The sportsman den Quincy ma

where are they located in quincy?
do you have an address

thx
garyz

They're next to the AAMCO on the Southern Artery. Just up the street from Quirk Ford and the Stop & Shop. Are they selling guns now? I've been there in the past for fishing supplies (baits etc.), are they selling guns now also?

The Sportsman's Den
666 Southern Artery
Quincy, MA 02169
(617) 770-3884

Last edited:
They're next to the AAMCO on the Southren Artery. Just up the street from Quirk Ford and the Stop & Shop. Are they selling guns now? I've been there in the past for fishing supplies (baits etc.), are they selling guns now also?

The Sportsman's Den
666 Southern Artery
Quincy, MA 02169
(617) 770-3884

They are not selling till around the end of march. I called 2 weeks ago and was told 3-6 weeks they should be open to sell firearms.

They are open. Slim pickin's. Spoke with the owner who is a really nice guy and he said everything is on back order. The shelves have a few shotguns some ammo and the case had five maybe six used handguns.
The owner said he was even having a hard time getting ruger mark 2's and 3's because they were backordered. Its a good time to go in and show support for a new shop. Maybe let him know what you are interested in so he can add to his orders.

Been trying to get over to him. so busy[smile][crying][rolleyes] I cant even get over to the local guys from me. Im a FFL slut committed to only the one who has what I need when I want it.

Yeah slim pickings on guns. And really tight area to look at them. You would be lucky to get 3 people in front of the case. I hope when he makes some sales he will lose some of the fishing gear and open up the area!

Stopped by today, owner is a really nice guy and had pretty much all kinds of ammo at decent prices and had 50 long guns and probably 20 handguns. It will probably take him a while to get his name out there but looks like it will be a really nice place with very helpful and friendly owner.

Stopped by today, owner is a really nice guy and had pretty much all kinds of ammo at decent prices and had 50 long guns and probably 20 handguns. It will probably take him a while to get his name out there but looks like it will be a really nice place with very helpful and friendly owner.

Did you notice if he had any 5.56 or 7.62 at decent prices? I've been meaning to stop in.

Like others have said before, owner is really nice guy. I dropped by after picking up my LTC last week. I'm completely new to shooting. He was very helpful in answering all my newbie questions and took his time explaining different things to me.

He recommended for me to start with a .22 handgun but unfortunately he did not have any in stock. Did not try to pressure me into anything he had on hand. He suggested for me to look online and I could send to his store if I found something for a small fee.

I will definitely be back to give him business and show my support.

Yeah he needs to join this site. And get a website up and running for his shop would help with getting his name out there.

Checked out the store today. His inventory as grown since I stopped in a couple of months ago. He is limited on ammo but has some .223 coming soon. I saw some nice firearms. Has a SIG-556, Bushmaster M4(AR15), Colt AR15 H-Bar Comp, M&P 9mm sub-compact, Berretta 92FS, Various SIGs, and Various Glocks. I can remember all the handguns that but it would be worth stopping by for a visit. I notice he has some pre-ban mags as well. The store is definately coming along. He is a very nice guy to chat with and is helpful.

Checked out the store today. His inventory as grown since I stopped in a couple of months ago. He is limited on ammo but has some .223 coming soon. I saw some nice firearms. Has a SIG-556, Bushmaster M4(AR15), Colt AR15 H-Bar Comp, M&P 9mm sub-compact, Berretta 92FS, Various SIGs, and Various Glocks. I can remember all the handguns that but it would be worth stopping by for a visit. I notice he has some pre-ban mags as well. The store is definately coming along. He is a very nice guy to chat with and is helpful.

Thanks for the report. That's great to hear. I'm going to try to swing buy on Thursday.

Stopped today to get my fishing license. Found out that he has .223 in stock now. He also will sell more that one or two boxes at a time. He recently sold a guy 15 boxes of .40 call ammo. If you're looking for hand gun ammo, call before you decide to go over. He also has a new riffle; a ruger mini-14.

