The one gun that always "wows" you

My 5906 would be my "wow" gun, but mostly because I've shot it more than any other gun I own. It has eaten everything I've fed it with zero jams or FTFs.

Also, my Savage bolt in .308 is a pleasure. Synthetic stock makes it light enough to haul around the woods all day and it's balls-on accurate. I've killed a lot of deer with that gun.

Last edited:
same gun...same results.... I always want to be better with anyone of my Smith & Wesson's, but alas...nothing compares to my results with my new to me Sig 2022 Tac Pac (this time, around $400.00). Why would I ever want a Sig 226?

I agree, it's a fantastic gun. I had one for a bit and shot a couple Sig academies with it. I sold it when I purchased a 226 which then I installed the SRT and I'm blown away how awesome that firearm is. If the 2022 accepted the SRT, I would've kept it

I haven't fired a lot of guns but the one gun that wows me was my buddy's S&W E series round butt. For the guns I've owned, the Beretta 92FS that I regret selling.

Would have to be my S&W 500 - sold the first one I had and regretted it until I could find one to replace it - still love shooting it

I almost bought one awhile back, but realized I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy shooting it until I could reload for it (because of the cost per round). Definitely want one though!

my rust AK. hammered together in varying states from hungover back to drunk in the same day. zero finish on the receiver other than rust, never been cleaned, etc. i can dump a mag and go "wow" that it didn't blow up in my face, i doubt it ever will. rifle is love, rifle is life, rifle is fine.

Another vote for a 6 inch Python- either blued or nickel. Big wow factor for me. Another is a 6 inch blue Diamondback. When I saw one at the Marlboro show, for way more than I could afford, I said wow. I've wanted one ever since I saw them advertised in Guns & Ammo as a kid.

I have a soft spot for my 686 4".

I love mine - its my edc.

Damn - I love mine too and have carried it but that is a big EDC. I carry a 229 most of the time and folks think that is too big. How are you carrying it ? It was the first big bore handgun that my son learned to shoot. I will never part with it.

my rust AK. hammered together in varying states from hungover back to drunk in the same day. zero finish on the receiver other than rust, never been cleaned, etc. i can dump a mag and go "wow" that it didn't blow up in my face, i doubt it ever will. rifle is love, rifle is life, rifle is fine.

[laugh]
47308200.jpg

Biggest wow factor handgun was probably my Grizzly in .45 winMag. My wrist hated me after every range trip, but who's counting?
Ill agree with the 2022 fanboys here. It's my go to and shtf gun. The one I shoot most. Great value.

My Saiga .308. Something inexplicably satisfying about hearing and feeling it finish it's recoil, strip the next round out of the mag, and slap into battery after the boom.

Colt SAA it fits the hand like a glove and draws easy out of the holster. You look at something close and it points natural where you are looking. It doesn't jam and you pull the trigger and it goes bang. It's light and carries well and the 45 in it speaks with finality... what's not to like? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom