• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Second Amendment as an Individual Right

"Since San Bernardino, Sandy Hook, Columbine et al., the “progressives,” the media and their acolytes have beaten their chests calling for even stricter gun restrictions, although the most restrictive states and cities that have the highest crime. They insist that the Second Amendment does not apply to individuals, but only to the National Guard, even though the modern Guard did not come into existence until the Dick Act of 1903. To them, the Supreme Court decisions in Heller v. District of Columbia and McDonald v. Chicago affirming an individual right are mistaken, a conclusion reachable only by abjuring grammar and history."
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/14/second-amendment-as-an-individual-right/

"the rights of the people"

interpreted by these people:

Last edited by a moderator:
The left-Wing Statists don't believe the State would ever harm the People (or at least the People who support the left-wing State).

This is an absolutely fundamental disagreement, ironically only finally solved by State Oppression of the People (disarmament), or a Revolution against the State by the People.

Like the years between the Missouri Compromise and the Emancipation Proclamation, it is inevitable that a reckoning will occur between those who advocate Individual Rights and those who advocate the State's ability to Oppress them (perhaps supported by the Tyranny of the Majority).

This right was defined by a group of revolutionaries that just fought a hard won and bloody victory against a tyrannical and oppressive government. There is absolutely no doubt they intended that the 2nd amendment would aloud the people the right to defend their life, liberty, and property against anyone attempting to deprived them of their fundamental rights. This most certainly includes the US government and it's military and law enforcement.
By extension, the people should not be deprived of the very same weapons given to the military and law enforcement.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that if or when the left regains power, it will stop at nothing to disarm us. At that time we will see if the 2nd Amd does work.

I wholeheartedly agree with GoodWillHunting!

This country was founded on the principal that the people have absolute control over the government and that said government serve the people!

The means to revolt against or expel those in our government was always the intent of the second amendment!

Why would they have fought the British only to have the same things happen again to the new country that they bled and died for?

The second amendment is the last stand safeguard that protects life, liberty and equality for all Americans![iwojima]

Last edited:
"the rights of the people"

interpreted by these people:

Gosh he looks scared, guilty and unPresidential in that video. :(

The left-Wing Statists don't believe the State would ever harm the People (or at least the People who support the left-wing State).

This is an absolutely fundamental disagreement, ironically only finally solved by State Oppression of the People (disarmament), or a Revolution against the State by the People.

Like the years between the Missouri Compromise and the Emancipation Proclamation, it is inevitable that a reckoning will occur between those who advocate Individual Rights and those who advocate the State's ability to Oppress them (perhaps supported by the Tyranny of the Majority).

Oh how true. And how deep their belief goes.

Daughter #1 had to write a paper for some philosophy of $ class about Marx, planned economies and capitalist societies. She sought my advice as she had no frame of reference. She was born in 97 - far after the Cold War.

We talked of bread lines and the run on oil in the Summer of 2008. We talked of Marx's naive notion that the organization in charge of the Planned Economy (whether the government or some FORM of quasi-government) was always altruistic and how, in practice, that system failed miserably. (Aside - I was watching The Americans last night - the KGB guy is working on the very inefficiencies I discussed that afternoon. Politicos using their ability to get food as leverage and "storekeepers" who use their sales of food to fund it.)

Funny is that my household looks like the dad and youngest daughter in Last Man Standing whenever politics are discussed. I don't need to even raise my voice. Both my girls are front and center calling BS on liberal policies. [rofl] My sister got a taste of it Saturday night. I didn't lift a finger. It was almost embarrassing. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter got to see this first hand last week when it was bonus time for me at work. She asked me how much my bonus was so I told her. Then she says to me, well how come you only got half of it? I said the other half was tax. She looks at me says "Jesus, that's not fair". I said tell me about it. Why do you think I am constantly complaining about paying taxes...

The second amendment is the last stand safeguard that protects life, liberty and equality for all Americans![iwojima]

Absolutely. It's the final check and balance.
The people that argue that modern firearms do not apply since they had not been invented or that the founders could not conceive of their capability is also a pile of crap.
The revolutionary army basically established guerilla warfare as the new standard. I think it's a safe assumption that they would have used any and every weapon available to them to fight for their liberty.

"Is your argument that the founders felt the need to enumerate that the military could have guns?"

(What I ask of people who argue against tha 2A being an individual right.)

Back
Top Bottom