• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The search is over (for now)

eboos

NES Member
After a long period of consideration, I traded in my old carry gun for something new. I bought my Gen 2.5 G27 back in the mid 1990s. For some reason it made sense at the time. To be honest though, I never really liked it. I didn’t like the 3 finger grip, and even with a +1 mag I never felt like I could get a proper grip on the draw. Also, the mag release was impossible to actuate without altering my grip and even still it was quite difficult. Furthermore, I have come to accept the fact that I am not 21 anymore and my vision is not what it was.

I considered a few guns but mostly set on a G19 MOS or a Sig P320 XC Romeo1 Pro. Optics ready was a must since I have difficulty focusing on the front sight. Been looking around and neither were available locally. A shop did have a regular G19 and a G17 MOS. I compared the two and I decided that the increased size would not be problematic, and in fact be advantageous. I chose the G17 and added a Holosun SCS. Looking forward to putting a ess load of rounds through it.

Sub compact guns never felt good to me. No matter how many Ive tried, always go back to the 17, 22, or 19 or 32. Now I take the 17 90% of the time even in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom