The Official NES Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Gripefest thread SPOILERS ALLOWED, UPDATE 10/22

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t believe Carrie fisher is in it. Can’t they find a replacement? ANYONE could play that part, why are all the loving actors killed off and the dead skank keeps getting roles?

Im looking forward to the movie anyway, but honestly I’m more excited about Frozen 2.
I want to see the X rated version of jaba the hut and carrie fisher

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I can’t believe Carrie fisher is in it. Can’t they find a replacement? ANYONE could play that part, why are all the loving actors killed off and the dead skank keeps getting roles?

Im looking forward to the movie anyway, but honestly I’m more excited about Frozen 2.

Good news - she’s dead so she won’t be in SW10.

I don’t have Hugh hopes but my wife already bought tickets. Lol

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I'm still pissed that bobba fet (who is Jaster Merrill former imperial investigator gone bounty Hunter and life long nemisis of Jan.) Got turned into a friggin clone origin

And again that Timothy Zhan's Canon works for dumped.

To me, that was dishonorable. Those were licensed works. And damn good.

Now.. I have to admit I like Rey. And I like her foil.

And Rogue 1 was phenomenal.

The rest of the new expansion seems to be slightly okay. However I can't get the bad taste our of my mouth due to all the neglected novels in universe and licensed.

Seriously. Take things like "I, Jedi" and the whole Rogue Squadron epic and make those screenplays straight up. How much time and money would that have been LESS than having whole new story line drafted and crafted?
A lot of the EU stuff was written well. Some of it not so well. That said, characters from the EU like Zahn's Thrawn had a rightful place in the story. So did people like Daala and Kyp Durron. While some of the characters were written into the ground, like Daala who was like 110 f***ing years old by the time they stopped writing about her.

But anyway, yes, they should of drawn on some of the very solid concepts from the EU. And fixed a lot of the stupid shit from the EU, like the fact that the empire 100% instantly imploded post Battle of Endor without some sort of ridiculous insane civil war. Instead it was incompetant flag officers/warlords bumbling around unable to beat the new republic who was broke.

Disney plays it safe. So safe that everyone is bored. Fan service. PC themed everything. Hamfisted bullshit that doesnt even fit. Boring plot lines. It's a major disappointment. I'm surprised they havent shifted gears yet because people are finally completely sick of it.

Rise of Skywalker is definatly going to be a huge turd. And Rey is probably one of the worst characters to be in star wars. Shes worse than Jar Jar Binks because Jar Jar could of been bailed out via making him a secret sith lord just like Reddit came up with, which would probably be an amazingly inheriting massive twist to the entire franchise. JJ and Rain have ZERO business doing any writing in this IP.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
this movie has epic fail potential.

they wont be able to kill off the franchise, but the value of the star wars brand has been seriously damaged.....

Top Bottom