• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The sportsman den Quincy ma

Just bought a Glock 22 and a Ruger 22/45. Prices seem fair owner is knowledgeable and friendly.
Nice to have a spot in Quincy.

Nice guy/shop. Wife and I walked in and were actually greeted. He left us alone to browse, but was available when we needed a question answered. Not the biggest shop or selection, but knows how to treat people.

Sportsmens Den, will have to check it out.

After checking on opinions about the Sportsmens Den, I'm going to pop in and check it out. Nice to have a shop close by and am hoping the business is reasonably priced. I usually go to Four Seasons but the drive can be a pain and the cost of gas makes up the difference, depending on what I'm there for. Did I read correctly, Sunday hours too?

I know the owner. He is a very good guy and fairly knowledgeable. His prices are good/very reasonable. I bought a PPS from him and it was only $5.00 more than Four Seasons. His ammo prices are good too. Basically, save your gas money and stop in to his place. If he does not have what you want in stock, I'm sure he can order it for you provided that his suppliers have it. He is also open on Sundays.

Last edited:
He also does one on one safety courses to get the certification you need to get your license. I like doing it that way, seems more personal. It's only $25 over most others, but I find it worth it to have the one on one. You get a nice NRA guidebook too.

When i get my license I think I'm going to buy a Beretta 92 from him. His prices are less than a lot of others. I think this could be the start of a great relationship.

I actually bought my m&p 9mm compact from him on monday, very nice guy. It was a decent price and he threw in a box of 9mm ammo with the gun.

Called today to check on 9mm and 40 ammo, 40SW @ $19 a box basspro has 40 for 16.99 a box and fourseason has it for $17 a box. I will say his 9mm is cheaper then fourseason and only a dollar more then basspro @ 12.99 which is good.

Last edited:
I also have 40 in reloads which is 15.99/box. ammo prices fluctuate depending on what brand we are able to get.

$2 per box more is a small price to pay for new local store. no mobs no lines, no 1/2 mile parking lot walk.
Great smaller shop, I've bought a couple of hand guns and a rifle here and couldn't be happier, very reasonable prices and none of the surliness or crowds of other local shops. Please help out a good guy in a tough state make his shop work. Give the Den a try, you'll like it.

I fought the city of quincy for 3 years to get the licensing for this shop, I've been in business 14 years in quincy and I intend to stay, I will listen to you guys and promise you I will give you the best service and the best price I possibly can, this isn't only about making a buck too me, it's the pricipal of keeping both our rights and love for the sport going. Anyone that knows me understands that what I say isn't BS, I don't care if I break even with the gun dept it's all about OUR second amendment rights, period... Ron

Ron,

Have you thought about settting up a facebook account for your shop? Also hows a website coming along so people can see what you have in stock before taking the drive to the shop?

Website

If you want some help, I can donate you some design time and webspace. You would still have to purchase your domain name though. PM me if interested.

Actually, I can also donate a domain for you as well. I have a few with my hosting package that I haven't used yet.

Last edited:
I do have a site, just started it, thesportsmansdenquincy.com, but I have no idea what I'm doing, I can repair guns, build custom bikes, work on just about anything, but when it comes to these damn computors I'm lost...I got no problem admitting that..

The website is looking good so far. People will like that you list prices & pictures of your inventory.

I stopped by in the morning and was impressed with the growing number of handguns.

On a side note, what kind of spaniel was in the shop? Your dog I assume?

Last edited:
Went over the same day I got my LTC and picked up a Beretta 92FS. GREAT service, quick and clean, went over everything. He was very helpful with a first time purchase and went over all the paper work and how to fill everything out properly. I'll tell ya, he was a little more expensive than going to FS, but the personal service (and location for me, since I live in Quincy) is well more than worth it.

Unless he doesn't have what I want or need, I see no reason to go anywhere else.

Last edited:
Went over the same day I got my LTC and picked up a Beretta 92FS. GREAT service, quick and clean, went over everything. He was very helpful with a first time purchase and went over all the paper work and how to fill everything out properly. I'll tell ya, he was a little more expensive than going to FS, but the personal service (and location for me, since I live in Quincy) is well more than worth it.

Unless he doesn't have what I want or need, I see no reason to go anywhere else.

Yeah Ron is a very good guy, good personality and treats each customer with repect. Which is how it should be done, I think you will see him doing the kind of sales Four season does once more people hear about his shop and go there. I was talking to a guy that was big into shooting and hunting last night that never knew that Ron had his FFL and sold.

So I made it a point to tell him he needs to stop in and check the place out. I will say I hope Ron does less with fishing and opens up more room in the place for firearms for sure don't do away with all the fishing but carry more cleaning kits and holsters and things like that. I can understand him sticking with just firearms and ammo right now till more people hear about him.

Bought a used hi-power from this shop saturday. As others have said Ron is a great guy to deal with. I definetely recomend checking them out. Glad to have a good local shop now.

He even has layaway.

I was over at BR&P for the Pistol Team match. I shot a 234 first time with someone else .22. So, I decided to go take a look at what he had. Well, just so happens he had a beautiful Browning Buckmark with a red dot and 4 mags, for an unbelievable price for a pistol that's pre ban only and not available new in MA. I loved it but couldn't cough up the cash right now. That's when he told me about his layaway. A little down and pay what you can when you can and it's all set. He has given me the ability to grab a great deal that will allow me to really get into the matches in no time.

Thanks Ron!!

I stopped in to see Ron and found he just got some used Sig P226's in 9mm. They are police trade in's and definately looked used but come with two pre-ban high cap magazines. He's plans to offer that at a very attractive price so they are worth a look. They will go quick. I would have bougth one then and there but I already have two 9mm.

Sportman's Den

The Sportsman's Den in Quincy has had firearms for a few months now! There's not a ton of stock, but they seem to carry the most popular handguns, a few rifles & shotguns. They have a decent stock of ammo at fair prices plus some shooting accessories. It's definitely worth a trip and he'll order just about anything you want to buy, as long as it's MA compliant! (Of course!)[hmmm]
SOotake a trip & I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised. They still carry great fishing gear as always!

J.D.
Quincy, MA

One reason that there is not a lot in stock is that he sell out fast being the only shop in the area with reasonable pricing. He also gets a lot people that want to trade or sell there guns through him as well. He's taken in some very nice pieces doing this as well. He has very reasonable fees for this type of business. He's definately worth a stop in to visit.

I'm a little late to the party, and just learned of this shop, but definitely plan a visit.

It'll be great to have another competitive alternative on the south shore.

I was just there this past weekend and it looked like he had a decent number of guns and a good amount of ammo in stock. I didn't get too far into the case, but prices seemed on par with everywhere else.

Oh, and he has a very friendly dog hanging around the shop, which is always a plus in my book.

http://thesportsmansdenquincy.com/

Ron is a great guy. i have been buying fishing gear from him for years. Now that he sells firearms it is a one stop shop. he has sold 3 firearms for me in the last month. he handles all my FFL business. Great guy, great shop and great prices. Most reasonable shop on the south shore.

The Sportman Den's Lay-A-Away Program

I don't think that anyone has mentioned Ron's lay-a-away program. You can put money down on a firearm that you want to buy and for it over a few months. Once you have fully paid for the firearm, you can take possesion after the usual paperwork and government approvals. This is a great program that other shops do not offer. If there is a firearm you want but can not pay for all at once, then this is a great option for you.

Back
Top Bottom