The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

I prefer Swiss francs.

Damn, I miss all the old EU currencies. Italian Lira. Fronch-froncs. Deutschmarks. At least we still have GBP's. (And Swiss francs, IIRC.)

I had an Intl Fin prof in collitch back in 1990 who was French. That was fun. He was full of himself, but he had some funny stories of his currency-trading days and such. And his accent was just hysterical to be added to it. FRONCHFRONX!

Despite all the expected shit-talking regarding this situation, NES at its core is a solid community for those who stick around and make friends. Between all the ball busting, we help each other out. Another way to make connections is to be active at your local club and/or participate in competitions. I know if I were running out of primers and was having trouble loading up for upcoming matches, there are a few folks who would sell me a sleeve or maybe even a box at a normal price if not at their cost. I'd do the same. The good news is that it seems I'm seeing more classifieds 'bumps' with price reductions for various things. If the worst is not over, I think we are at least at the peak. Have lots of patience and make some friends- you'll do OK getting what you want.

I just acquired (2) MEC presses, 20GA and 12GA. John gave them to me because he's not loading those gauges any more, (he's focusing on 28 and .410).

I've got a shipment of 20GA hulls coming in next week. Private sale through a Mewe group. At the same time, a friend of a friend is dropping off a couple hundred hulls on his way to Savannah because "friend of a friend".

A buddy up in CT is holding onto 3K of primers for me. A mutual friend told me a couple of months ago that Joe had some for sale at non-rape prices. I pinged him, told him I'd be up in May or June and asked him to hold onto some for me; they're sitting on a shelf with my name on them.

I'm bringing a couple hundred extra .38SPCL and (2) BuckMarks up with me after talking to my friend Mike. He's low on .38 and looking for a BuckMark. He's cash poor, but we'll work something out.

It's all about friends and networking - some IRL and some via the internet. Sometimes they overlap, as in when I met Dave Draper up at Mass State IDPA.
Or like when you sent me those Skull Screws!

You seem to be somewhat new here, so let me help you out...

You are in the wrong place if you are expecting answers other than:
  • 'cuz capitalism
  • Free market!'
  • Don't like the price, don't buy it.
  • Should have stocked up 45 years ago.
  • If you don't have a 112 year supply you are doing it wrong.
  • You're not looking in the right place / don't have the right connections.
  • Yeah, back in the Sandy Hook days blah blah blah...

Which of these reasons is not valid, or appropriate?

No sympathy!! A pre ban or a glock is a want not a need, sometimes when people want something they work more hours rather than complaining on an Internet forum. Not only is it more productive It's almost like they do something to help their situation.

On that note I,m willing to help you out for a flat fee of $100. For that fee I,ll supply 1 sharpie and will write the words pre-ban on up to 10 items not just magazines I,ll also include lowers in that price.
Frank from Prussa

Wait, I thought we were supposed to make fun of the SHTF folks? [tinfoil]

Kidding aside, for sure it could be worse. However, I don't recall the prior events lasting as long nor having such broad shortages as this one. Let's hope we are at least at the peak for this round. Rumors of Independence Day unrest might further fuel the shortage, but after that my bet is on improved supply.
Covid, summer 2020 BLM/antifa unrest, the election, the Capital...The only way we haven't yet reached the peak is if Mars attacks next week.

For the OP..

KAC e3 upper, chrome bolt, chrome BCG, pre-ban Cerakoted lower, Geissele trigger,Nightforce, Spuhr mount etc etc etc.. and 1K rounds of Black Hills Mk262

$11k

I know what I got.

YjnrXDT.jpg

I get this whole thread is a joke, but what I find funny is people bitching about the prices of Prebans, glocks, ammo whatever...

There’s plenty a really shitty cheap options out there that will get the job done. There just not “cool”...And “no one needs thousands of rounds of amunition”

A “need”is a shitty hand gun and some shitty Ammo.. everything else is a “want”.

Good Lord, what a stupid idea for a thread. Just don't buy anything for a while, and when enough of us stop buying that product sits too long on the shelves, the prices will come down. That's a law of nature and nothing you or I can do will change it. If you're new to shooting, this is what you get for having waited so long to start.

Can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh you want x gun? good luck. get on the list. we'll call you when it's in, but expect to pay a premium."
MSRP is now a pipedream
just wait till the 'Rona disappears and grab a used one. the scramble makes people do stupid things, then stupid things turn into WTS ads. I'm saving up for a field day on the back end of this thing.

Definitely not going to want to buy ammo from me, then. I DON’T want to sell any of it, so it would take ludicrous prices to change my mine. At least a couple bucks a round ludicrous.

I have nothing posted at the moment but when I do I think I need to increase the price 25 bucks every week that I bump it.

I will be posting a Glock 22 soon for a ridiculously high price because it was the only .40 that Elvis ever owned...........yup its 100% legit.........think about that for a moment Y'all do know that more than one man on this earth was actually called Elvis right!
I'll stop now..... I'm dying 🤣 here on that one.
No wonder I have no friends LOL

Saying ammo prices are stupid high right now is like that person who says "is it hot enough for ya!" in a 100 degree summer day. Obvious observation is obvious. Does not endear yourself to anyone to further point it out or point fingers at people. Just do what everyone else does, F5 refresh Target Sport's website religiously and talk about the good 'ol days of $0.16 9mm.

I’m not sure what Everyone is freaking out about I was just looking at ammo prices the other day even though I don’t need any. You can still get $.19 9 mm and $.39 5.56..

Just place your order and wait.

I’m not sure if you guys realize this but if you place a decent enough size order pretty much everybody ships to ma

There is no ammo shortage.
The crazy mark up is the only way the LGS can stay open without any new guns to sell.
It's as fake as the true value of a diamond which is controlled by only a few big players by the stronghold they have on what is released to the market and when.
Some shops only ever made 80-100 bucks on a new gun sale, now they can make that on just 3 or 4 boxes of ammo if they planned right.

There is no ammo shortage.
The crazy mark up is the only way the LGS can stay open without any new guns to sell.
It's as fake as the true value of a diamond which is controlled by only a few big players by the stronghold they have on what is released to the market and when.
Some shops only ever made 80-100 bucks on a new gun sale, now they can make that on just 3 or 4 boxes of ammo if they planned right.

Obviously I have no way to prove this, but I think the stock of 'cheap' ammo that gunshops had to mark up is long gone sold. They are stuck with backorders and higher prices like everyone else. The very few shops that I had been in seem to get their stock from the same place most of "us" do, TSUSA, so you know what they are paying.

I prefer Swiss francs.

Damn, I miss all the old EU currencies. Italian Lira. Fronch-froncs. Deutschmarks. At least we still have GBP's. (And Swiss francs, IIRC.)

I had an Intl Fin prof in collitch back in 1990 who was French. That was fun. He was full of himself, but he had some funny stories of his currency-trading days and such. And his accent was just hysterical to be added to it. FRONCHFRONX!
I have a coffee can half full of Swiss and French francs that I got when I was over in Europe in the 70's...I'm pretty sure I have some Italian lira and some other stuff from Spain, Gibraltar and a few other countries. I've always wondered if they might have some collector value.

Back
Top Bottom