The President Trump Megathread

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He's not actually running, he's just using the media and other rubes to market TRUMP brand (the man) for his tv show, other businesses and his ego. And the media will gladly give it to him.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At the least, he makes the presidential debate more insteresting than the past 300 years.
Watch the vt gov debate from 2014. That was interesting because it was 2 real candidates and 3 or 4 others who were clowns. He's a spectacle, he distracts from real options.

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Like a few others already running. I don't think he can win the big show. But.... He would potentially be the first foreign Secretary of whatever to have a set of stones in some time.

Hey Iran, Yes this is The Secretary. That timetable you want. Shove it up your ass. Im sending some workers over to take your place. Please clean out your cave, and leave all pertinent TPS reports on your desk.

rkwjunior

NES Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I for one, would like to see how somebody who has actually been successful at something other than getting re-elected would do as President. I am so sick of career politicians who do nothing and answer to nothing. I would take him over most of the current candidates.
This x1000, and i think the word "change" would actually mean something.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, the guy knows how to make money. He couldn't be any worse than the Kenyan.
Yeah, Trump has such great taste, he wants Oprah to be his VP. So he thinks putting the huge obama fan and supporter 1 step from POTUS? I just hope he crashes quickly and doesn't make the debates.

Woodsy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In the north woods likely hunting or trapping
My money is on he bows out for some creative reason before October. Hes a good businessman, and has some great ideas for America BUT he aint got what it takes to be a politician and schmooze with the common folk. HE should be entertaining but thats all I give him, Hell Im voting for Bernie Sanders to screw up Hillarys run I really dont want the trumpster doing the same in the republican party.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No chance for the king of bankruptcy.
Yeah, he went bankrupt - and now he's worth over 9 BILLION dollars. The U.S. is also (beyond) bankrupt. Maybe this guy is what we need.

I think he might not drop out of this one. The guy has no need for money. He can afford anything he wants. How do you take that lifestyle any further? What better jewel for that crown than the presidency of the United States?

I'd vote for him before I'd vote for another politician.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it hard to trust a man who does not trust me, reason, my semi auto rifle. Before the term "assault rifle", it was just a semi auto rifle. Now it is termed assault rifle, and he states he does not like them or ownership of them. I find his position as "anti gun". So if he is anti gun, on the assault weapon, where does it end? He is a politician. Same attitude, different career. Also he states, "I am not telling anyone my ideas, then they will know", let us just elect him and then we will find out, who else said that about a health bill, ..lets just pass it and then we will see what is in it..Pelosi?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, you're right, another Bush or Clinton is WAY better than a successful businessman to get America out of the hole she's in. Those dynasty politicians care WAY more about us, the American people, than the American people do. We should just submit to the will of such royalty.

(The "dickhead" at the end of that post is implied).
Did he say he wanted Bush or Clinton? He doesn't trust Trump and neither should anyone who knows about his views. Besides besides his attitude which turns off many, Trump is no conservative. He has given a lot of money to D's and it wasn't about greasing palms for developments. Also, I'm sure Trump has taken plenty of corporate welfare over the years.

Of those candidates running who I could not vote for in the general election, all D's, Jeb Bush, Lindsey Graham, and Trump. I think Jeb loses in the primary, he's a squish (was a conservative Governor but he left that) and really 80% of each party is sick of the clinton's and bush's. Bernie sanders is polling well in NH and Iowa. D's trust him and they don't trust hillary.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since this is a gun forum, I am surprised "Trump the anti" hasn't been mentioned...

And all his economic stuff about bringing back american jobs, fighting china, mexico, etc. Where do you think most of his supplies for his developments come from? He could make less profit and buy American but we know what he does.

Trump is for Trump and really has a minimal understanding of most issues. But that doesn't stop him from being a gas bag.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, he went bankrupt - and now he's worth over 9 BILLION dollars. The U.S. is also (beyond) bankrupt. Maybe this guy is what we need.

I think he might not drop out of this one. The guy has no need for money. He can afford anything he wants. How do you take that lifestyle any further? What better jewel for that crown than the presidency of the United States?

I'd vote for him before I'd vote for another politician.
What do you think about Trumps political contributions. He gave to NY pol's Rangel, Schumer, Gillibrand, Weiner, etc. but he gave to Rahm Emmanuel (in 2010), Harry Reid, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry. He gave heavily to D's for the 2006 election which put Pelosi and Reid in power. Trump was a registered Democrat from 2000 to 2008.

And who are the biggest recipients of money on the R side? Those pro gun, pro liberty stalwarts John McCain and Arlen Spector who left the R's and became a D (was personally lobbied to by obama).

He's no conservative, heck, I wouldn't even call him a moderate R, he's a moderate D at best.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I hope to live to see the day a libertarian president is elected. But I don't expect that to happen.

Someone asked earlier what the qualifications are...veto, veto, veto. The burden of proof is on those passing new laws to justify them (unless they are repealing something previous passed into law). Otherwise, they shouldn't exist.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did he say he wanted Bush or Clinton? He doesn't trust Trump and neither should anyone who knows about his views. Besides besides his attitude which turns off many, Trump is no conservative. He has given a lot of money to D's and it wasn't about greasing palms for developments. Also, I'm sure Trump has taken plenty of corporate welfare over the years.

Of those candidates running who I could not vote for in the general election, all D's, Jeb Bush, Lindsey Graham, and Trump. I think Jeb loses in the primary, he's a squish (was a conservative Governor but he left that) and really 80% of each party is sick of the clinton's and bush's. Bernie sanders is polling well in NH and Iowa. D's trust him and they don't trust hillary.
My comments were admittedly over the top and uncalled for. I probably shouldn't read the news sites, then go straight to a site like NES where I'm likely to express myself before calming down.

GPP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If Trump was serious he would run as an independent in every, or nearly ever election, and **** up every election the same way that Ross Perot did (although I bet he would get both D and R "kills"). He's not serious though, which is why he craps out part of the way through every time and disappears. It's a marketing stunt.

-Mike
In all seriuosness though Mike, what does Donald Trump need to market for? Its clear the man can business. You put a qualified crew under him, and it could work.

Top Bottom