Stopped in today, He had a 9mm, 223 and some other ammo. Nice selection of Rifles and shotguns. He had two really nice 30-06 Winchester 70's with Leopold Scopes. Ruger's, AR 15'S and some nice handguns.

The owner is a real nice guy and you have to wish him luck, it's a real tough time to be starting a new gun store with all the shortages going on.

He did have a 3rd gen G19 I think he was asking $800 if I recall. Cost is like everyone else had some nice rifles which didn't really look at the price. But very limited space I hope once he gets on his feet he makes more room for the firearms and goods.

And maybe put on a 2nd person seeing when he gets someone in there for fishing stuff it is going to be hard to do paper work and call in your background check all at the same time.

Last edited:
I swung in today to pick up some ammo (he has some 9mm and some .233, no .45). The owner seemed like a very nice guy. Helpful, friendly etc.

Pistols/rifle rices where a bit high compared to Four Seasons (my regular shop), but pretty much in line with most places on the SS. He had a gen 2 G30 for $800 (with 3 mags), a FS HK USP 9mm for $1,100, and a M&P .40 for $600. There was a new Bushie M4 type AR for $1,100 and a sig 556 for $1,800.

VERY nice to see a shop in Quincy, certainly worth supporting the guy (at least for ammo).

Thanks for coming by the shop guys, a lot of the firearms I have are on consignment and the customer sets the price. I try to get the customer to be in line with most, but sometimes it's hard, I really appreciate the feedback and any advice is always welcome, Ron....by the way I sell the M&P compact 9 for $595....

Thanks for coming by the shop guys, a lot of the firearms I have are on consignment and the customer sets the price. I try to get the customer to be in line with most, but sometimes it's hard, I really appreciate the feedback and any advice is always welcome, Ron....by the way I sell the M&P compact 9 for $595....

Yeah it was s full size M&P but I am sure it was a consignment gun. Good to know you have the compact at that price! Not bad for a new dealer, I am sure once you sell more you can get even a better price on stuff. Do you plan on having a dealer page on the forum to update on sales and stuff when you have them? Also you working on a website for hours and inventory on hand? Thanks and welcome Ron!

I do plan on putting together a dealer page, I also want you guys to know that if you see a better price elsewhere and I can match it or beat it I will, I'm flexible. I'm a shooter myself and look for the best deal I can get.

Took my wife in. The Owner was friendly made her feel comfortable when handleing the guns. She ended up walking out with the M&P compact 9mm she loves it. Her experiance was so go I can see her going in by herself now.

I just bought a Walther P22 from The Sportsman Den today (actually like an hour ago).

The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. He has a decent long gun selection and some nice handguns. He also has alot of fishing stuff.

The best part is that he was almost 100 dollars cheaper the Hunters Trading Post. It's nice not to have to drive an hour just to get decent service at an affordable price.

Checked the store out today. The selection wasn't bad at all, and judging by earlier posts in this thread, I can safely say he's expanded a bit. There were two pistol display counters, and prices were definitely reasonable. Ammo prices were also very fair, so I picked up a couple boxes. The owner also seemed very friendly and helpful, always a plus. I saw some revolvers I liked, so I'll probably stop back in there when I have more cash.

All in all, it seems like a great a store, and I'd definitely like to help support it. Looking forward to the return trip.

I finally made it in there today. The owner is a real nice guy, prices are more than competitive, and it is easy to get to. This place is a winner and will only get busier when more people find out about it. Plus, had some real sweet reel set ups if you fish...one stop shopping!

I just bought a Glock 27 here. The prices are very good, and his selection is great, too. He definitely knows his stuff, and is wicked friendly to boot.

Nice little shop

Have bought ammo, CLP and a Glock 23 a couple of weeks ago. Nice people & know their stuff. Competitive prices with a decent selection. This owner went through hell and high water to open his business and truly deserves some support. He stocks cleaning supplies and is a bait and tackle shop too, so drop in and visit.

Back
Top Bottom