• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The reality of gun control in America...

Take a quick look at the age group that like starting fights in bars because "he was looking at my girl friend" or "he kept giving me dirty looks" whatever the reason, these 21-25 year olds that do this are very immature and show very little restraint and discipline. I don't see 40-50 year olds starting fights, I'm sure they do but the % is far less than younger guys having testosterone challenges. Now look at Aurora, Virginia Tech and Columbine, all aged 24 and under.

True, not all kids this age are idiots, but the larger % of trouble makers fall into that age group, let's not even discuss how twisted some teens are these days. Maybe I made a point, and maybe I didn't, but you can't argue with the stats.

Take a quick look at the age group that like starting fights in bars because "he was looking at my girl friend" or "he kept giving me dirty looks" whatever the reason, these 21-25 year olds that do this are very immature and show very little restraint and discipline. I don't see 40-50 year olds starting fights, I'm sure they do but the % is far less than younger guys having testosterone challenges. Now look at Aurora, Virginia Tech and Columbine, all aged 24 and under.

True, not all kids this age are idiots, but the larger % of trouble makers fall into that age group, let's not even discuss how twisted some teens are these days. Maybe I made a point, and maybe I didn't, but you can't argue with the stats.

Went to Boston Friday night. Went up to the bar, and asked bartender if these two stools were taken. She said she thought so, oh here comes the guy now. So I ask him "Are you sitting here?" He just glares up at me half-assedly. I ask him again, a lot louder (figured he didn't hear me) "Is this your seat, are you sitting here? Are you all done?". He says, "Does it look like I'm sitting here?" and gave me a really creepy dirty look. I just walk away, and tell the doorman (it is only around 4:30) that that guy over there looks over-served, and I am leaving. He offered to seat me elsewhere, and I just said no, I am leaving now. It kind of put a damper on the start of the evening. Thank goodness it got better from there. The point is people suck, and are weird, and you just never know who has a hair across their butt.

could you imagine if he did something like that, just disregards the constitution, that right there would teter the country on massive insurrection. The military would have to sieze the guns and people would resist.

The last words of EVERY sovereign citizen in modern (and ancient) history..."It can't happen here"

What we tend to forget as gun owners is that making something illegal is NOT Obama getting on TV and declaring handguns, CCW, or 10+round magazines are to be banned, it is small steps taken by local, state and the federal government that slowly eat away at your rights. Then, over a period of years you wake up and realize that only your .410 single barrel state registered shotgun is legal.

Even now, we all willingly accept that an adjustable stock AR makes you a felon in MA but a law abiding citizen just a few miles north...we just sit back and take it time and time again...

Sadly folks, the gun ban era is already here, the question is just how long until its final...

Went to Boston Friday night. Went up to the bar, and asked bartender if these two stools were taken. She said she thought so, oh here comes the guy now. So I ask him "Are you sitting here?" He just glares up at me half-assedly. I ask him again, a lot louder (figured he didn't hear me) "Is this your seat, are you sitting here? Are you all done?". He says, "Does it look like I'm sitting here?" and gave me a really creepy dirty look. I just walk away, and tell the doorman (it is only around 4:30) that that guy over there looks over-served, and I am leaving. He offered to seat me elsewhere, and I just said no, I am leaving now. It kind of put a damper on the start of the evening. Thank goodness it got better from there. The point is people suck, and are weird, and you just never know who has a hair across their butt.

True, you never know who's just out looking to mix it up. I don't hang in Boston but from my experience down here it's the young ones that have attitude problems. They're always trying to prove something..

The solution to Drunkeness is to Ban Drinking!

Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 15,183
Number of alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides: 24,518
How about we bring prhibition back? Alcohol is a killer!
People are idiots! I agree.

The solution to Drunkeness is to Ban Drinking!

Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 15,183
Number of alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides: 24,518
How about we bring prhibition back? Alcohol is a killer!
People are idiots! I agree.

I say we ban automobiles , that will certainly stop drunk driving . Not !

Like to see your sources, these are mine.

Total gun related deaths Per 100,000

England/
22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png
Wales

United States- 10.27

Gun related killings is not the same as overall rates of violent crime. Guns are used more often in the U.S. because there is no way, no matter WHAT laws you passed, that would make them anything but pretty easily obtainable by bad guys. Hell, gun crime (I HATE that phrase) has skyrocketed in the UK since their total ban.

We have a higher murder rate than the UK, but that's ONE metric. Take into account rape, robbery, felony assault, arson, etc. and we're doing better than they are.

Back
Top Bottom