The Second Amendment doesn’t say that gun ownership has to be free of charge

"It’s just a fact of life that handguns are now permanent legal fixtures in the American landscape. We have to live with that.

But the freedom to own a firearm doesn’t mean it has to be free of charge. It doesn’t mean that owners can’t be a tiny bit inconvenienced."

Let's change a few words and watch the liberals freak out.

It’s just a fact of life that abortions are now permanent legal fixtures in the American landscape. We have to live with that.

But the freedom to have an abortion doesn’t mean it has to be free of charge. It doesn’t mean that women can’t be a tiny bit inconvenienced.

The Second Amendment doesn't say that gun ownership has to be free of charge

Screw this lady! I hope when the Chicago police pull her over and search her car they charge her for it! If the 2A has fees so should the 4th right????...Maybe she should of paid a fee for her 1A rights because there should be a fee to write a column. I’m gonna stop here so I don’t go on a super rant, lol!

"They are perfectly satisfied allowing taxpayers who would never own a gun to supplement the administrative costs for their freedom."

What in the ever living f***? Yeah you c***......the welfare twatwaffles are perfectly satisfied allowing taxpayers who would never go on welfare supplementing......their entire lazy ass existence either. And there is no constitutional recognition of the right to welfare.

f*** this commie hag

Also noteworthy is that she's from chigago..
..and references the shooting in Aurora Colorado in the article. Way to ignore your own Democrat waste shit hole of a city and bring up one event that saw fewer people murdered in one incident than your city sees in one night.

Anything you want to do to the second amendment, fine... it also applies to voting.

"It’s just a fact of life that voting is now a permanent legal fixture in the American landscape. We have to live with that.
But the freedom to vote doesn’t mean it has to be free of charge. It doesn’t mean that voters can’t be a tiny bit inconvenienced."

Anything you want to do to the second amendment, fine... it also applies to voting.

"It’s just a fact of life that voting is now a permanent legal fixture in the American landscape. We have to live with that.
But the freedom to vote doesn’t mean it has to be free of charge. It doesn’t mean that voters can’t be a tiny bit inconvenienced."
I agree with you. There used to be a "poll tax" in order to vote. USSC ruled it unconstitutional very many years ago. The irony is that the courts see no problem with obscene (NYC, MA, etc.) costs to have the right to the 2nd Amendment however!

The abject stupidity of the argument would be hilarious if it wasn't being eagerly promoted by a "mainstream" newspaper and likely supported by a significant percentage of the population.

Let's change a few words and watch the liberals freak out.

It’s just a fact of life that abortions are now permanent legal fixtures in the American landscape. We have to live with that.

But the freedom to have an abortion doesn’t mean it has to be free of charge. It doesn’t mean that women can’t be a tiny bit inconvenienced.

Or change to church/religion

Hey lady - open your mouth again and we're charging you for it.

"Dahleen." I knew a girl growing up with that name. Of course she was in Massachusetts and it was spelled DARLENE.

Screw this lady! I hope when the Chicago police pull her over and search her car they charge her for it! If the 2A has fees so should the 4th right????...Maybe she should of paid a fee for her 1A rights because there should be a fee to write a column. I’m gonna stop here so I don’t go on a super rant, lol!
The woman is an idiot. How about $5,000 to plead the 5th.

Last edited:
I scrolled down through five minutes of advertisements on the Tribune page just to read the comments.

I couldn't find the comments. Huh. Maybe they're afraid someone might disagree with her.

Honestly if you think about it . The only time any US Constitutional Right is Free is the day you are born.
On that day other than taking your first breath just being born a US citizen your granted these rights... all the days after you/me/them/us are paying one way or another

Imagine now “they set up inconvenience fee” for voting.

Actually California charges sales tax on newspapers.

Some places tax food for home consumption.

There are constitutional limits to taxes on newspapers. See Minneapolis Star Tribune v. Commissioner. The short version is that Minnesota imposed a special use tax on publishers that used more than $100,000 worth of ink and paper in a year. After paying the tax, the Star Tribune sued alleging that the tax violated their freedom of the press. The court agreed with the Star Tribune and found the special tax to be unconstitutional.

Back
Top Bottom