• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The one gun that always "wows" you

same gun...same results....

I always want to be better with anyone of my Smith & Wesson's, but alas...nothing compares to my results with my new to me Sig 2022 Tac Pac (this time, around $400.00). Why would I ever want a Sig 226?

Theres no denying the 226 is an awesome gun, but you're right, if you have a 2022 ya really don't need a 226...but lets face it, if I let "needs" outweigh my "wants" I'd only have one handgun[grin]

I only own 4 guns... so I'd have to say that my M&P 9 with Apex FSS is what I enjoy shooting the most. It's such an awesome trigger. It's old. It's ugly. It's like a perfect pair of broken in Chuck Taylors.

As far as guns that wow'd me, I had a client bring a STI Marauder to a lesson, that was just an awesome gun to shoot.

My Dan Wesson 44VH that I inherited from my dad. Whenever I look at it I cant help but think how beautiful it is and how well it shoot. Always get a lot of looks with it too when I show friends or at the range.

I would put the 44VH at the top of my list also, though in my case my brother inherited one from my dad. My brother and I flipped a coin then took turns splitting the collection, IIRC he won and picked the DW first. Glad its in the family. Probably not this year but eventually I'll start seriously looking for one just like it.

Beautiful finish, action smooth as glass, and very accurate. I have a 80's S&W 686 that has been worked over and will drive tacks even with me behind it. I even won our club's last pistol bullseye match with it. I like the 686 very much and will never sell it, but it's still my second favorite revolver after the DW.

My unicorn is a Dan Wesson 44 mag pistol set with 2", 4" and 6" interchangeable barrels, Monson MA mfg of course, stainless steel preferred, blued will do.

I bought a low-round used Henry lever-action, and it is a lot of fun to shoot.

I REALLY love shooting my Garand. Once you hold it, and fire it, you get hooked.

I also like my beat c. 1989 LTR 10-22. I have a zen-like relationship with that rifle, and the Nikon glass on it. Qualified rifleman 3x at appleseeds with it.

Benchrest AR shooting is an absolute blast too. looking forward to doing more distance shooting once the weather turns again.

Man, it is ridiculously hard to pick an actual favorite, but my shotguns always seem to make me smile. I have a sweet S12 for semi auto fun, and a KSG for pump, and they are both tremendously fun because they are so destructive! I just love blowing up random "targets" that I was planning to throw away anyway![laugh] As far as handguns go, I have to say that my current fav is my GP100 Match Champion. I am still not as good with it as some of my other handguns, but damn does that make me smile for some reason. It was my first wheel gun, but definitely not the last![smile]

I have to say that the most fun I have shooting is with my Marlin 1894FG and accompanying Ruger Blackhawk in .41 Mag. If I take the wife to the range, she prefers the Marlin 1984 in 38/.357 with the Ruger Blackhawk in the same caliber. Just fun to shoot.

My Ruger P89DC--bought it used, who knows how many previous owners. When I took it home and field stripped it the barrel and action looked like the previous owner(s) never bothered cleaning it. Cleaned it out, took it to the range, and ate everything I fed it with no hiccups. Not the most accurate pistol and ugly as sin, but always the one I grab out of the safe when I hit the range.

My Ruger P89DC--bought it used, who knows how many previous owners. When I took it home and field stripped it the barrel and action looked like the previous owner(s) never bothered cleaning it. Cleaned it out, took it to the range, and ate everything I fed it with no hiccups. Not the most accurate pistol and ugly as sin, but always the one I grab out of the safe when I hit the range.

The other nice thing is if you put it away dirty you don't care. I bet that gun would have run just fine even without the TLC you gave it (although I would have cleaned it too if it was that bad. ) Those things may not have the best trigger, and they're ugly as hell but they're ****ing tanks. Way under appreciated guns for what they are.

Colt 6920?

6520 Preban, Pencil barrel... that, the M1 Garand (that I sold to someone here who probably takes great care of it) and the SAM-7... those are the three rifles that hurt.... everything else rifle wise was pretty much forgettable. For handguns it would be the CZ SP01 Shadow, The P228 I had, and the P7M8... there were a few other handguns I would have liked to keep but it was not the end of the world.

-Mike

1958 CHROME PLATED N.H.L. REFEREE WHISLE. THE TYPE THATS HAS THE HOOKS THAT YOU PUT 2 FINGERS THRU IF I WANT TO OPEN CARRY ON MY HAND OR IF I WANT TO CONCEAL CARRY, I CAN WEAR IT AROUND MY NECK....HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO USE IT!

S&W Model 29..The most powerful hand gun in the world.[smile]

Attachments

• model29.jpg
    model29.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 65
The first firearm I ever fired was an M-16. so for me it is my AR-15. I love the feel of the rifle when I hold it, the feel of the recoil, the sound of the shot and the smell of the burnt powder after firing a round or two. It brings me back to when I was young. Now it is a little different as when I was in the army I had the triangle fore stock and mow I have the rounded. But I've made that adjustment and it's ok with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom