The Price of Gas?? What about GETTING gas??

Well, I heard that parts of Alabama and Eastern TN are having gas stations closing down. My Aunt is in Knoxville, but I haven't been able to call her...so I'm waiting for a comformation.

But they are saying that there isn't any gas for delivery.

I just stopped by the Cumbys in Plainville on the way home to get some milk. I was talking to a lady in line about the stations in TN. The lady behind the counter said that they are almost out of gas as well, and they can't get a delivery either. So she said that she doesn't know what they are going to do tomorrow.

I don't know how wide spread this is, or what's going to happen. But this can't be good...

I just hope that it's just that they can't get gas tomorrow, but will have a dump in the next few days. Or something like that.

Maybe I'd better fill up tonight again for the weekend.

.....oh my gawd.... I'm knee jerk reacting...aren't I? [eek_sigh]

Some of the stations that were cheaper than the others are out of Reg. This was on King street. We just went and filled my car up tonight.

When I was filling up the tank tonight in Bellingham MA the gas was $2.89, while I was there they were posting the price for tomorrow $3.29, Ouch that is a 0.40 cent hikerealy quick. :?

I don't know, but on the news today, there were saying that eight refineries were shut down, and several pipelines as well. And that in the next few days, to expect gas to be around 5 bucks a gallon.

Wasn't there just a TNT Docudrama about something like this?

Patrick and I rented an SUV for our honeymoon to drive to Canada. We already went back and changed that to a "luxury" car that gets 10mpg more than an SUV.

At this rate we're going to have to trade in the luxury car for bikes.
We're biking to Canada! Whooo... [cry]

I just talked with my son down in Florida. They're looking at no gas sales at any price for the next 4 days. He'd be willing to bite thge bullet and pay whatever the going rate would have been, since without gas, he's not working. Luckily both he and his wife filled up yesterday, so they might squeak through this interruption.

Ken

An advantage of living in Boston: I bought a subway pass this morning: $44 for the month of September.

The wife insists on a ride to work every day. I convinced her that we should take the subway until the gas situation settles down. For now, we'll only really need the car for trips to the grocery store.

I don't know how to get to work by the train. I can take the Commuter into South Station. Then take the T from there to wherever the boats are. Take the Boat into Hingham Harbor, then bus or walk to work.

I'm sure that that would about 2 or 3 hours, where I can drive into work in about 40 min. So I don't know what's better.

C-pher, there is another commuter train into Hingham. No idea if that line hits anywhere near your work, but one T-pass covers as many legs as needed at no additional charge.

It's probably 30 minutes from No. Attleboro into South Station on the commuter rail (20 minutes from Sharon). The Greenbush line is being constructed into Hingham and Scituate, no idea how many years it will take until completion.

Check schedules on www.mbta.com. Zone 6 (Attleboro) unlimited T-pass cost $191/month, but most employers heavily subsidize the passes. For instance, my Wife's T-pass (Zone 4) cost $149/month, but she only has to pay ~$55/month for it. The boat pass (Rowes Wharf to Hingham Harbor) cost $198/month and allows free travel on all commuter rail/subway/bus/some other commuter boats.

If it works for someone's situation, the commuter rail/boats are a very pleasant experience. Mostly professionals commuting to work, not the gang bangers/druggies that you see on downtown T buses/subways.

C-pher, you are right, you'd need the boat over to Hingham Harbor. No idea what public transit is like from there, but if it is the T, you can find the info on their website.

Back
Top Bottom