1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The President Trump Megathread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IvIax, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

Yawn. They haven't learned that most people when asked about Trump, they lie.

If anyone asks me if I voted for Trump, I say NO.
    If trump ask me if I will vote for hin, I say NO.
    If they ask me if I think he can win, I will say NO.

The reason is, I dont know that person, and I dont know how they will get triggered, so I tell them what I'm pretty sure they want to hear.

BUMPA01603, ISOTOX, Fixxah and 5 others like this.

2. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

last election i went to a family anniversary party, the the topic of discussion quickly devolved into "how can anyone who is not crazy vote for Trump?". They all just assumed everyone there was a moonbat liberal, and we "obviously" saw that trump was satan.

So, yeah...if your own FAMILY is out to get you...you keep a low profile in public!

kevin9 and mibro like this.
  3. Whutmeworry

Whutmeworry NES Member

NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
    I don’t have TDS. I voted for Trump and plan on voting for him again.

What I’m saying (once again) is that PUBLICLY professing to be a BIG FAN of a violent dictator is bad policy. Whether Trump PRIVATELY considers Kim to be a great guy is actually secondary when we’re talking about a winning strategy for the 2020 election. He doesn’t even need to address the issue of what he thinks of Kim personally, and he shouldn’t. He should just stick to the issue itself. Denuclearization of North Korea.

BTW I hate to say it but when you accuse me of having TDS without even taking the time to understand my political persuasion or views, you run the risk of sounding like a leftist. We have to be willing to criticize and call out our own side when it is warranted. Critical thinking is one of the major things that separates us from them.

AntiHippie likes this.
  4. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

Trump is just playing Kim. Trump knows it is likely we will have to bomb the shit out of NK to get it to de-nuclearize, and he hates war, hates putting our troops in harms way, and is somewhat concerned about a 1/2 million civilian casualties in SK.

So if trump wants to put on a pink tutu, and prance around while sprinkling pixie dust on kim jung un's head....If that has even a slim chance of working, and avoiding catastrophe.....let him go for it. Stroke that kim jung un ego bigly

5. mibro

mibro NES Member

I understand what you're saying but in all sincerity I think those days are gone. We live in a post-truth era of naked partisanship where honest self-criticism is obsolete at best.

The original cadre of Bolsheviks was fairly small - fewer than 1,000 men - yet they managed to conquer a nation in part because the opposition could not summon the collective will to resist.

When you're playing Bolsheviks versus Americans, nuanced self-examination is not very helpful.

Super99Z and 10thSFFD like this.
  6. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

O.K. I understand you.

We, Trump base, should not care what lefties want or how they feel. They have proven to us that they are bat$ht crazy and they want our destruction.
    So, if you worry about them, you are wasting your time. Nothing new there.

Let's go back to the international stage. Nobody can match our military might. Nobody! Our spending and our technology is superior. We are spending on the military the most, France and Saudis are behind us......The entire world knows it! We have a luxury to convert any location into a glassy surface parking lot, but......The future is about something else. The future is about terrorist attacks and random acts of violence which we can't prevent right now. We are falling behind. So, we better be nice and talk to all of these Aholes. This is why we are talking to Taliban. If I would be you, I would worry about us talking to Taliban more than about a rocket man.

What Trump is saying is this: Look Aholes, I am your big fan because you have accomplished in very $tty conditions to put a thorn in our back. I do have an appreciation for what you have accomplished.....But do not F with us because that would be your instant end. We will not pay you anymore, we will not kiss your butts, but we will give you an opportunity to live in your own nice country. That is the message. Denuclearization of NK? How did that "denuclearization" worked out for Ukraine? We screwed them for ages to come! So, little rocket man can't trust us and will not trust us unless he is comfortable with our leadership. And our leadership is Trump only! You may try to blow some life into Chuck & Nancy but as I said do not waste your time anymore!

mibro likes this.
  7. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

"We, Trump base, should not care what lefties want or how they feel. "

i could care for the lefties just about as much as they care for my feelings.

I guess since i am apparently a racist homophobic nazi gun hoarder.....not much chance of me giving a rat's azz for what some moonbat feels like.

Jason Flare likes this.
  8. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

So Turkey is going to buy both the F35 and the S400 which is a threat to the F35? Are we worried Turkey is going to shoot down their own F-35s? Then they have to buy more!

Raise you hand if you think we should sell our best military hardware to Turkey.

9. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

I care how they feel. I want them to feel anguish and horror at what Trump does.

Spanz and mibro like this.
  10. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Erdogan wants Osman Empire back. He does not care what we will do. Putin promised him the latest Sukhoi jets anyway. The problem is manufacturing these jets in Russia, that may take some time and Erdogan does not want to wait that long.

Erdogan is not our friend.

Is NATO's future at risk over US-Turkey rift? | DW | 14.06.2019

Turkey currently has military personnel in Russia learning how to operate the new surface-to-air missile system it says will be delivered next month. In the United States, Turkish pilots are training on the F-35 fighter jets their government has ordered from Lockheed Martin.

Washington has made clear to Ankara that if it continues trying to play both sides by going through with the delivery of the Russian S-400, Turkish pilots will leave the US and the F-35s will stay home.

So far, the Turkish government isn't blinking. Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu repeated again Friday the agreement is going through. "We have no hostility against anyone but we are not living in a rose garden," Cavusoglu said in a news conference. "Our neighbors are not Mexico and Canada like America's neighbors. There have been serious threats in our region and we need to take necessary steps for Turkey's interests."

NATO observers say there's a much bigger threat with regard to this deal than the admittedly genuine concerns about Russian personnel possibly siphoning off Western secrets during their S-400 training sessions once in Turkey. "The implications are both military and political," former US Ambassador to NATO Doug Lute told DW. "Turkey has slipped farther and faster from NATO's core values — democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law — than any other NATO member.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  11. 1776

1776 NES Member

If Trump walks out of a few more NK summits, KJU won't have any staff left after he kills a bunch after every meeting!
    What's wrong with that plan?

12. Whutmeworry

Whutmeworry NES Member

NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
    I'm not talking about self-criticism, so much as self-awareness. There's no way our side can out-crazy the left. We try to do that and we'll lose. Our best path forward is to keep calling people back to the ISSUES. The left's ideas are all STUPID, that's why they refuse to talk about them in any detail beyond campaign slogan-level. That's why they keep perpetuating the Russian Collusion thing. They have NOTHING ELSE to talk about that won't make them look stupid. We don't have to out-crazy them. We have to continually force them to defend their indefensible, stupid ideas.

I do have a question for you and I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say about it. You state "We live in a post-truth era of naked partisanship where honest self-criticism is obsolete at best." In the absence of critical thinking, how do we defeat the leftist ideology? Again, I don't believe we can out-crazy the left and I believe attempts to do that will simply hasten our demise.

Where self-awareness and critical thinking comes in is where we start to personally attack the other side, and also where we offer opposing arguments that are just as outlandish as the original ones. Instead, we need to give the leftist the rope to hang themselves with by letting them talk. AOC comes immediately to mind, but to differing degrees, they're all this way. What we can't afford to do is to allow them to control the narrative of the debate. For instance, when they come at us with "guns kill X number of people per year", we come IMMEDIATELY back with "guns are used 1000X to DEFEND people every year", and then post local news stories (which are always available on the TTAG website) to drive home our point. This tactic is foolproof and proven to work. WE must control the narrative using reasoned arguments and cold, hard FACTS. We must also train the politicians who claim to be on our side that good, critically thought-out policies and the plain old TRUTH are the only ways out of the wilderness we find ourselves in.

BTW, I'm pretty sure if I ask the average person (not the average leftist) if they think KJU is a great guy they will disagree. I'm not suggesting Trump should publicly insult KJU either. What I AM suggesting is that he simply avoid engaging in a discussion about KJU's personal character, period. It's really not helpful to him either way, politically speaking in terms of winning over the type and number of voters he's definitely going to need to win re-election in 2020 to comment on the character of "little Stalin".

13. mibro

mibro NES Member

Yeah, well, you won't like what I really think. History runs in cycles, people aren't that smart and the idea of free sh!t has taken deep root in the FUSA. Add that to the fact there are fabulously wealthy people with an insanely long time horizon who are determined to disenfranchise Anglo-Germanic people wherever they are found and it just doesn't look that good.

Most people aren't interested in these big picture issues and never will be and in all probability, rightly so. Once you realize what's actually going on, life changes and not for the better. Ignorance really is bliss and sportsball, BBQs and beer are the way to most of the happiness this bizarre little journey has to offer.

Hell, most of the people reading this thread will decide it's better to be the butcher than the cattle if that time ever comes.

whalerman69 and Jason Flare like this.
  14. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Well at this point we have two options.
    Try and work a deal with the little peckerhead or get another group of 18 year olds ready to go die in yet another shithole.
    I personally wouldn't be heartbroken if we dropped a cruise missile into his living room, but we better make damn sure we get him the first time.
    I suspect the majority of his own people wouldn't be too broke up about it either.

mibro likes this.
  15. Sauer Grapes

Sauer Grapes NES Member

Happy Birthday President Trump!
    Happy Flag Day America!

IMG_0420.JPG

16. 1776

1776 NES Member

And a happy bend over day for the LibTwits!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  17. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

18. Waher

Waher NES Member

19. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

20. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

21. gunofthrones

gunofthrones

I told everyone I voted for Trump in 2016, and I will tell everyone I WON'T vote for Trump in 2020, I would just stay home if he's the republican nominee.

22. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

First, come back to reality. If he wants to run he will be the Republican nominee. Second, before you commit to not voting for him, take look at who will be president if he doesn't win and consider you might want to vote in a way that keeps them out of office. Trump was not my first choice, but the thought of Hillary as president, well, sometimes you do what has to be done.

MAGG and 10thSFFD like this.
  23. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

What the hell is wrong with you?[slap]
    Snap out of it!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  24. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

View: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48656431

trump h.jpg

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday unveiled a gold-trimmed sign naming a proposed new community on the disputed Golan Heights after US President Donald Trump.

The label is a gesture of appreciation for Washington's recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the territory which the Jewish-majority state seized from Syria in the 1967 Six-Day war and later annexed without international recognition.

The new settlement will be called Ramat Trump," Hebrew for "Trump Heights."

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Sauer Grapes likes this.
  25. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Quick update on Bill:
    Kosovo Honours Bill Clinton for NATO Intervention in 1999 War
    “I will always be proud of the fact that I happened to be the president of the United States when you needed someone to stand up and say no more ethnic cleansing, no more people running out of their homes, no more killing innocent civilians, there’s got to be another way,” Clinton responded.

The former US president arrived in Kosovo ahead of commemorations on Wednesday of the 20th anniversary of NATO troops entering the country.

Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright is also in Kosovo, where a statue of her will be inaugurated in Pristina on Wednesday.
    bill.jpg bill2.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/C0PIgbusKU0

View: https://youtu.be/nGaqByxE3Mc

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  26. jpk

jpk

I wonder if the Somali's will similarly be honoring Slick Willy and co......

27. jpk

jpk

28. whalerman69

whalerman69 NES Member

29. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

KGB Animal Philipp Bobkov died in Moscow today.
    bobkov.png

Former head of the fifth directorate of the USSR’s KGB (Committee for State Security) and deputy head of KGB Filipp Bobkov who had been responsible for ideological sabotage has passed away at the age of 93, reports RBC .

“He passed away in a resuscitation department of a hospital on Moscow’s Shchukinskaya street at about 8 this morning. The exact cause of death is unknown, yet,” one of Bobkov’s relatives told RIA Novosti.

The department for ideological sabotage was founded within KGB in 1967 at the initiative of KGB head Yury Andropov. The department mainly worked with the youth who could be influenced by the West.

Soviet dissidents’ enemy No.1: KGB general Bobkov dies in Moscow
    Bobkov passed away at a Moscow hospital after a lengthy ailment, his family and friends told Russian media on Monday. A retired four-star general, he was a controversial figure in Russian history, serving as head of what was essentially the secret police responsible for tackling genuine threats to the USSR, but also blatant persecution of its dissidents. In his later years, he worked for a media tycoon Vladimir Gusinsky.

His intelligence career started in 1945 with an appointment to a school of Smerh, the Soviet military organization, the name of which literally means “death to spies.” At the time he was a 20-year-old man who had to lie about his age to enroll as a volunteer shortly after the Nazi invasion and rose to a decorated platoon commander on the battlefield. He graduated as an officer and investigator for the Ministry of State Security, which was what the contemporary incarnation of the soviet state security apparatus was called.
    ------------------------

He became head of a new private intelligence agency owned by media tycoon Vladimir Gusinsky, with some of his former subordinates by his side. Bobkov brought with him decades of experience and extensive contacts – and a trove of state secrets, some critics alleged. There are even those who accuse him of idly standing by and watching the USSR collapse in order to profit under capitalism.

The retired general kept his new job for almost a decade and survived the demise of his oligarch boss in 2000. Later, he held positions in a couple of think tanks and as a media consultant. In 2008, he got a position as an inspector general in the Russian Defense Ministry.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  30. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

If a pollster reaches a libertarian's cell phone, the call goes unanswered because he doesn't answer calls from numbers he doesn't recognize.

If a pollster reaches a republican's cell phone, the caller is hung up on as soon as the callee realizes the call is in the "useless" category and he or she doesn't have time fo dat "stuff".

If a pollster reaches a democrat's cell phone, the answers are invariably in line with what the pollster wants to "discover", because she DOES have time fo dat "stuff".

If a pollster reaches a landline, the callee is a democrat, except for the three conservatives that still have landlines.

If a call goes unanswered, the callee is presumed dead and therefor a democrat and the appropriate answers are entered on their behalf by the pollster.

I believe this accounts for the discrepancies between the pre-election polls and the eventual results.

Note: Callee is my made up word for the recipient of a call. Don't bother correcting me - I'm completely comfortable with making up my own sinipipious words.

massgun, Fixxah, tuna and 2 others like this.