• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The once unthinkable now assured?

There are at least 3 new LTC holders that carry where I work because of me normalizing guns/shooting talk at work, I constantly offer to take new people shooting, I give them what amounts to a free basic handgun class and then some. Just had another co-worker at the range this last saturday, cost me about 100rds of .22 and 125rds of 9mm but he was shooting really well by the end of it and handling a pistol very safely and confidently. Now he's much more seriously considering getting his license and he has a good foundation of information and shooting skills to start with.

We have to normalize and promote shooting to make it more mainstream and promote shooting as a fun thing to do once in a while too, it's not all about the boogaloo and self defense all the time. If everyone on this forum introduced 5 new shooters a year and 3 of those got their LTC it would make a big difference, because then maybe at least one of them will introduce some new shooters too, it grows exponentially.
That's pretty awesome!

I presume your boss is not a Karen?

That's pretty awesome!

I presume your boss is not a Karen?
No owner of the company is 74 and pretty politically conservative, mostly neutral on guns. In my position I answer directly to him though, I don't have any other "boss", he knows I carry at work, doesn't bother him and he doesn't believe it's his business to tell anyone not to. It wouldn't matter to me though, I was the same way working for larger companies with "no weapons" policies and things, never had a problem. We shouldn't be afraid to talk about our sport, I keep the talk at work to "sport" though, keep politics and boogaloo out of it lol little common sense goes a long way, and you gotta be able to read people a little bit, I obviously don't bring it up around people that are too far gone to bring over to our side.

No owner of the company is 74 and pretty politically conservative, mostly neutral on guns. In my position I answer directly to him though, I don't have any other "boss", he knows I carry at work, doesn't bother him and he doesn't believe it's his business to tell anyone not to. It wouldn't matter to me though, I was the same way working for larger companies with "no weapons" policies and things, never had a problem. We shouldn't be afraid to talk about our sport, I keep the talk at work to "sport" though, keep politics and boogaloo out of it lol little common sense goes a long way, and you gotta be able to read people a little bit, I obviously don't bring it up around people that are too far gone to bring over to our side.
That's awesome.

If a person worked in a "no weapons" facility and a Karen knew they were armed - and they kept being sales person of the month - Karen would just eliminate the competition.

Say goodbye to you job and pension.

God forbid they work at a school or college.

Interwebs starting to paint a bit of a picture of the gunman as mentally unstable, paranoid, somewhat bullied and known for occasional violent outbursts. Had a minor assault conviction (no indication if a PP or where he got the gun).

Sounds like was not jihad rather a drama queen insano sort of outburst. Might turn out he concluded the supermarket was full of alien brain suckers or something.

I'm worried about what's to come but at the same time what Biden can do is limited. He can block importing all sorts of things - a bad time for that given availability of all things gun related.

What can pass the Senate isn't much - Manchin (God bless the guy, democrat at heart or not) doesn't even seem to support the latest background check bills, or removing the filibuster for that matter.

If Biden went full commie on his own and forced the issue, ie went head on at ARs or magazines etc etc - it would probably benefit gun rights in the long run. It is a far cry from even the Heller SCOTUS today, yes they haven't done us lots of favors up there but if anything would wake them up its going to be Biden going full commie on his own. If he tries it would be a hell of a gamble on his part, getting shot down could (and I think would likely) solidify gun rights for our lifetimes.

I believe it was Obama who said he can’t go any further with executive action. And if you member those actions ....they were a joke too. Guns aren’t going anywhere you’re just gonna have to pay a tax. That’s the worst case ..

There are at least 3 new LTC holders that carry where I work because of me normalizing guns/shooting talk at work, I constantly offer to take new people shooting, I give them what amounts to a free basic handgun class and then some. Just had another co-worker at the range this last saturday, cost me about 100rds of .22 and 125rds of 9mm but he was shooting really well by the end of it and handling a pistol very safely and confidently. Now he's much more seriously considering getting his license and he has a good foundation of information and shooting skills to start with.

We have to normalize and promote shooting to make it more mainstream and promote shooting as a fun thing to do once in a while too, it's not all about the boogaloo and self defense all the time. If everyone on this forum introduced 5 new shooters a year and 3 of those got their LTC it would make a big difference, because then maybe at least one of them will introduce some new shooters too, it grows exponentially.

Saturday I shot a USPSA match at my local club. We had four new shooters on the squad; one of them was a teenage girl, shooting with her father. When I ran her through the stages, I had him as her secondary and we both coached her.

After the match was over, my wife came out to the range with a friend of hers. I spent about two hours with her friend, going over basics of firearms handling. Everything from "this is how a gun works" through "close your eyes, raise the pistol, now open your eyes and see where it's pointing - this is your 'natural point of aim', adjust your feet/stance as necessary, to "fire a shot, hold the trigger, reacquire, reset and fire again". She went through a box+ of .380, and then we all went to dinner. Going again next Sunday.

No owner of the company is 74 and pretty politically conservative, mostly neutral on guns. In my position I answer directly to him though, I don't have any other "boss", he knows I carry at work, doesn't bother him and he doesn't believe it's his business to tell anyone not to.
We need more people who think that way. That's one of the problems with our society currently. "I'm against x, y or z so no one else should be allowed to do x, y or z."

