1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The President Trump Megathread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IvIax, Jun 16, 2015.

1. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

• People who Facebook.
    • People who answer telephone calls from strange numbers (or emails from "polling agencies").
    • People who don't change their underwear.
    • People who have time to protest during the workday.
    Yup, same people.

Fixxah, BUMPA01603, peterk123 and 3 others like this.

2. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Democrats have problems filling venues so they mingle together at country fairs to fool us with "crowds".
    I was in Manchester, AP-NORC was not there! AP-NORC should conduct poll among commies and asked them how many of them fear Our President. I would bet we can get 99.9% out of them. That I am ready to believe! Everything else is [bs2]

3. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

Were these the same pollsters that all said Hillary was going to destroy Trump in 2016 ???

Fixxah, jct61765, Bfatz and 1 other person like this.
  4. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Well, in fairness, the Donks had their cheating engine running pretty hot, so it was a reasonable assumption.

Since, they've turbocharged that engine, adding nifty new components like "ballot harvesting" and "automatic voter registration" so 2020 will be interesting.

5. Bfatz

Bfatz

6. jct61765

jct61765 NES Member

Do they really think people believe polls anymore? They got it so wrong in 2016 and now they’re out polling again. Who believes them? I don’t think the dems believe them anymore.

7. Bfatz

Bfatz

Swalwell: Trump So Alienating Our Allies They Might Not Help Us If America Is Attacked | Breitbart

Swalwell said, “We need friends in the world. Today, if there was to be an attack on America or one of the America’s interesting, I’m not sure we would have the same friends across the world lining up to go to conflict or to help defend the United States. The Danish, for example, they went with us into the last two conflicts. Whether you agreed with the conflicts or not, in Iraq and Afghanistan, they served side by side with American soldiers. We continue to alienate our friends. Also, as you look at the programs in Europe, where they take care of people through health care, education, access to skills, they don’t spend as much on defense. I think it’s an opportunity for us to realize we can have strength through partnerships, spend less on defense at home. But if he’s going to alienate us, we’ll have to spend more on our national defense, and that’s at the cost of education and health care.”

I totally take advice from a Congress crook that wants to nuke law abiding gun owners.

xtry51 and Fixxah like this.
  8. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

10thSFFD likes this.
  9. Bfatz

Bfatz

California board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice involved person'

According to a report from Fox News, a San Francisco board voted to sanitize legal verbiage to get rid of words such as "offender," "addict," and "convicted felon."

Officials said the new language is meant to help change people's views about those who commit crimes.

The San Francisco Chronicle wrote that anyone who was convicted of a crime in the past or an offender released from custody will now be known as a "formerly incarcerated person," or a "justice-involved person" or just a "returning resident."

“We don’t want people to be forever labeled for the worst things that they have done,” Supervisor Matt Haney told the newspaper. “We want them ultimately to become contributing citizens, and referring to them as felons is like a scarlet letter that they can never get away from.”

The Dictrict Attorney's Office endorsed the measure.

More PC left Lunacy...Amazing really..Not!

10thSFFD likes this.
  10. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

So, who is the justice delivering person in CA now?

11. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

12. mibro

mibro NES Member

Well, that splat sound I just heard was the S hitting TF.

President Trump has engaged Emperor mode.

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA."

"...are hereby ordered..."

Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Picton likes this.
  13. Bfatz

Bfatz

14. Matt-CZ

Matt-CZ

15. grey

grey

"order" bad wording? I dont think there is any threat of punishment for not following "orders" except self-imposed for not adapting to a changing business environment.

what I wish for? less to no trade deficit with china, no ip theft (at least in the wide open, flaunted, throw it in our faces type), better human rights and living conditions in china because if it was half as good as we have it here we wouldn't be purchasing anything from them in the first place. I dont want that ant farm of a country having any influence over us whatsoever. hopefully this is moving that direction. everyone likes human rights, pollution controls and self reliance right? f china

16. mibro

mibro NES Member

The China trade war was initially about leveling the tariff playing field with China, a goal I support. Now we're moving toward economic isolation, a nonsensical goal for an economy the size of China's.

Knowing Trump, we're now going to see an announcement of higher tariffs this afternoon. Even if Trump is ultimately successful in building a trade wall between the USA and China, the economic pain of making that happen quickly will be yuuge.

May you live in interesting times.

17. grey

grey

what's the purpose of trying without following through? we CAN, china CANT and they know it. calling all bluffs

18. mibro

mibro NES Member

What makes you think China can't? The Chinese were eating the bark off trees and each other's children to survive only 60 years ago.

Matt-CZ likes this.
  19. grey

grey

it was a fast way to say - they have more to lose. just my opinion. f em. they can go back to eating bark. do you think that's where we would be going? personally, in my uneducated opinion, I dont think so. not for a second. we built china. they didn't build us

added- they're not the only game in town either. plenty of shithole countries in the world who would gladly take our money, pay their people nothing, force them to work in awful conditions and pollute the f out of everything around them

20. Matt-CZ

Matt-CZ

Seriously. China is an authoritarian one-party state. Trump has an election in 1 year's time. Who's more vulnerable to a backlash due to a plunging economy?

21. mibro

mibro NES Member

In principle I agree with you 100%.

In practice this is the reality.

Picton likes this.
  22. grey

grey

on one hand we all criticize politicians of only being able to think in 4 year (+/- depending on office) increments for re election purposes. If we can pull of a China deal and slap them in the dick for abusing our trade relationship (and many other issues), that demonstrates a level of fearlessness on Trumps part. success for our country first and reelection will follow

BUMPA01603, Choctaw and mibro like this.
  23. Bfatz

Bfatz

Trump has balls bigger than King Kong to take on China like this! About time.

Don't care if he's a narcissist or whatever MSM want to call him. He has my vote in 2020…again.

Fixxah, 426wedge, Waher and 1 other person like this.
  24. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

This^

25. Bfatz

Bfatz

Fixxah likes this.
  26. Greschner 4

Greschner 4

Trump took his level of insanity to an all-time low today. Megalomania and Narcissism is one powerful cocktail. SPY will be testing 235 shortly.

27. Bfatz

Bfatz

If heads are exploding in my opinion its WINNING..

bigred460 and Zappa like this.
  28. mibro

mibro NES Member

I thought President Trump might go straight to 50% this afternoon. A 30% tariff is still within the realm of business as usual.

To force manufacturing of commodity products back to the USA would require in the region of a 100% tariff imho.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  29. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

so you are saying he is the sanest president ever?

I agree.

30. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

WELL played, sir. My hat is off to you!

Bfatz likes this.