The Open Carry Warzone (enter at own risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyfirst2125

NES Member
I’ve been informed this topic exists already so go search and read those threads.

EDIT: this is too entertaining to delete...have at it boys....

Last edited:
Another example of we sheep abiding by laws that don't exist. I know of no statute in Massachusetts that explicitly prohibits open carry. The same "wisdom" was passed on to me when i got into shooting and firearms ownership: "it might not be illegal but they will find something to charge you with. Welcome to Massachusetts!"

to which I say "baaaaaaaaahhhhh"

Because i do not open carry in Massachusetts. I have been known to do it elsewhere.

Your mileage may vary but I don't sweat it - have had several incidents in Home Depot were I ended up open carrying because my shirt lifted and hung up behind my holster while lifting sheet stock.

Did the same at church while helping check kids into a Sunday School class - got a tap on the shoulder from a friend letting me know. I just covered up and didn't acknowledge the exposure. Did not effect the number of tween/teens showing up for my class so I doubt many cared (but I am very open to the fact that I carry in church and won't hesitate to protect any child left in my care). Even the boys in the class said nothing.

Wear a good quality holster and don't dress like a ganster and people will assume you are law enforcement or will simply not notice because you don't draw undue attention.

I carry concealed IWB and was told by firearms instructor it’s lawful to open carry in MA but it’s led to many a 911 call by liberal snowflakes for “man with a gun!”. In one case an actual assault charge was brought when a snowflake “felt” threatened when a concealed carrier printed reaching up for the cereal in a grocery store.

I don’t need that hassle.

Any open carry experiences?
I will never understand why the people who are concerned/threatened about a "man with a gun" (who is not threatening anyone) get on the phone and request for more people with guns to show up, all of them usually open carrying?

Once in a downtown Boston restaurant, I took my jacket off and walked to the bathroom with my pistol in view. A few patrons obviously saw it but nobody said a thing.

It’s one of the most reckless thing I’ve done. Lol.

I haven’t found any relating personal open carry experiences in MA. Maybe you should read the question more slowly.

Maybe try different search terms. Many threads here on the subject. I have posted my experience a few times. Yes it was a snowflake, in Cambridge, cops searching for me/us, she lied, we were let go. Officers disagreed with each other over letting me/us go. [cheers]

I will never understand why the people who are concerned/threatened about a "man with a gun" get on the phone and request for more people with guns to show up, all of them usually open carrying?

Because they aren’t logical. I used to somewhat regularly open carry in NH. I still open carry when hiking. In fact the only time anyone’s ever commented on it that I can recall was once while hiking. Some middle aged woman who clearly wasn’t fond of guns yet had no problem chatting with me and hanging out at the summit.

I mean, they can tell you aren’t a threat. They know you carrying posses no danger to them and in fact could end up being extremely helpful. Yet they’ve been so propagandized that guns are bad that the irony of actually confronting and accosting someone with a gun, for having a gun, goes right over their heads. It’s mind boggling.

In one case an actual assault charge was brought when a snowflake “felt” threatened when a concealed carrier printed reaching up for the cereal in a grocery store.
There's a court decision in MA that states the person lawfully carrying a firearm isn't liable for that kind of fallout.

I haven’t found any relating personal open carry experiences in MA. Maybe you should read the question more slowly.
There are dozens of open carry threads going back years. Yes, including countless first and second hand accounts. What more do you need? Do you have an actual question about the practice?

Sort of related:

There's a court decision in MA that states the person lawfully carrying a firearm isn't liable for that kind of fallout.

There are statutes and case law that clearly says all sorts of things are legal that cops still arrest people for and prosecutors still prosecute people for and trial courts still find people guilty of, all the time. Sadly something being legal and being repeatedly ruled as legal, doesn’t stop government from kidnapping you for.

Once in a downtown Boston restaurant, I took my jacket off and walked to the bathroom with my pistol in view. A few patrons obviously saw it but nobody said a thing.

It’s one of the most reckless thing I’ve done. Lol.
I did the same thing a couple years back. I was glad I was in Jacksonville, FL. Not an open carry state, but I'd still rather make that mistake in a non-commie state.

There are dozens of open carry threads going back years. Yes, including countless first and second hand accounts. What more do you need? Do you have an actual question about the practice?

Sort of related:
Ok thanks I missed those. Now I know what SWATting is, how screwed up MA is and to BOLO for soccer moms. ✅

Does it count as "open carry" when everyone passing by on the busy street bordering one side of my house sees me carrying an AR and AK to my garage for cleaning in broad daylight 🤔

Is it open carry every week when you carry your rifle cases and ammo can to the car on the way to the range? I’m sure my neighbors know what’s going on. We still wave and say hello.

I swear that some of you guys WANT to be seen printing or OC (the wind blew my coat open) and so on. CONCEAL. Jack.
This. It's like the forbidden fruit of gun ownership in Massachusetts or something. The reality is that once you try it, you realize that it's nothing special and you go right back to concealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom