The President Trump Megathread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I actually worked for Donald Trump 16 years ago and have met him on a few occasions. I can tell you that he is not the nicest person. To everyone who thinks he is a 'great business man' - he is not. He has had MANY failed businesses (Trump airlines, the Trump mortgage to name a few). He is excellent in the real estate game and was very fortunate to inherit a lot of money from his father. That being said, I'm glad he announced. I think he will shake things up a bit and get people talking (that's what we're doing). If he ever makes it to debates, he will stir the pot and ask other candidates tough questions that others might be afraid to. Donald Trump has a giant ego and the presidential platform serves an alternate purpose for him. I am all for a different kind of candidate / someone who is not a career politician, but I truly believe Trump is not going to be our next president...but I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Think about it: would the rest of the world take the Unites States of America seriously if we elected a glorified 'game show host' as president?

GPP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I actually worked for Donald Trump 16 years ago and have met him on a few occasions. I can tell you that he is not the nicest person. To everyone who thinks he is a 'great business man' - he is not. He has had MANY failed businesses (Trump airlines, the Trump mortgage to name a few). He is excellent in the real estate game and was very fortunate to inherit a lot of money from his father. That being said, I'm glad he announced. I think he will shake things up a bit and get people talking (that's what we're doing). If he ever makes it to debates, he will stir the pot and ask other candidates tough questions that others might be afraid to. Donald Trump has a giant ego and the presidential platform serves an alternate purpose for him. I am all for a different kind of candidate / someone who is not a career politician, but I truly believe Trump is not going to be our next president...but I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Think about it: would the rest of the world take the Unites States of America seriously if we elected a glorified 'game show host' as president?
How seriously are we being taken now?
You make some excellent points tho, and at the very least he will hopefully stir the pot. Im tired of politicians, just like alot of us. Maybe having a loose cannon wouldnt be so bad

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the fact that we have had an actor, a draft dodger, a pothead, a cokehead, & now a Kenyan. Gameshow host doesn't sound too bad!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Once again everybody who is a frequent flyer has articulated why The Donald sucks, and why he is unelectable. Now tell me boyz (and girlz) who do you like and more importantly who is electable I mean from a standpoint of realpolitik and not from Internet fantasyland but based on where Amerika is at here and now in 2015?

Last edited:

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
No one takes Obama seriously, leaders like Putin laugh at a president like Obama. All though I'm not bettin on him winning I wouldn't rule him out, Jesse Ventura became a governor, Swartzeneger became a governor, and Ronald Regan the actor became president. I don't give a rats ass what other countries think, Donald takes his job seriously so I know he can be a serious president, why can't people separate his television personality with his real qualifications, lots of judgmental people in here.
Honestly, what makes a non politician not qualified for the job, his inability to speak in riddles to fool the dumb American?
1 vote for Donald here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one takes Obama seriously, leaders like Putin laugh at a president like Obama. All though I'm not bettin on him winning I wouldn't rule him out, Jesse Ventura became a governor, Swartzeneger became a governor, and Ronald Regan the actor became president. I don't give a rats ass what other countries think, Donald takes his job seriously so I know he can be a serious president, why can't people separate his television personality with his real qualifications, lots of judgmental people in here.
Honestly, what makes a non politician not qualified for the job, his inability to speak in riddles to fool the dumb American?
1 vote for Donald here.
You can't put reagan in there, he left acting decades before and was very political and was gov of CA, then ran for POTUS in 76 before being elected.

What makes donald someone to vote for? Because he's not a politician? Fine but he's an insider at the highest levels. Talk about where he stands on the issues. How do you trust someone who gave a lot of money to the people you trust least.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the left and the right are afraid of him. we have to remember the republicans were attacking the tea party people last election cycle. i will keep an open mind with trump i'm really sick of career politicians. with his comments on assult weapons he might not just be educated on the subject at one time i wasn't. I would love to have a pro liberty president but it looking unlikely. i would vote for trump simply because he hasn't fed from the tax payer trough.

CTpatriot

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great question. Here's my short list:

1. Leads with integrity and honesty; makes us proud to be Americans again.
2. Doesn't weigh in flaccidly on every current social issue for political points; concentrates on things that matter, even though his position might be detrimental to reelecton.
3. Stands up to terrorists; doesn't bargain.
4. Hold Congress to task; doesn't tolerate endless delays in budget submission. Vetoes pork.
5. Demands and executes a balanced budget.
6. Is not named Clinton.
7. Wont be having rosie odonell over at the white house anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Once again everybody who is a frequent flyer has articulated why The Donald sucks, and why he is unelectable. Now tell me boyz (and girlz) who do you like and more importantly who is electable I mean from a standpoint of realpolitik and not from Internet fantasyland but based on where Amerika is at here and now in 2015?
Why dont you start by defining "Electable"

Not that it really matter actually......but I'm at the ignore point when it comes to folks that carry on about silliness like "So and so is not a "Serious" candidate" and other silliness that is usually reserved as compliments for candidates that have no real world accomplishments and have never been anything other than a politician in their lives.

I wont vote for career pols anymore...

Marco "AmNasty" Rubio is out
Krispy Kreme Christie is out
Jeb Bush is out
Perry is out
Santorum is out
Pataki, Huckabee (squish) and Goober Graham are also out.

Fiorina left HP a mess and while she talks a good game her behavior at HP puts her in the when hell freezes over category

Carson is far too mild mannered

Paul is the only candidate who has actually stood up to defend individual rights and is similarly the only one who pulls Dems and Independents away from Dems

Walker I think has a good chance at being VP

Cruz makes a better Senator than executive because imho he's such a lightning rod

CTpatriot

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can't put reagan in there, he left acting decades before and was very political and was gov of CA, then ran for POTUS in 76 before being elected.

What makes donald someone to vote for? Because he's not a politician? Fine but he's an insider at the highest levels. Talk about where he stands on the issues. How do you trust someone who gave a lot of money to the people you trust least.
he uses the inside for his own advantage. An insider would not have gone after obama regarding his kenyan birth. he forced obama to release an obviously forged birth certificate in order to quell the masses.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Talk about where he stands on the issues. How do you trust someone who gave a lot of money to the people you trust least.
1. Electing a professional liar based on expressed views for issues is foolhardy. Even when you have backed them into a corner and forced them to give an honest answer, they will just change their mind once elected and do whatever suits their interest at that time.
"Read my lips: No new taxes"
"Eliminating special tax breaks for oil and gas companies: including repealing special expensing rules, foreign tax credit benefits, and manufacturing deductions for oil and gas firms."
"To restore confidence in government, [George W. Bush] will…attack pork-barrel spending."
etc, etc

2. Businessmen ALWAYS donate to both sides of the aisle. They are playing the influence game to get pork barrel spending, approval on projects, etc. They don't give a damn about political views just the all mighty dollar.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Its certainly a valid concern.....what you're saying is that we should choose candidates based on their track records/actions

So lets apply that reasoning to the voting records/actions of the career pols out there

By every measure that means Bush, Rubio, Christie, Fiorino, and most of the others are disqualified from consideration due to far more heinous actions than Trump has ever done.

I dont like some of Trump's actions....thats an understatement....but I do appreciate the fact that you know where you stand with him and he doesnt mince words.....he certainly has negotiation skills as well as management skills....there's no doubt he could do the job........

Last edited:

usp45ct

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What's the difference between a Big Government Democrat and a Big Business Republican?

Yeah, me neither.
How about a Big Business Republican that runs his own business. I would say experience and knowledge is the difference and brother, that's a big difference. Barry went from Community Organizer to the WH. No experience in anything except giving shit away. How'd that work out? Not saying I am in for the Don, but he is certainly experienced.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How about a Big Business Republican that runs his own business. I would say experience and knowledge is the difference and brother, that's a big difference. Barry went from Community Organizer to the WH. No experience in anything except giving shit away. How'd that work out? Not saying I am in for the Don, but he is certainly experienced.
I suspect the distinction is between someone that runs their own business and someone who enguages in big gov crony corporatist activities.......establishment candidates from both sides are heavily involved in corp welfare and passage of legislation that benefits their supporters instead of honest legislation

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the left and the right are afraid of him. we have to remember the republicans were attacking the tea party people last election cycle. i will keep an open mind with trump i'm really sick of career politicians. with his comments on assult weapons he might not just be educated on the subject at one time i wasn't. I would love to have a pro liberty president but it looking unlikely. i would vote for trump simply because he hasn't fed from the tax payer trough.
I don't think anyone is afraid of him. When most of the people talk about him they laugh. He's a carnival act.

Mitt Romney wasn't fed from the taxpayers trough, he only held office for one term and too a $1 salary. Other than Bloomberg's 3 terms as mayor of NY (not sure if he took a salary) he's a MUCH more successful businessman than Trump. He didn't have wealth parents, he's self made and worth at least 4 or 5 times what Trump is. Would you want Bloomberg?

