• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The School Shootings That Weren't

View: https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

vmEy895spghLCQNd2CEhdYcRzkob-iF7lFyg6-tlwZk.jpg

First the ACLU. Now NPR. Maybe being a freedom lover is becoming vogue. We might have to start sculpting our beards and wearing funky glasses and jodhpurs and such. I think I'm OK with that if we get what we want. I can't grow a beard anyhow. LOL

They are just playing a numbers game. The important wording is “school-related” shootings. Not school shootings. It is a great way to puff the numbers as there are way more school-related shootings than school shootings.

When I was in the school business we had to report crime that occurred in a 10 mile radius of the school to the feds for school crime stats. I’m guessing that’s where these numbers come from but I have been out of that for a long time.

Bob

They are just playing a numbers game. The important wording is “school-related” shootings. Not school shootings. It is a great way to puff the numbers as there are way more school-related shootings than school shootings.

It’s actually not even that. They were reporting stuff that not only didn’t even involve any shooting in the first place, but often didn’t even involve a firearm. They were straight up bogus or erroneous reports.

Back
Top Bottom