• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The only thing I have seen from the Shot Show online thus far that I think I may need

gayer than a bag of dicks.

do you get a stamp with an AOW? this doesn't exactly answer the question. big difference between $5 and $200.

26 USC 5845(e) Any other weapon

The term “any other weapon” means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.
Sounds like when you mount it, it becomes an AOW.

The only thing I have seen from the Shot Show online thus far that I think I ...

Sounds like when you mount it, it becomes an AOW.

Those papers that came out from the ATF kinda explains the master key idea and what stamps you'd need.
It should be just the one stamp for the sbs . Doesn't matter if you mount it under a rifle or not.

If I read it right if you put a shotgun under a rifle and the shotgun has a 18 inch barrel you don't need a tax stamp for that setup since with the rifle butt stock the shot gun has the right over all length. Think of it as a stupid over under. Combo gun like the .22/410 combos etc .

Al ,the fact you shoulder fire it is what makes the combo not a aow. Now if it was a pistol ar that's a different ball game. That's the part right after you stop bolding.

Last edited:
Stupid IMO.

So you have something the same size and weight with similar or often lower capacity that has a small portion of the muzzle velocity and reduced range... No thanks.

Mike

Stupid IMO.

So you have something the same size and weight with similar or often lower capacity that has a small portion of the muzzle velocity and reduced range... No thanks.

Mike

9mm is a very popular caliber, more like an expensive range toy conversion. 5.45x39 is also a neat conversion too, but unless you live in a free state it's not easy to locate. If it was stupid it wouldn't have been asked for so much IMO.

Plenty of stupid shit is asked for... like gun control, hybrids, and poodles. Hell, my mom has a PUG. People want pugs, people pay a lot for pugs, and people wait for pugs. That doesn't mean a pug is any less "stupid" if you are looking towards the true utility of a pug. Same goes for a 16" barreled 9mm bullpup that costs a fortune.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom