The Old Mill Gunshop Leominster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by there today! Awesome place, open Sunday which was really cool...picked up 200 rounds of .40 S&W and 200 round of .22 LR....VERY nice guys over there and told them i drove in from Worcester so he sold me twice the daily limit of 2 boxes....so all in all 4 boxes of each...not a bad days haul haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think this is the only positive comment I've seen about that shop that's not several months old. I believe early reviews were mostly positive, but the quickly went south. So much, that the place is not on my list of stores to even consider going into. From the shotty work done, to not honoring pre-sales pricing on items, there's enough reason to not go there. Especially with how many top notch shops there are in the area. Besides, I don't have a slip from the nanny state to allow me to buy anything in MA...

i tried to sign up for the ar build class they did there a few months back. they refused to take my info over the phone, even after i explained that i was working 12 hour days at the time and there was no possible way for me to go there in person. screw 'em. if they don't want my money i will give it to someone who does.

i tried to sign up for the ar build class they did there a few months back. they refused to take my info over the phone, even after i explained that i was working 12 hour days at the time and there was no possible way for me to go there in person. screw 'em. if they don't want my money i will give it to someone who does.

I don't mean this to be a knock to you,

But a ar build class? I thought its called youtube ...
Please tell me it was 10$ and it was donated to goal or some thing. After building my first ar I couldn't charge some one to teach them or to build there's .

I'd be happy to show you how to build an AR, really is quite simple

Warwickben's comment sounds like a knock to anyone who would sign up for an AR build class to me.

I've been shooting handguns with a class A license for 18 years, and if I wanted a to build my own AR, I'd take a class. I don't know anything about them.

Depending on what part of it needs to be done, I can help as well. Most things are quite easy, and if you have all the tools, you can pretty much assemble the whole thing yourself.

Part of that class IIRC was being provided with all the parts and then assembling them into a rifle you take home. For someone who doesn't want to source out all the parts themselves, it is a good way to go if the class actually tells you how to assemble one properly.

That said, what were the prices on the ammo, last time I went is was astronomical.

Warwickben's comment sounds like a knock to anyone who would sign up for an AR build class to me.

I've been shooting handguns with a class A license for 18 years, and if I wanted a to build my own AR, I'd take a class. I don't know anything about them.

See above..

Sorry ... I didn't mean it to be a knock to any one .if the price of the class include all the parts and it wasn't marked up a crazy amount it be worth it. I should of thought it out a little better .
The only tools I needed for my ar build was the upper vise block and a barrel wrench.

Last edited:
Love you too not Tom!

I did offer to leave all my ar tools out side for him to use when he was building one (I work long hours). But no you had to go buy them .
Heck I offer my tools and help for ar's and ak builds for free for any one.

At least 8 AR's under my build belt. My tools? A leatherman.... So suffice to say. It would be a tag overkill to take a class. It seriously is easier than a vintage Transformer Optimus Prime.

On Old mill. I've had 2 great experiences there. So I'm an advocate.

There's plenty of free, online, resources for building up AR15's. Hell, you don't need much for tools to do it either. Enough people, from the boards especially, have the one (or two) tools that make it easier that are easy to connect with when needed. I wouldn't waste my money on taking a class to build an AR.

BTW, lancecolonel, there will be plenty of people to ask at the build party if you have any building questions.

I have no association with the Old Mill other than making a couple purchases from them..

One was a BP pistol when they had been open less than a week and the other was a brandy new Kel-Tec Sub2k that I got for $150 less than what appears to be typical retail. It was a purchase that was then returned.

On both occasions they were perfectly easy and find to deal with.

I'll agree the owner is a bit arrogant and self righteous, but if you can play to his personality you can be easily rewarded. Should you have to? Nope.. but I don't mind playing the game once and a while to get what I want.

PERSONALLY I am perfectly happy with the place (though at current their ammo prices are still pretty shitty).

i'm shocked that they are still in business for reasons that i won't out them for on a public forum since i am a nice guy.

I have no association with the Old Mill other than making a couple purchases from them..

One was a BP pistol when they had been open less than a week and the other was a brandy new Kel-Tec Sub2k that I got for $150 less than what appears to be typical retail. It was a purchase that was then returned.

On both occasions they were perfectly easy and find to deal with.

I'll agree the owner is a bit arrogant and self righteous, but if you can play to his personality you can be easily rewarded. Should you have to? Nope.. but I don't mind playing the game once and a while to get what I want.

PERSONALLY I am perfectly happy with the place (though at current their ammo prices are still pretty shitty).

if you dont kind me asking. What is "typical" retail on a sub2k in your eyes? From my experience, he bases his assessment of "retail" based off gunbroker.com asking prices.....

I have bought one gun and sold one there, no problems. I was more than happy with the price both times. Owner was reasonable, the other older guy was nice. No complaints here, picked-up 100 rounds of American Eagle .40 for under 40 bucks a couple days ago, which beats some of the other places I have driven to. Not a whole lot of selection, very few accessories available (magazines and holsters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom