The President Trump Megathread

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was another bank run in China this week and another investment firm is teetering. If Trump keeps the pressure up with tariffs and the US economy plods along for another 12 months, China will feel the hurt.

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
It was pretty inspiring to see the young people in Hong Kong fighting for freedom. Many waving U.S. flags. I am hoping our young people see that and realize what we have is pretty unique and worth preserving.
no, it just makes them think the protesters are on the wrong side.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, it just makes them think the protesters are on the wrong side.
Academia switched loyalties from Zombie Soviet Marxism to Contemporary Chinese Maoism around 2013. It's increasingly noticeable in the subversive jargon spouted by the brainwashed youth and their handlers. Great Leap Forward 2.0.

See this:'Idea Laundering' | The American Conservative which I think is being bankrolled by the CCP to cause unrest.

And remember when Obama said we couldn't drill our way to energy independence?

ABRACADABRA BITCH!

Last edited:

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Academia switched loyalties from Zombie Soviet Marxism to Contemporary Chinese Maoism around 2013. It's increasingly noticeable in the subversive jargon spouted by the brainwashed youth and their handlers. Great Leap Forward 2.0.

And remember when Obama said we couldn't drill our way to energy independence?

ABRACADABRA BITCH!

The US has always been an exporter of petroleum, but it's mostly been in the form of processed lubricating oils and grease, not fuel oil products.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I am sure Newsweek will be apologizing for their snark any minute now. :rolleyes:

🐯
Actually, Newsweak fired the reporter for it, they felt it hurt their reputation.
Plutzing.gif

I wouldn't worry about Kwong, I'm sure CNN and MSNBC have already called her with job offers.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

GlockJock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
She's the one that used to throw stuff at staffers, had the highest rate of staff turnover, and generally is an angry abusive nutcase.
"She's the one that used to throw stuff at staffers, had the highest rate of staff turnover, and generally is an angry abusive nutcase".
You - honestly, all kidding aside, - just described almost EVERY Democrat/Liberal/Pinhead (etc) at my Democrat/Liberal/Pinhead infested job.. (which I despise but the layy, the benefits and the pension are friggin awesome... awesome enough to (barely) tolerate 40 hours per week with the idiot twits who consider me an evil, right-wing, despicable terrorist cuz I didn't (OH MY GOD!!) vote for Killary in 2016.... (and I very subtly rub it in their putrid faces literally every chance I get... like when a fellow MAGA coworker walks into the lunchroom and I'll say "Hey check out these pictures of creepy Joe molesting women and young girls and..."
[smile]

GlockJock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Actually, Newsweak fired the reporter for it, they felt it hurt their reputation.
View attachment 315699

I wouldn't worry about Kwong, I'm sure CNN and MSNBC have already called her with job offers.
Ellen Degeneres has probably already asked her to come in for a, um, "private interview"...

Just sayin' [smile]

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xi's incompetence is manifest. The major task of the Chinese president is to handle the American president, and Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton were handled. He failed to bring Donald Trump under control with promises of future meetings and postponed studies. As a result, China is in a trade war with its largest customer. In addition, quite apart from the trade issue, the Chinese financial system is unstable and growth is slowing. Now, Hong Kong is out of control, and the global talk is of Chinese concentration camps. This is not what was expected from Xi.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would not be surprised to see Xi take a long vacation at some point in the future and not come back.......and the communist party of china will appoint some new tyrant

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About time we had a president with the balls and smarts to press China. Years of clueless and self serving pols got us to where we were.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
About time we had a president with the balls and smarts to press China. Years of clueless and self serving pols got us to where we were.
Think it has more to do with us finally having a president with enough money that he cares more about the country than his bank account. He's like the only pol in DC in my lifetime who hasnt been in someone elses pocket.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

Chairman Nadler Sends White House and Republicans More Deadlines for Fast-track December Impeachment Effort…

=

Candidate Trump was framed for stealing a horse; President Trump was subsequently accused of trying too hard to avoid hanging for it. Prosecutor Mueller eventually conceded that Trump didn’t steal the horse; however, by then the focus was on Trump’s efforts to avoid the hanging. Eventually Mueller testified; it surfaced there was never a horse to begin with… Impeachment was stalled. Prosecutor Jerry Nadler is attempting to resurrect a legal theory that President Trump can still be hung for attempting to avoid the hanging, even if there was no horse theft. Yup, that’s were we’re at.

Earlier Friday House Judiciary Committee (HJC) Chairman Jerry Nadler sent another letter to the White House outlining a December 6th deadline for executive participation in the coup by impeachment. The chairman also sent ranking member Doug Collins a similar letter asking for rebuttal witnesses by December 6th. In anticipation of Nadler denying the republican rebuttal witnesses he has scheduled a committee hearing on the republican complaints for December 9th [yes, same day as IG Horowitz report release].

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... and the global talk is of Chinese concentration camps.
Is this the hook they're going to use to get us to support going to war with China?
I love seeing our president not take crap from China and look out for our interests instead. At the same time, I think we need to be very leery of someone or some group leveraging the situation to get us in to a shooting war with China. Our exponentialy expanding debt will have to be reset at some point and I have suspected for quite a while that that is the intended end game.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the hook they're going to use to get us to support going to war with China?
I love seeing our president not take crap from China and look out for our interests instead. At the same time, I think we need to be very leery of someone or some group leveraging the situation to get us in to a shooting war with China. Our exponentialy expanding debt will have to be reset at some point and I have suspected for quite a while that that is the intended end game.
Uh... no read the entire article. The point is that China was supposed to present the international facade of being shiny and modern and instead they look like the monsters they are. Strangling them economically and if necessary by cutting off their food supply (not that China doesn't have a problem with letting tens of millions starve if the leadership feels like it) is the way to go.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No way. Not going to happen unless they go full retard (attack us), IMO.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I kinda cringed when I saw the emergence of all the American flags at the HK protests tbh. Have to admit Ive never met a single person from HK but I have a hard time believing they all just decided on their own that the stars and stripes should (to some extent at least) become the symbol of their movement. Seems like someone or some group is going out of their way to poke the Chinese with a stick.

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I kinda cringed when I saw the emergence of all the American flags at the HK protests tbh. Have to admit Ive never met a single person from HK but I have a hard time believing they all just decided on their own that the stars and stripes should (to some extent at least) become the symbol of their movement. Seems like someone or some group is going out of their way to poke the Chinese with a stick.
Maybe they liked being part of another country and figured the UK wasn't likely to step up.
[rofl][rofl][rofl]
Ok, seriously, some TLA is probably involved

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh... no read the entire article. The point is that China was supposed to present the international facade of being shiny and modern and instead they look like the monsters they are. Strangling them economically and if necessary by cutting off their food supply (not that China doesn't have a problem with letting tens of millions starve if the leadership feels like it) is the way to go.
The article says they do not know who leaked the documents containing details about the camps or the purpose of them being leaked... Then they go on to say there are only three possible avenues they could have leaked from and the obvious reasons for each. I'm not buying that there are only three possibilities if who and why is not known, I'm also not buying that someone uninvolved wouldn't take advantage of the situation to suit their goals even if it was done according to one of those three scenarios. Especially when there is a president in the Whitehouse that they wouldn't mind seeing go down in flames. "Concentration camps" is an easy get for bringing everyone on board to "do something". From there theyd just have to sell what needs to be done precisely.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right?
When I started reading about concentration camps it had a bit of a WMD, mobile nerve gas lab ring to it.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what are the alternatives...the cia sent them flags?

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
what are the alternatives...the cia sent them flags?
I guess someone who benefits from tension between the US and China could manipulate the right people who in turn manipulate that movement they have going on over there. I dont pretend to be a political genius (or any other genius for that matter), but to me at least, the whole flag thing just came out of left field and looked very contrived.
Like I said I dont know much of HK and their people. Is there some degree of support for whats going on by people in the PRC? ( meaning citizens of PRC identify with the HK protesters and are rooting for them to some degree) Does the average person in the PRC have a distrust of the US? If the Chinese gov can put a American spin on the HK protest, does that tend to consolidate their people to support their efforts to squash the protests, and therefore contain them to HK and not have to deal with them spreading to the mainland? I dont know...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Trump should just take the next planned tariff increase, double it, and put it in place tomorrow. If China wont actually negotiate, just crush their economy into rubble.
Does that help us or hurt us in repaying that stimulus loan?

Top Bottom