• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA: Stuck in the past when it comes to magazine content on the web

J

JellyFish

I just sent them the question below. I am irritated that they don't put their mag content out onto the web for everybody to read. They are missing out on the chance to educate and frame the debate by keeping most of the content stuck in a print version.

They could easily publish it a month or two later than the print book and thus not cut into the value proposition of the magazines too much.

I am very irritated that I can't refer people to the Peters Principle article that appeared in America's First Freedom because they don't have it online.

They are stuck in the past and do NOT understand the value of that content on the web. Hopefully they will change their mind and start using the web to publish their magazine content, even if it appears behind the publication of the print magazines.

Here's my email to them:

"I am an NRA Life Member and I'm dismayed that so much of what you guys publish is NOT available on the web.

There are a lot of great articles that I would like to refer people to so they can become more educated about gun issues. In particular, I want to send people to read the "Peters Principle" article that appeared in America's First Freedom a while back but there is no version of it on the web.

I know that your mags are important but you really should get with the times and start putting that content out onto the web. Just run it a month or two behind the print magazine. I feel like you are stuck in the past and you are wasting valuable content that could be used to educate people.

Does the NRA have plans to start putting magazine content onto the web in a more comprehensive way? And no, I don't mean little blurbs or samples either. I mean the complete content of each magazine so that the stuff is available on the web for anybody to read. "

The American Rifleman is almost worthless these days.

I like having it in a conspicuous spot in my house so as to break the ice and identify liberals before rthey actually get comfortable. Then they can just leave.

I like having it in a conspicuous spot in my house so as to break the ice and identify liberals before rthey actually get comfortable. Then they can just leave.

I just leave guns out. Works even better. An evil M4gery works best.

Back
Top Bottom