• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The People You Meet At Gun Shows

To this day I remember my son who was 10 years old at the time,who is now 35 with two kids saying
as he is walking down one of the gun isle's. Dad someone smells like shit, this happened almost every
gun show we went to. Today if you ask him to go to a gun show with you,he will tell you that if he wants to smell shit
he will go to the men's room at a Taco Bell.

To this day I remember my son who was 10 years old at the time,who is now 35 with two kids saying
as he is walking down one of the gun isle's. Dad someone smells like shit, this happened almost every
gun show we went to. Today if you ask him to go to a gun show with you,he will tell you that if he wants to smell shit
At 10 years old, his face was probably right at ass height.
Someone stopped short............
[rofl]

Never been to one myself. All I've ever heard was people smell like they sleep in their clothes, crop dusting, ridiculous prices for guns and ammo, LE snapping pics of license plates but the jerky is good

At 10 years old, his face was probably right at ass height.
Someone stopped short............
[rofl]

I'll bet half the guns I own were purchased at gun shows I'm the early 1980s when shows had table after table of guns from dozens of dealers and non dealers. But man, have they gone down hill!
Now, most gun shows are a frigging parallel of People of Walmart.
Damn shame.
I'm pretty sure many of the more "out there" attendees are false flag operators trying to destroy the gun show concept.

I’ve never been to one because I’ve heard so many say there’s no point and 1/3 of the people smell worse than week old gym socks. I may end up going some day just to seek how much of a freak show it is. Lol
You are being to kind with your descriptions. The B.O. would make even a seasoned medical professional vomit and that takes an awful lot to do! Your percentages are way off too!
For me, it was one and done, never to go back! There were zero deals to be had. There was enough flannel and toothless wonders to make a WalMart sample look damn good also!

Good Lord, at a gun show there are at least 5 distinct types of body odor.

Somebody should do a show on that.

They can provide the reason behind all the stink as well because they all have a story.

Chili dogs?

If you remember CARLOS DE LA CAPSLOCK, you're an old-time cruffler. Carlos (RIP) was the weiner monger extraordinaire out in Washington. He had legendary wine caves full of unobtanium. He would offer $25 for every HiPoint or Keltec that walked in the door, and get them refurb'd for free thanks to outstanding warranty service. His War Wagon was full and ready to go at all times.

Absolutely legendary gun show god.

I'm pretty sure many of the more "out there" attendees are false flag operators trying to destroy the gun show concept.
In mass the promoter of the big shows does a fine job of destroying gun shows all by herself by sucking for "profit over product". It reminds me of indoor shopping malls, the owners basically do everything they can to keep shooting themselves in the foot.... it's like they're brainstorming "How can i make this experience even less appealing?" Its pretty sad actually....

One of his last types, The Fed, supposedly asks if you know where you can buy a sawed-off shotgun. I never understood people who would agree to sell one to someone. I mean, really, who would believe that someone is willing to pay you $xxx to get a hacksaw and saw off the barrel / stock of a shotgun when he could just go to Home Depot and pay $x for a hacksaw?

iu

I’ve been lucky at gun shows and have found several deals over the years. Though I enjoy respectfully haggling with a seller, which I know many people do not. I’ve yet to find a gun seller that didn’t haggle a little.

Lately though a gun show in MA has at most 5-6 gun vendors and the rest is junk. Not worth the cost to get in with only that many real vendors.

Now I really used to enjoy the NH gun shows at Concord and Manchvegas. Though they are not the same either anymore.

The problem with gun shows is not enough guns. Too many tables full of outdoor and survival gear, cheap Chinese knifes, tactical clothing, dog stuff etc.

Many years ago... bought a Mosin at a gun show on a Saturday, took it to the range on a Sunday... sold it on Monday.
Solomon Grundy.
This was back when a Mosin was less than $150 bucks. Spent 6 months pondering why people like such a piece of shit rifle. And Mosin guys are like fiercely loyal to them.
Kinda like Ruger. Find me a shitty gun and I will find you a ton of guys who love it.

I'm Pro- Gun Show.

and sad our children may grow up in an America that does not know The American Gun Show Experience... 🤔

Love them or hate them... they are Us.

Adopt-a-Gunshow Today...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom