitution (which I see in the future being dropped) The rest of the CITIZENS are protected by it with out even needing anything more than citizenship.

Last edited:
There was a social media movement to put green lights on your front porch to show support for veterans of all branches.

And yes, members of the military are expected to follow lawful orders. Many people are getting into serious trouble these days for following unlawful orders. Abu Ghraib comes to mind. Yes I served, yes I know the culture, doesn't matter. Its your ass if you do unlawful actions.

In my opinion the flag should not be altered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Amen.

My gut tells me "they " will not decide in our favor. My heat pleads they will.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a social media movement to put green lights on your front porch to show support for veterans of all branches.

And yes, members of the military are expected to follow lawful orders. Many people are getting into serious trouble these days for following unlawful orders. Abu Ghraib comes to mind. Yes I served, yes I know the culture, doesn't matter. Its your ass if you do unlawful actions.

In my opinion the flag should not be altered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You also have actual rules pertaining to the flag as a active member of our armed services do you not.
As a private citizen we have only a etiquette to follow.

Back
Top Bottom