• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Secret Lives of Crime Guns

MaverickNH

NES Member

Doctor Cassandra Crifasi with Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health says|: Guns are not falling from the sky. They're not growing on trees.They start in a lawful sale at some point... According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, by mid-September more than 4,110 crime guns had been recovered in Baltimore City.

The average age of a crime gun in maryland is 11 years; it's three years longer than the national average... In August 2018, Bryan McKemy was fatally shot while doing construction work on a house in the 4500 block of Woodlea Avenue... even though police have yet to make an arrest in that case, they did recover the gun. It had been used in three homicides and six non-fatal shootings.

Elsewhere in the news: 2,000+ inmates released from MD jails within 5 weeks

The average age of a crime gun in maryland is 11 years; it's three years longer than the national average..
Which make & model? I like the durability factor....

Oh, and for some reason I read the article with a posh British accent...
1605273121008.png

african ghetto crack houses will be the gun shops of the future. under joe and kamala, minority businesses will flourish.

Group buy for the 4110 recovered? Jack.

Those go missing from the Evidence Room - you just have to know the right people 😉

The LEO interviewed in the article says the recovered guns are “older” in Baltimore as MD has stricter laws and criminals don’t discard them as frequently as in states with lax gun laws. Great hypothesis but unsupported by data, looking at states with the closest populations to Maryland’s population.

2018 FBI Crime Guns Recovered
Indiana 8493
Missouri 8493
MD 11096
WI 4965
CO 5414

As FBI says, the numbers do not reflect trends, but they sure do not support the idea that criminals hang onto their guns as Maryland’s gun laws make them harder to get.

Guns as public health crisis is such a load of disingenuous crap. How about cars? Motorcycles? Full time jobs? Liberals have no ethics or morals when their agenda is at stake.

Secret Lives of Crime Guns sounds like a show that would come on after Red Shoe Diaries on Showtime. Maybe see a single nipple (on a muzzle-loader, of course) while enduring an hour of bad acting and even worse script. The entire thing shot with the camera lens slightly fogged up.

The same Johns Hopkins author elsewhere states: "From 2003 to 2018, 28.4% of Maryland gun suicides used long guns. The proportion of long guns used was highest in the most rural counties, where 51.6% of firearm suicides were by long gun, compared to 16.8% in the most urban counties."

So yes, they are coming after your grandfather's hunting shotgun.

"Doctor Cassandra Crifasi with Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health says|: Guns are not falling from the sky. They're not growing on trees.They start in a lawful sale at some point... "

Not the ones that start off as straw purchases. It could be argued that while one person might be legal to buy in a straw purchase, the act of buying for someone else automatically makes that unlawful from the start.

Wait'll they realize that the same folk behind the "Ghost gunner" milling machine have come up with ways to make barrels and all the other parts, and are fast on their way to being able to produce "ghost ammo" to feed it!

Doctor Cassandra Crifasi needs to learn that a culture of failure is flourishing in Baltimore and THAT is the driving factor of violence there. And that throwing .Gov cash at it doesn't work at all. Societal change has to happen there. Until then, NOTHING will change. Nothing.
Of course, she already knows this, but it doesn't fit the narrative-gotta keep the Fed grant money and Bloomberg money flowing in! And the truth can be ugly and non PC at times, you don't want the fellow travelers and cocktail circuit crowd to get uncomfortable with the simple truth. After all, her well protected home in the 'burbs isn't affected by any of the urban violence-just yet.
It's sad, Baltimore used to be a great place for a fun time.

From what I have read, it’s common in the ghetto for someone to be in the gun rental business. You pay a fee and leave a deposit and then go whack someone. Return it, collect your collateral and that’s it.

safer for the criminal because he doesn’t have a gun laying around to get pinched with and cheaper than buying one.

The 11 year "average age" of a crime gun sort of blows up the whole "Dindoo just ran across the border and came back with his straw-purchased a Glock in PA or VA" narrative. Those guns have been in circulation in MD for a long-ass time.
Really getting tired of liberals and cops focusing on inanimate objects like guns, knives, etc. Maryland State Prison has a gas chamber. Hasn't been used in a long time. Conservative Republicans should change that. Take "Dindu" and the rest of the darkie bastards (so-called "minorities" who commit the vast majority of gun crimes and endanger our 2A rights) into that gas chamber, cheek to jowl, lock the door and pour in a few canisters of Zyklon B. End of problem. Permanently!

From what I have read, it’s common in the ghetto for someone to be in the gun rental business. You pay a fee and leave a deposit and then go whack someone. Return it, collect your collateral and that’s it.

safer for the criminal because he doesn’t have a gun laying around to get pinched with and cheaper than buying one.
I have X number of guns, and if I rent each for $Y/month, I could generate $Z amount of cash flow...

Brilliant! I can retire rich now!

Really getting tired of liberals and cops focusing on inanimate objects like guns, knives, etc. Maryland State Prison has a gas chamber. Hasn't been used in a long time. Conservative Republicans should change that. Take "Dindu" and the rest of the darkie bastards (so-called "minorities" who commit the vast majority of gun crimes and endanger our 2A rights) into that gas chamber, cheek to jowl, lock the door and pour in a few canisters of Zyklon B. End of problem. Permanently!
36a.jpg

The 11 year "average age" of a crime gun sort of blows up the whole "Dindoo just ran across the border and came back with his straw-purchased a Glock in PA or VA" narrative. Those guns have been in circulation in MD for a long-ass time.
I don’t know... 11 years feels pretty young to me... I have guns that are over 100 years old and working fine... most of mine are over 20... a bunch over 70... just two less then a year old...

“ The restrictive and subjective laws that govern the bearing of arms in Maryland and coming under new legal scrutiny thanks to federal litigation filed on Friday by a coalition of Second Amendment groups challenging the policies as infringements on our constitutional rights... It’s a constitutional absurdity that in Baltimore, where criminals carry with impunity and the number of homicides has been at or near record highs for the past six years, the average resident cannot obtain a concealed carry license in order to lawfully protect themselves with a firearm outside of their own home. ”

Back
Top Bottom