We need more people who think that way. That's one of the problems with our society currently. "I'm against x, y or z so no one else should be allowed to do x, y or z."

Agreed. Along with:
- Any differences must be broken down as right vs wrong, good vs evil, smart vs stupid. No middle ground.
- Rather than reason through differences or agree to disagree, or bother supporting your position, just declare the other side a villain and yourself the winner.
- Find like-minded people to agree and shame/censor/silence the rest.

The left has already shown how to deal with any executive order you do not like. Shop it to every federal judge until you find one that will issue a nation wide injunction. Then wait for the courts to slowly sort it out. We have majorities in enough circuits that at least one will uphold a nationwide injunction on whatever EO is issued and then off to SCOTUS. Just keep them tied up in court.

I can't imagine a presidential executive order curtailing civil rights would be constitutional under any grounds.
Don't forget that Biden's AG almost ended up on SCOTUS because he ruled that a (democrat) president can order agencies of the executive branch to violate black letter federal law. Garland will surely do everything he can to inflict as much damage as possible before any case in oppositions even gets filed. He'll start by having judges investigated and arrested for violating illegal executive orders.

The left has already shown how to deal with any executive order you do not like. Shop it to every federal judge until you find one that will issue a nation wide injunction. Then wait for the courts to slowly sort it out. We have majorities in enough circuits that at least one will uphold a nationwide injunction on whatever EO is issued and then off to SCOTUS. Just keep them tied up in court.
Look, even Scalia in the Heller case stated the the regulations on machine guns were reasonable. So even the "strict" Constitutional Judge was willing to step onto the slippery slope. Roberts is likely not to be trusted so the SC is a crap shoot.

It's all set up now. The Democrats are gonna pretend to work with the Senate Republicans on gun control (BANS) and failing that they fully intend on using it as the need to eliminate the filibuster and the green light for Biden to unleash EA for gun bans that the SC may well uphold.

In the meantime I await the arrival here of the ones still crying that Trump was a mean man and trying to get us to look at the doll so they can show us where Trump touched them.

Good. Guns will probably become cheaper and easier to get.

Hope it never happens. But remember how easily bumpstocks got banned? Pretty much with the stroke of the pen. Many states banned them as well.

The fight is people like my boss today at the end of work who claims people have the 2nd.
He said he doesn’t understand why anyone in the country would need a AR! .
This right here is the root of the problem.... Its a Value Judgment based on 1 persons perception of need....
I am fine with folks making their own value judgment of and for themselves, But as soon as anyone tries to
substitute their value judgment for my own, that is the very definition on 'Infringe' as 'Shall make no law that infringes on RKBA'

We need to own that argument for success of 1A and 2A.

We have a population that does not know what the 2nd is about!!!!
I usually tell them EXACTLY what is about. That the founders wanted to ensure we could defend ourselves and our republic from tyranny, including from our own government run amok. And then remind them that this has happened at least a half dozen times in the last 100 years. And that anytime .gov wants to take your guns away it is because they are about to do something that you would shoot them in the face for.

I pull 0 punches.

Once unthinkable lol. That's all these f***in politicians have been thinking about for years as well as 2A people like myself not only thinking it would happen but KNOWING it would. Watch.

Unthinkable for -Americans- which of course eliminates 95% of all current/former/future politicians.

I can't imagine a presidential executive order curtailing civil rights would be constitutional under any grounds.
Member when scotus declared Obama eo's unconstitutional but said they couldn't be over turned anyways... Pepperidge farm remembers

The way the narrative is being written and with cancel culture hitting an all time high. EO's are coming and they'll make anyone who opposes them look like baby killers who will have no choice but to agree.

I usually tell them EXACTLY what is about. That the founders wanted to ensure we could defend ourselves and our republic from tyranny, including from our own government run amok. And then remind them that this has happened at least a half dozen times in the last 100 years. And that anytime .gov wants to take your guns away it is because they are about to do something that you would shoot them in the face for.

I pull 0 punches.
Taiwan has very strict gun control laws. The average person is forbidden by law to own or even touch a firearm. An anti-gun liberal's dream; completely unarmed and helpless civilians. When, not if, Chinese troops reclaim that island via military force, their task will be much easier.

Agreed. Along with:
- Any differences must be broken down as right vs wrong, good vs evil, smart vs stupid. No middle ground.
- Rather than reason through differences or agree to disagree, or bother supporting your position, just declare the other side a villain and yourself the winner.
- Find like-minded people to agree and shame/censor/silence the rest.
So true.

Good point. I agree. We saw that recently when the previous president, Donald J. Trump, tried to overturn the valid election.

Valid election? Doesn't appear to be!

"Candidate Joe Biden was so effective at animating voters in 2020 that he received a record number of votes, more than 15 million more than Barack Obama received in his re-election of 2012. Amazingly, he managed to secure victory while also losing in almost every bellwether county across the country. No presidential candidate has been capable of such electoral jujitsu until now."

5a4acd4413f7a77b7cb10189e06a3f4c8386bc10f2821a6e9c327f65d69e4bb2.jpg

Hat tip: Instapundit reader Mike McGowan

Back
Top Bottom