• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The story of two guns that killed police officers

The story of two guns that killed police officers

Monday, November 22, 2010

The compact stainless-steel .45-caliber pistol was forged in a factory in Brazil in the summer of 2006 - 4,700 miles and two years away from a fateful encounter on a narrow North Philadelphia street near Temple University.

The gun, a 10-shot Taurus Model PT 145 Millennium Pro, was shipped from Porto Alegre to Miami, and then to a wholesale firearms distributor in South Carolina before arriving at a pawnshop about 80 miles away in rural Lancaster. From there, the $250 firearm began a 680-day odyssey through at least four states, four owners and two crime scenes before ending up in the hands of a 27-year-old parolee who used it to kill police officer Patrick McDonald.

As part of an investigation of the deaths of 511 police officers killed by firearms since 2000, The Washington Post took an in-depth look at the circuitous paths taken by two guns.

READ MORE

NOT SURE WHERE PART ONE OF THIS SERIES WENT THAT WAS POSTED YESTERDAY?

They have completely focused on the weapon, but not the savagery of the suspects. I went to the McDonald funeral and the suspect's brother had made threats to come down and shoot up the receiving line for the wake. The focus here should be why felons were released early, only to subsequently kill police officers.

followed closely by the computers of the idiots that wrote, edited, approved of, and published that article...

Soon to be followed by the story of two baseball bats that killed people....

They started their lives as Ash trees in the state of Kentucky. When mature they were harvested and turned into bats in Loiusville. They were then sent to a sporting goods store in Manhattan, where they were purchased by.....

Stop the madness.

Will the WP be following up with a sob-story about automobiles and the people and families that owned them leading up to when the repeat drunk driver crashed and killed an innocent family on a Summer afternoon trip to an ice-cream shop?

It would make a dramatic, heart-wrenching story. Oh wait. We don't blame the car.

--jcr

I like how at the very top it reads "A Washington Post Investigation The Hidden Life Of Guns." I didnt know my gun might have a secret double life. Maybe it has a wife and a couple little .22's in another city that I dont even know about?! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom