• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Reality Duality

There’s been quite a few threads for the last several months about forced vaccinations, confiscations, shutdowns, passports, toilet paper, mask requirements, grandfather clauses, elections, and general “this shit can’t happen here” threads.

Each thread a realization step that maybe it could.

It’s like watching lotus bloom.

The Buddha and Lao Tzu both spoke of the battle within between the life you’re meant to live and the one you’re compelled to live.

Plato had his cave.

My generation often calls it red-pilled and this is what the underlying theme of these threads seems to be. Here’s a more modern take that may help get some across the finish line...

There are two games being played, the game of life and the game of monopoly. Throughout history man, by virtue of being born has had to play the game of life. All things on Earth play this game. There is no option.

Within my lifetime it has also become mandatory at birth to play the game of monopoly.

The problem is that it is not possible to win both games. The rules to each game are opposite and incompatible with the rules to the other. Most people are not playing life and are attempting to play monopoly using the rules of life. They are losing both games.

Do you believe Mr. Gates plays monopoly using the rules of life?

The people whose actions drive us to post these threads are playing by the rules of monopoly. They are winning. They are not stopping until they win it all. That’s the object of the game.

As events have escalated, the lotus bloom and realize they are not playing by the same rules.

What to do?

1. If you’re playing monopoly, dems the rules or you lose.

2. If you’re not willing to play by those rules, and I know this is nuts but stop playing monopoly and start playing life.

3. TLDR/RBIH (read but it hurts) Everything is fine. Go back to watching the pictures on the wall.

The problem today, in my ever so humble opinion, is simply I don't know who to trust. Period.

I don't really think the big Dem politicians really give a hoot about guns. If they did, they'd be razing Baltimore, Chicago, D.C., and other cesspool cities to get the guns off the street. I think they do care about power. I know it's a small difference, but to me it's significant. If the Republicans suddenly went anti-2A, the Dems would suddenly be for the 2A and gather the votes. It's more about power, if the gun owners were on their side, they'd be fine with it. It was the Republicans who did away with transferable select fire weapons. Reagan, the bastion of 'conservatism', my ass. We were fooled.

I can't trust the majority of news sources anymore. At this point, I'm doubting the videos that came out of China early on that showed people dropping in the streets. The hospitals stacked with bodies. I wonder now if the draconian things that China really did halt their death count below 100k. I think that was all a lead up to the 'issue' we have today. The asymmetric war they started to crash our economy. Another example was the whole mask debacle. We all knew it was BS when they were saying masks didn't work at all early on. Yes, there was some nuance to it, but the messaging was faulty to the point we have the whole 'wear a neck gaiter and you're good' BS we have going on now. I wear neck gaiters everywhere, I have yet to strike up a conversation with someone who's said they felt 'protected' by my one layer of polyester over my mouth.

So, if I can't trust news sources, how the hell do I really know what's happening? I know about what's going on on the border because I have people I trust my life with telling me what's going on. Vets know what's really happening in Iraq and Afghanistan for the same reason. Outside that source of information, what else is real? What 'facts' do you really know? How do you play a game when the rules aren't posted and you can't trust the source of the rules that are published?

Until a true unbiased news organization floats to the surface, I don't see things changing.

The problem today, in my ever so humble opinion, is simply I don't know who to trust. Period.

I don't really think the big Dem politicians really give a hoot about guns. If they did, they'd be razing Baltimore, Chicago, D.C., and other cesspool cities to get the guns off the street. I think they do care about power. I know it's a small difference, but to me it's significant. If the Republicans suddenly went anti-2A, the Dems would suddenly be for the 2A and gather the votes. It's more about power, if the gun owners were on their side, they'd be fine with it. It was the Republicans who did away with transferable select fire weapons. Reagan, the bastion of 'conservatism', my ass. We were fooled.

I can't trust the majority of news sources anymore. At this point, I'm doubting the videos that came out of China early on that showed people dropping in the streets. The hospitals stacked with bodies. I wonder now if the draconian things that China really did halt their death count below 100k. I think that was all a lead up to the 'issue' we have today. The asymmetric war they started to crash our economy. Another example was the whole mask debacle. We all knew it was BS when they were saying masks didn't work at all early on. Yes, there was some nuance to it, but the messaging was faulty to the point we have the whole 'wear a neck gaiter and you're good' BS we have going on now. I wear neck gaiters everywhere, I have yet to strike up a conversation with someone who's said they felt 'protected' by my one layer of polyester over my mouth.

So, if I can't trust news sources, how the hell do I really know what's happening? I know about what's going on on the border because I have people I trust my life with telling me what's going on. Vets know what's really happening in Iraq and Afghanistan for the same reason. Outside that source of information, what else is real? What 'facts' do you really know? How do you play a game when the rules aren't posted and you can't trust the source of the rules that are published?

Until a true unbiased news organization floats to the surface, I don't see things changing.
Great post. Thank you.
Please don’t take offense to this, I’m trying to help...

I think a lot of your confusion lies in believing there is a real difference between republicans and democrats. Yes there is occasionally the good one, but they are quickly weeded out and either removed or diminished.
There is the government and there is you.
I hate to quote Orwell in a thread like this, but I can already hear them stacking out my front door so screw it.

“The object of power is power.”

Dude’s in school payed for by parents and is a psych major.
I could be wrong. Let us all know about you.

Back
Top Bottom