THE REVOLUTION OF 1994

Everyone, well patriots at least, within the gun owning community seems to agree that a federal ban of x,y,z is the proverbial line in the sand when it means that "come and take it" is to be practiced.

Why then was there not a revolution in 1994 when the Federal government did what they did?

Would anything different happen now?

I sadly doubt it...maybe you have a few lone incidents of resistance, otherwise it's the poor sap with a tail light out and a bumpstock in the back seat that goes to jail for 19 years and no one bats an eyelash to save him...

So really unless the political realm is constantly in our favor, what happens when the feds ultimately ban semi auto rifles, magazines of X number of rounds, and enact universal registration--ehem background checks...?*

*No tinfoil was harmed in the production of this post

i'm with ya buddy. start diggin' that trench, i'll limp in about dawn. password is "reynolds", counter is "wrap."

Everyone, well patriots at least, within the gun owning community seems to agree that a federal ban of x,y,z is the proverbial line in the sand when it means that "come and take it" is to be practiced.

Why then was there not a revolution in 1994 when the Federal government did what they did?

I sadly doubt it...maybe you have a few lone incidents of resistance, otherwise it's the poor sap with a tail light out and a bumpstock in the back seat that goes to jail for 19 years and no one bats an eyelash to save him...

So really unless the political realm is constantly in our favor, what happens when the feds ultimately ban semi auto rifles, magazines of X number of rounds, and enact universal registration--ehem background checks...?*

Dems were in control 100% in 94. up until then, no real ban had ever been passed on regular semi autos. as it was, the ban was on import. They still got around the law and in effect it really did not do too much other than piss people off a little. Thumbhole stocked AKs still functioned the same... ARs were without flash hiders and bayo lugs but other than that not much was different. there were still a ton of pre ban receivers out there so again was not really that big of a deal. People stocked up on cheap ammo...

Plus, guns were not a part of the conservative voice discussion back then. I remember listening to Rush, Howie, etc..., and it just wasn't an issue that was important to them. And they weren't upset about it passing, either.

Fast forward twenty years, and they realized that without the 2nd, the rest are useless. Plus, they realized that guns are AWESOME!!!!!

It should have happened back then, but really, guns were nowhere on the radar screen of the mass of right wing voters in this country. NOW they are, and thank GOD for that!!!!!!!

Marxachusetts and Kali, at least in the major metros.

The 1994 "assault weapons ban" cost the democrats the House of Representatives which they had controlled from 1955-1995. MA even elected two Republican. That's how you do it peacefully.

The 1994 "assault weapons ban" cost the democrats the House of Representatives which they had controlled from 1955-1995. MA even elected two Republican. That's how you do it peacefully.

Who gets booted out if the turncoat Republicans and a whole lotta D's get it passed, and signed by Trump?

in 1994 most people simply didn't care. the 2A community wasn't paying much attention. they were disorganized. even worse than today. the representatives and senators who think they will pass gun laws without it affecting their re-election changes are sorely mistaken.

We also have this thing called the interwebz now so we're all a lot more informed and it's possible to jump online and read a thousand angry posts and feel like you could actually fight back in an organized, large scale way. Whether it's attending peaceful protest gatherings, quietly stocking up on guns, parts and ammo or burning $hit down like it's 1968 again. I feel like there's a massive civil militia out there just waiting to charge into the streets and all it would take is a good enough reason.
In the "old days" before internet it was probably just three buddies at the range bitching about the gubmint and feeling helpless.

Last edited:
We also have this thing called the interwebz now so we're all a lot more informed and it's possible to jump online and read a thousand angry posts and feel like you could actually fight back in an organized, large scale way. Whether it's attending peaceful protest gatherings, quietly stocking up on guns, parts and ammo or burning $hit down like it's 1968 again. I feel like there's a massive civil militia out there just waiting to charge into the streets and all it would take is a good enough reason.
In the "old days" before internet it was probably just three buddies at the range bitching about the gubmint and feeling helpless.

All true, especially the last sentence. Plus in '94 I was a Fudd. No longer. I wonder how many others have woken up in the last 23 years?

Would you convict a gun criminal? Would you convict someone for having their tail light out?

No right answer. Just asking.

All true, especially the last sentence. Plus in '94 I was a Fudd. No longer. I wonder how many others have woken up in the last 23 years?

+1. In '94 I was like "who needs an AR-15?" Now I think we need full auto to defend against tyranny. The government and the left (which are now the same entity) have gotten worse too.

On my 18th birthday in 94 i went down to the cheif and go my fid card. Good for life he said.

Ya, how'd that work out? It was good until the state and municipal governments figured out that they could trample rights even further
and charge renewal fees with impunity.

- - - Updated - - -

+1. In '94 I was like "who needs an AR-15?" Now I think we need full auto to defend against tyranny. The government and the left (which are now the same entity) have gotten worse too.

Everyone's epiphany comes in due time.[wink]

I wasn't a FUDD, but the '94 AWB got me off my butt and started me buying. Of course, I was an "empty nester" shortly after.

I can tell you I bought my first rifle on Dec 15, 1968. I was 14. GCA '68 went into effect the next day.

I was 22 in 1994 and knew nothing about guns. My only experience with them was getting shot in the ankle by a retard.

I actually thought that they were just banning machine guns because all I had as a source of information was the media.

Back
Top Bottom