• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Smell of Cleaning supplies...

You know, per my other thread. It got me wondering. I wonder if it's me? Or if other people love that smell.

Maybe it's because it remindes me of when I was a young kid. My grandfather would make me clean the .22 he got for me every time that we brought it in from plinking in the back yard.

But I love that smell of an open bottle of Hoppe's #9 and CLP.

I know that I can't be the only one.

I've been using MPro7 the past couple of years. It does an absolutely great job, but does have one serious downside (from my point of view, though not from my wife's) --- it's completely oderless. I've still got an old bottle of Hoppe's that I leave open when I'm cleaning the guns in order to remind me what I'm doing.

Hoppe's #9 - The real man's cologne

Ken

I was cleaning a rifle using Sweet's the other night. I can't really say as I enjoy the smell of it. Hoppe's on the other hand.... :D

KMaurer said:
Hoppe's #9 - The real man's cologne

Ken

And the smell of it drives women....well, SOME women, wild! :D I'd rather smell Hoppe's than chocolate. (I told you I was a liberal's worst nightmare. :D )

Lynne said:
And the smell of it drives women....well, SOME women, wild! :D I'd rather smell Hoppe's than chocolate. (I told you I was a liberal's worst nightmare. :D )

It drives some women wild, alright... sends my wife straight up a wall and had her asking me if it was time to install a chemical hood in the basement (SWMBO is a MechE with a speciality in materials science).

I've tried MPro7, and that, combined with a boresnake, really cleans the Paras well. But I like to use some Gunscrubber to get in around the hammer assembly as well, and that has the typical Freon smell. Oh well, can't have everything.

Ross

Lynne, maybe the next time you attend the GOAL banquet Ken and I should each dab on some #9, sit beside you (we'll have to kick Ed to the other side of the table) and watch you go nuts all evening? [mrgreen]

LenS said:
Lynne, maybe the next time you attend the GOAL banquet Ken and I should each dab on some #9, sit beside you (we'll have to kick Ed to the other side of the table) and watch you go nuts all evening? [mrgreen]

Why do you think I'm so crazy about Ed? [lol]

Back
Top Bottom