• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The people who carry 40 s&w...

Whether someone finds it amusing or not, they have to admit his videos are always well shot (no pun intended) and use good production values -- he clearly has a decent budget at his disposal.

Caliber identity crisis better be added to the DSM 6.

Hahaha! I'm sure there will be a commercial for "moderate to severe caliber identity crisis" and somehow end with yoga and the sufferer shooting a pea shooter.

Something tells me that one of the symptoms will include speaking how drgrant just described them.

.40 S&W is a-ok with me.

I love my 40's because it's the cheapest brass of any center fire pistol caliber. I often get it for free, but it barely costs more than primers if you buy once fired in bulk.

One of the recent issues in Guns and Ammo had an article where they explained point by point why the .40 cal over promised and under delivered. It was an interesting read. However I like my 229 .40.

I like .40. I don't really understand the hate. In most firearms, you get almost the capacity of the 9mm with a hell of a lot more energy than 9mm. Moving up to .45 results in a serious reduction in capacity.

I also had no problems getting ammo in early 2013 either. :)

I like .40. I don't really understand the hate. In most firearms, you get almost the capacity of the 9mm with a hell of a lot more energy than 9mm. Moving up to .45 results in a serious reduction in capacity.

Probably depends on what gun, if any, someone shot in .40. I've shot a compact .40 Glock and it wasn't fun and it wasn't accurate.

I just love these threads. While I sit here and watch the fur fly I keep thinking that they all go bang and make a hole. Where that hole is is more important than the diameter or depth of the hole. No one talks about how well they shoot with one caliber vs. another.
(except tk421991 above)

Exactly, I got my LTC in 2/13 and 9mm was stupidly thin on the shelves(if at all) but .40 was everywhere so that's what I went with.

He has spread the love around to .45 and 9mm owners, too! I am a .45 shooter. For me, it's simple. I just like making big holes.

Priceless quotes in the .45 video: "Because I can't carry a 46!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The govt has a ton of H&K 40's out there with just about every major branch of gun toting Leos using 40 short & weak....I'm sure this will be at least a 10 year plan to switch to 9mm....unless Hillary gets in.... then maybe they'll switch to tasers.... ( except her bodyguards )

I like to mix it up based on the style trends, sometimes .40, sometimes 9mm, sometimes 7.62x54r

And I like to leave people alone, let them make personal choices, and let them deal with whatever those choices get them.
After the last ammo shortage, I'm dead set on owning at least one pistol or revolver in every major caliber. .40 will be my next purchase.

Back
Top Bottom