The President Trump Megathread

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well, it IS always the democrats who get us INTO wars. Then typically a Republican is elected to get us the heck out of them.
Uhhhhh. Not sure if serious.

WWI - Germany was sinking our ships while we were supplying the English. This lead to us entering the war
WWII - We remained out of it from 1938 to 1941. Only after we were attacked did we go all-in
Korea - Truman overreached...so +1 for a D there
Vietnam. Started down the path with Eisenhower sent "advisors" to help the South Vietnamese Army. Kennedy escalated it and LBJ went all in after the Gulf of Tankin
Gulf War I - GHW got that ball rolling
Gulf War II - GW started in Afghanistan with no exit strategy. Legit war...but needed an exit strategy.
Iraq - GW went in on fake intel reports with no exit strategy

Trump hasn't gotten us out of Afghanistan or Syria like he promised.

So...tell me again how the Ds are the ones STARTING wars?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

WWI - Germany was sinking our ships while we were supplying the English. This lead to us entering the war
WWII - We remained out of it from 1938 to 1941. Only after we were attacked did we go all-in
Vietnam. Started down the path with Eisenhower sent "advisors" to help the South Vietnamese Army. Kennedy escalated it and LBJ went all in after the Gulf of Tankin
Gulf War II - GW started in Afghanistan with no exit strategy. Legit war...but needed an exit strategy.

There were a few muddy years when the parties had weird names like Democratic-Republican and those count if the word appears in the name. So both the Dems and the Reps started a few of these. I highlighted the dem lines in red because commie bastards. The reps are in green because they're good and pure [laugh]

The United States has been involved in 120 distinct wars / police actions, 40 of which were against the Indians.
The Democrats initiated 62 wars, 20 of them against Indians.
The Republicans initiated 61 wars, 23 of them against Indians.
The most wars that were actually started in any one year was 5.
The most wars Dems started in any one year was 5.
The most wars Reps started in any one year was 3.
The most wars we were ever involved in, in any one year was 9.
The most Indian wars we were ever involved in, in any one year was 7.

Fun fact people don't really think about is the most recent Indian war was in 1923. I associated the Indians Wars with the 19th century. Who knew? No wonder they're still pissed.

So the Dems and the Reps are somewhat equally bloodthirsty and a full third of our wars were against our own citizenry.

I forget what site I pulled the war data from but it was probably wikipedia. Then I screwed with it in Excel to count them up. I was bored.

Just a couple notes on Blind's comments:

WWI was initiated during a Dem presidency.
WWII was initiated during a Dem presidency.
Korea was initiated during a Dem presidency.
Vietnam was initiated during a Rep presidency.
GWI was initiated during a Rep presidency.
GWII was initiated during a Rep presidency.
Iraq was initiated during a Rep presidency.

The Dems OWN the world wars and Korea.
The Reps have, admittedly, been catching up of late.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[rofl]This is what happens when liberal lindas get hold of your network! [slap]
took me a while to find it on Fox News (not regular F0x), even though it was labeled in the guide as Bret Bairer News or some such nonsense. Pretty disgusting that the major networks are so blatantly not covering a celebratory, not political, event.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There were a few muddy years when the parties had weird names like Democratic-Republican and those count if the word appears in the name. So both the Dems and the Reps started a few of these. I highlighted the dem lines in red because commie bastards. The reps are in green because they're good and pure [laugh]

The United States has been involved in 120 distinct wars / police actions, 40 of which were against the Indians.
The Democrats initiated 62 wars, 20 of them against Indians.
The Republicans initiated 61 wars, 23 of them against Indians.
The most wars that were actually started in any one year was 5.
The most wars Dems started in any one year was 5.
The most wars Reps started in any one year was 3.
The most wars we were ever involved in, in any one year was 9.
The most Indian wars we were ever involved in, in any one year was 7.

Fun fact people don't really think about is the most recent Indian war was in 1923. I associated the Indians Wars with the 19th century. Who knew? No wonder they're still pissed.

So the Dems and the Reps are somewhat equally bloodthirsty and a full third of our wars were against our own citizenry.

I forget what site I pulled the war data from but it was probably wikipedia. Then I screwed with it in Excel to count them up. I was bored.

Just a couple notes on Blind's comments:

WWI was initiated during a Dem presidency.
WWII was initiated during a Dem presidency.
Korea was initiated during a Dem presidency.
Vietnam was initiated during a Rep presidency.
GWI was initiated during a Rep presidency.
GWII was initiated during a Rep presidency.
Iraq was initiated during a Rep presidency.

The Dems OWN the world wars and Korea.
The Reps have, admittedly, been catching up of late.
Still bored.

Full disclosure, Dems ended more wars than Reps: 59:54

Dems also ended more wars started by another party: 11:8

My take-away is, Dems are sore losers and quitters.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Nice revisionist history attempt

WWI...Wilson agitated to get us into the war for years......who do you think was pushing military supplies/ordinance to the allies?....chuck that one squarely into the D column.

WWII Rinse and repeat.....FDR and the dems took a recession that had ended and turned it into a second recession which languished for the better part of a decade until FDR schemed/orchestrated the US being dragged into WWII......dont forget that FDR met with Churchill and others to try to figure out a way to get the US into the war years before Pearl......FDR's great depression continued until after the war and nearly into the 1950's when dem control of gov was broken.

Korea was another dem mess

Vietnam was squarely in the lap of Kennedy and LBJ

GWI was a miscalculation of Bush I.......the progressive wing of the GOP

GWII.....rinse and repeat.....chalk up another one for the progressive wing of the GOP but lets not forget that the conditions that led to Afghanistan and Iraq are 100% on Clinton who ignored WTC I bombing, embassy bombings in africa, USS Cole and a raft of other attacks on US personel and facilities.......and lets not forget Hillary standing up in front of congress and stating that she had done her OWN independent evaluation of intelligence and concluded that invading iraq was correct action........iirc Ron Paul was the only one that opposed military action

We could go back further if you want.....Dems started the Civil War......

Why dont you add up all of the dead/maimed americans that are a function of wars that Dems started and tell us what you get for numbers......

The Dem party is the greatest threat to life, liberty and prosperity that this country has ever faced

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Did I miss something?

Trump revives mystery of Pence’s N.H. trip cancellation - The Boston Globe
Asked Friday about Pence’s cancellation, President Trump said there was a “problem up there.”

“You’ll know in about two weeks. There was a very — a very interesting problem that they had in New Hampshire. And I can’t tell you about it. It was a very — but it had nothing to do with White House,” Trump said. “There was a problem up there,” he said. “And I won’t go into what the problem was, but you’ll see in about a week or two.”

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rumor has it that Trump is considering an executive order to rename the marguerita to MAGA-Rita as well as renaming mardigras to MAGA-gras

/sarcasm

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So he stopped speaking to him AFTER the dates Epstein is being prosecuted for slaving girls out? Lol.
There's no disputing that Slick Willy has forced himself on a number of women over the course of many decades

You have to wonder whether that shit bag has begun to consider the inevitable assessment of his life with his maker........

He appears to be increasingly stressed/aging badly as if he's concerned that maybe he might end up spending his last days behind bars

Top Bottom