• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegations Surfaced

For some odd reason our gun club still requires proof of an annual NRA membership to be a member. It's probably a good time to rethink that policy.

I've moved to NC, but when I was in MA our club had a similar rule. NRA membership. But they accepted GOAL as a substitute. You might suggest that, or Comm2A, or GOA, etc. as viable alternatives. Hopefully you won't get much pushback.

I've moved to NC, but when I was in MA our club had a similar rule. NRA membership. But they accepted GOAL as a substitute. You might suggest that, or Comm2A, or GOA, etc. as viable alternatives. Hopefully you won't get much pushback.
They actually require both NRA and GOAL. I'm fine with supporting GOAL, but cringe every year when I have to pay the NRA. GOA sounds like a great alternative, thanks for the suggestion.

My membership expires in March. I'm not renewing.
My wife's membership was up and she didn't renew. Mine is up next year and I won't be renewing either. I already belong to GOA, GOAL, donate to Comm2A, etc. I'll just give whatever money I was giving to the NRA to them. Hopefully those people who dropped their membership in the NRA are supporting other organizations.

I was getting regular calls from the NRA looking for money. I would tell every one of them how I felt about Lapierre and, after a pause, they would go on reading their script. The last call I got was over six months ago, and I politely interrupted the woman and told her to pass the message on that as long as Wayne Lapierre is affiliated with the NRA in any way, I will not give them one dime and will not be renewing my membership. I told her I understood that she had a job to do, and that she wouldn't pass the message on anyway, but she said she would. Whether she did or not doesn't matter, but I haven't received another call since.

It's a damn shame, we could use them in the fights ahead.
They aren't a shadow of what they used to be.
Get someone in there that's going to fight like hell for us and I'm all in.
F*ck compromise.
To be effective, they don’t have to fight like hell.

They do need to clean house and not be a corrupt organization to have any chance of being effective.

They will lose me at the next renewal date. I hate the sketchy way they operate. Even after your dues are paid they keep hitting you up for more money and send things that imply your membership is expiring.

But they pushed too far this time.

In 2021 i did the 5 year renewal. Received the new card with an 02/ 2026 exp.

Last month I get an envelope stating "Your NEW Card with Your New Expiration Date Inside!!"

So my new card has an 02/2023 Exp date.
Then they sent a bill stating my membership is expiring 02/2023.

A'holes are trying to cheat me out of 3 years!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be an NRA member at all if my gunclub didn't require it for membership.
Become a member at a non FUDD club.

I am a member at 3 clubs (used to be 4), none required it.

Some might have required it for new members but never asked again during renewal.

I undemanding they help some of the organizations like COMM2A.

I just don't understand why they don't advertise it.

Back in the day I used to get all these magazines from them, always talking about the work they were doing in other States, never MA and never explaining how that work can help on a national scale.

Become a member at a non FUDD club.

I am a member at 3 clubs (used to be 4), none required it.

Some might have required it for new members but never asked again during renewal.
There are other insurance companies available. That’s a fact. It happened when I was on the board.

Years ago I had a nice woman on the phone trying to get me to rejoin. I clearly stated that it would not happen after they never spent a dime on protecting gun rights in MA. She politely admitted that MA was a lost cause.

To be expected. I'm a life member, but won't give them another dime until LaPierre is out and the board is reformed.

Same here. These days, GOA and NHFC get my money.

Which still makes the NRA twice the size of GOA. But at 4 million for the NRA and 2 million for GOA 6 million with over 100 million gun owners in America is the real disgrace

There are other insurance companies available. That’s a fact. It happened when I was on the board.

Years ago I had a nice woman on the phone trying to get me to rejoin. I clearly stated that it would not happen after they never spent a dime on protecting gun rights in MA. She politely admitted that MA was a lost cause.
You are aware that the NRA helps out GOAL I would hope.

Back
Top Bottom