• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

Well, I pay for the privilege so theres that. I also dont ask retard prices.
All green members pay for the privilege. You don't have much of a point there, at all. Has it occured to you, that you are probably not the only person selling on NES, that thinks there pricing isn't retard pricing. Way to many people think that their guns are worth a fortune, at sell time, but no one elses is.

All green members pay for the privilege. You don't have much of a point there, at all. Has it occured to you, that you are probably not the only person selling on NES, that thinks there pricing isn't retard pricing. Way to many people think that their guns are worth a fortune, at sell time, but no one elses is.
Umm no because my pricing wasnt retard pricing. I havent sold something here in years anyway. Now leave me alone.

Where on earth does a Glock19 cost $7-900? Pre-covid, they were everywhere for $400-450 used. Sometimes $350 if you stumbled into a deal. I still see clean used ones every other week @$475-500.

Like, look at the prices Gun Parlor have been giving basically anything that shoots.

The Gun Parlor is notoriously overpriced even where there aren't riots and election shenanigans.

Justin is a joke, and he and his friend Maura (to whom he sends copies of every 4473 done at TGP... even those done for things which do not require an FA10) can take an unexpected swim in the Boston harbor for all I (or many on this site) care. I strongly advise you look to any of the other MA dealers, and avoid doing business there. When not feeding private, sensitive information - without a warrant - to the Fuhrer, these jamokes spend their time inviting the media in to film hitpieces against their competitors (and their own customers), offering customers a pittance for their soon-to-be-marked-200%-above-market used guns, and falsely advertising prices and services online and over the phone.

The day TGP becomes the standard against which MA shops are measured will be a sad day indeed.

Shame they've still got a presence on NES.

Where on earth does a Glock19 cost $7-900? Pre-covid, they were everywhere for $400-450 used. Sometimes $350 if you stumbled into a deal. I still see clean used ones every other week @$475-500.
Lol some of this thread is MA bullshit/MA clown world, but there was a brief period where on open maket a new G19 was actually hitting price bloat because of lack of supply. The 19 Gen5 and 43x are the two hottest models right now wrt Glocks in gun retail.....

The Gun Parlor is notoriously overpriced even where there aren't riots and election shenanigans.

Justin is a joke, and he and his friend Maura (to whom he sends copies of every 4473 done at TGP... even those done for things which do not require an FA10) can take an unexpected swim in the Boston harbor for all I (or many on this site) care. I strongly advise you look to any of the other MA dealers, and avoid doing business there. When not feeding private, sensitive information - without a warrant - to the Fuhrer, these jamokes spend their time inviting the media in to film hitpieces against their competitors (and their own customers), offering customers a pittance for their soon-to-be-marked-200%-above-market used guns, and falsely advertising prices and services online and over the phone.

The day TGP becomes the standard against which MA shops are measured will be a sad day indeed.

Shame they've still got a presence on NES.
FWIW that consent decree terms for the 4473s expired but I still wouldn't trust them.

In Massachusetts where it takes more leg work to get one, and most don't know how - don't rub it in too much, the poor guys down here have have it bad.

Still. $400-450 used price for a gun that usually retails at around $500-$550 isn't great.

Prices for everything are up. That’s what happens when you print trillions for a decade plus.
There may be some retractions, but shit is more expensive now.
Adapt.

I'm not saying yall aren't right, I'm just saying that the current state of affairs is just the worst.
Thats not what you said. You said "the prices you guys are charging us extortion" ....which is quite accusational. Now your saying we right. Which is it? Sounds like your walking back your original statement.

It's not finding it that's a problem, it's the cost compared to real street value. Like, look at the prices Gun Parlor have been giving basically anything that shoots. I can't even believe the numbers I'm seeing. It's like crypto.
The street value of used and preban is what is driving the cost up now.
Coupled with lack of availability on new.
Just about any dealer that has "new "firearms is charging msrp, not some crazy high number.
No too mention the 2 trilion dollars the fed has printed driving the price of commodities up.
Go on gunbroker buy a hi point 9mm carbine for 300 and have it shipped to lgs. Then do transfer.
Or hook up with someone on here and buy a gen 2 glock with 1 preban mag for 950. Your choice.
Then you still need ammo.

The street value of used and preban is what is driving the cost up now.
Coupled with lack of availability on new.
Just about any dealer that has "new "firearms is charging msrp, not some crazy high number.
No too mention the 2 trilion dollars the fed has printed driving the price of commodities up.
Go on gunbroker buy a hi point 9mm carbine for 300 and have it shipped to lgs. Then do transfer.
Or hook up with someone on here and buy a gen 2 glock with 1 preban mag for 950. Your choice.
Then you still need ammo.
Lol even in current conditions at least for guns, only a few categories of guns are going at msrp.

I agree with you, but I'm more pointing at like "normal" guns and pre bans.
Proble m is there is no "normal"
You have bitcoin stock....p!ease sell it to me at $3000.
Problem is people want to sell they list for what they want out, often people buy.
I like to shoot even if its pellet guns. i have been making sure I have enough for my needs for 30 years now.
Heck ive been priced out of ever buying a newer car

OP , Idont have any prebans but if your interested make a offer on these.
M1 garand cmp service grade.
S&W 1911 PC
oh wait i do have pre ban a few model 60s
and a erma wurkes M1 carbine clone in 22lr
make me a offer on a AR, I dont recall the lower manfacture Aderson, rock river , YHM? Upper is flat top , 1" barrel heavy Varmint 18" long 1/8 twist matching bolt... Should have RRA NM trigger.

Last edited:
it is outrageous, but it is supply and demand. You can demonstrate your displeasure by not buying anything. If you have to buy, then you have to pay the price. Overpay for a gun, then overpay for a thousand rounds of ammo, then stop buying.

Yep, you heard me.
Save up for a couple months for a barely decent pre ban, and that's if you have a GOOD job.
What, are we dealing with Prussian Franks? Shit is ridiculous.

Jokes.
So what gun(s) are you looking for anyway??

So what gun(s) are you looking for anyway??

He's not looking for a gun, he's just yanking everyone's chain and most people are falling for it. He has -1 feedback with the comment of "wasting time[.]" See below, he wants "a lightly used MG-42 for 500 dollars[.]"

All I want is a lightly used MG-42 for 500 dollars, can't a guy at least get that?

Can't tell you how many times I've heard "oh you want x gun? good luck. get on the list. we'll call you when it's in, but expect to pay a premium."
MSRP is now a pipedream

MSRP is a pipe dream with more items than guns. Have you bought any lumber lately?? Hey, elections and silly shut downs have consequences.

So how much is my s&w 38 special worth, I bought it new and have never liked it. W/a couple hundred rds. of ammo😀

Yep, you heard me.
Save up for a couple months for a barely decent pre ban, and that's if you have a GOOD job.
What, are we dealing with Prussian Franks? Shit is ridiculous.

Jokes.

If you bought a house in 1991 for $200k, are you going to sell it tomorrow for the same price you bought it for in 1991 ?

If not, why ?

He's not looking for a gun, he's just yanking everyone's chain and most people are falling for it. He has -1 feedback with the comment of "wasting time[.]" See below, he wants "a lightly used MG-42 for 500 dollars[.]"
Yup, troll account. I've heard from a Seller here that he was getting inundated with messages from what appears to be one person with multiple accounts. The purpose was to soften up the Seller with low ball offers.

Back
Top Bottom