George Soros cannot run because he is not a natural US citizen but again he's a successful businessman. The CEO of Costco, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, etc. all successful, have not been politicians and all suck on the issues.

I'm no fan of career politicians but I care more about where they are on the issues than anything else. Also, to me at least, the really big problem with career politicians is when they stay in the same office for decades. If they move around, they don't seem to be as corrupt and out of touch as when they stay in the same office forever like a Kennedy, Biden, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

he uses the inside for his own advantage. An insider would not have gone after obama regarding his kenyan birth. he forced obama to release an obviously forged birth certificate in order to quell the masses.
He went after obama for the self promotion and attention he received. He really was the butt of a lot of jokes because of it and looked like a fool often. He rarely knows the issues well before he spouts off and because of that he often says things that are flat out stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

He was a registered D from 2000 to 2007 and has given more money to D's than R's. So what makes him an R, because he checks a different box? Bloomberg was a D then switched to run as an R in 2002. He wanted to run to replace Guilani and the R primary was open, no competition and the D primary had a number of candidates. Bloomberg was never an R, he was always a liberal D.

Periphery

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People still believe in that Kenyan nonsense? [laugh]

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How about a Big Business Republican that runs his own business.
Into the ground, 4 times. Now that's experience that really counts.
I would say experience and knowledge is the difference and brother, that's a big difference. Barry went from Community Organizer to the WH. No experience in anything except giving shit away. How'd that work out?
Horridly, as anyone with a half a brain predicted it would.
Not saying I am in for the Don, but he is certainly experienced.
Not saying that the president should be a career politician at all, but The Donald has less political experience than the current occupant.

Business and politics are different, just like running a country and running a company are different. The problem with many big business executives that get into politics is that they are oriented toward growing their business, be it a company or a government. Yes, they try to improve efficiencies, but US government by definition has built in inefficiencies that exist for good reasons. Government, particularly the federal executive branch, needs serious downsizing, and no big business/government chief executive is going to slash his/her "business".

Besides, Trump is truly a caricature. If there's anyone who could be worse at building national prestige and respect around the world than Barry, it would have to be The Donald.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That isn't the proposition. Would you take trump over rubio, rand, walker or cruz?
Rubio is a steamy pile of big gov progressivism with an "R" before his name.......recall amnasty, gang of 8 and TTP just to name a few.

Cruz is a lightning rod....wont be POTUS.....he's a much better Senator than he would be POTUS

Walker.....not really much of a comparison.

Paul.....hands down the best candidate on the issues in the bunch

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
But is Paul electable or is he as polarizing as his dad? Also, more importantly, IS HIS WIFE HOT ENOUGH?

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
But is Paul electable or is he as polarizing as his dad? Also, more importantly, IS HIS WIFE HOT ENOUGH?
Yes and Hell YES!!

But count on GOP establishment progresives and neo cons to try to create false issues with Paul's positions on issues.

Biggest threat to national security is the over 212 trillion that we owe when you factor in social security and a raft of other liabilities that congress has decided to cook the books with.

My take on Paul is that he's pro DEFENSE and anti irrrational invasion/occupation.

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Rubio is a steamy pile of big gov progressivism with an "R" before his name.......recall amnasty, gang of 8 and TTP just to name a few.

Cruz is a lightning rod....wont be POTUS.....he's a much better Senator than he would be POTUS

Walker.....not really much of a comparison.

Paul.....hands down the best candidate on the issues in the bunch
Agreed! And don't forget Cruz's recent positions on 'Freedom Act' and Obamatrade!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing that should tell you how they feel about their chances, Rand is running for reelection to the senate as well as POTUS. Rubio is not running for his senate seat. One thing about rand that he is lacking is the appearance of energy. He's a doctor so I assume he is used to staying calm and speaking without emotion. It's not a great presentation. He certainly isn't his father who was a niche candidate at best. He has a much broader appeal but he won't beat rubio or walker. I think it comes down to rubio and walker as the others flame out. Rand will be an excellent leader in the senate, he'll be reelected easily.

Rand's wife is very attractive. Rubio's is the best (former miami dolphins cheerleader and younger), cruz's wife is attractive too. Not sure about walker's.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are you actually saying that the guy that has repeatedly filibustered in the senate for 13 hours lacks the appearance of energy?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...suring-rand-pauls-filibuster-against-history/

The question remains.....are you going to vote based on the candidates proven track record OR are you going to vote for a candidate based on meaningless commentary from MSM that ignores the candidates track record?

Top Bottom