• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Skorpion Build

**** yeah. i want to see this. i'd considered it when i was trapped behind enemy lines in MA but i am a shitty welder so a re-welded receiver was OUT. [laugh]

First, introductory remarks.

The receiver that I'm using was 3D printed off a design that I found online, so it has numerous changes compared to the original Skorpion receiver. For example, there is no hole for the FA sear, so it's impossible to convert it to FA even with FA trigger group parts.

Other issues were with clearances. MadRussian kindly helped me out during the initial assembly at the AK build party, however since then I've had a chance to compare the receiver to pictures of the originals and there are several other key differences - there is no internal channel that the trigger group is supposed to slide into as a unit and snap into place and there also is no retaining tab cutout used to hold the hammer axis in place. As a result, the trigger group has to be held in differently than in the original Skorpion and I have to come up with a different way to hold the hammer axis pin in place.

That's all in addition to the general cutting and hacking that needed to be done. I bought circlips at NAPA to hold in the trigger group pin, so now the trigger group is going to be much simpler than in the original.

Cyka blyeat

Belay that last post. I found out the right way to crimp stuff - you have to insert the end of the leaf spring into the catch release. My phone is out of batteries, gotta charge for pictures.

a build thread with no steps and no pics is not a build thread. [sad2]
1ItM2IL.gif

I have one I built - -its a fairly easy build. Finding a receiver is a biatch. The one you had printed is *very* cool.

I didn't have a press to press in the barrel, but it turns out you can essentially slap the bolt against the barrel and it'll bump it in place.

I lucked out and found one about a year ago and got a kit in good shape.

0 (1).jpg 0.jpg

Anyway, great build man -- and looks good. There are a ton of good parts available:
https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-scorpion-parts-?l=1
and
http://www.clearviewinvest.com/vz61.aspx

Back
Top Bottom