• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Has Always Chipped Away At the 2A

Clearly you have other options than the NRA...

Just like your choice to remain in Mass.

Like choosing between NRA and others, the choice to LEAVE mass requires an effort....physical and mental

Lets face it....most people are just too lazy or are too apathetic to make the effort in either case.....so they just continue to make excuses why they continue to enable the status quo violation of their rights

Ok smarty pants - you seem to know so much about me. So educate me further - what association is anywhere close to the membership rate of the NRA? What association does the entire democratic party hate and fear as much of the NRA?

Just keep repeating that over and over and over regardless of its inaccuracies and outright falsehoods.....
So please educate me and suggest a more powerful firearms rights organization? I personally don't care if the NRA does nothing except infuriate liberals and scare/intimidate politicians. Have you seen the long knives come out from the left against the NRA?

- - - Updated - - -

Love the ending:
The NRA, as an organization, must die. I suggest civil suits under 18 U.S. Code § 241 – Conspiracy against rights. Those who have donated to the NRA Foundation can sue for return of their donations on the grounds that the NRA misrepresented how donations would be used.
Wow, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. I'm sure every anti-gun liberal and politician agree w/you.

So please educate me and suggest a more powerful firearms rights organization? I personally don't care if the NRA does nothing except infuriate liberals and scare/intimidate politicians. Have you seen the long knives come out from the left against the NRA?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face. I'm sure every anti-gun liberal and politician agree w/you.

Are they really infuriating and scaring the liberal politicians or is it all an act? If the Dems. were really that afraid of the NRA why are they always trying to push gun control instead of criminal control and working on mental health issues. Since the 2 parties are pretty much 2 sides of the same coin and since the NRA is pretty much just an arm of the RINO party that frequently sells us out I have trouble trusting or believing that they really care about the 2A. When the R's have control of the house, senate and WH and yet they've folded on this and they have other times too. Their statement should have been We don't blame inanimate objects for the acts of a madman and we don't accept blame or take responsibility for the acts of a madman.

How many sub cases involved Heller?

- - - Updated - - -

How many of the sub cases were directly represented by NRA paid Lawyers?

- - - Updated - - -

The bulk of the cost of Heller was paid for by the NRA Second Amendment Task Force....true or false

- - - Updated - - -

Why was the NRA initially opposed with pursuing Heller?

- - - Updated - - -

You spoke with Lawyers involved from that case.....who may I ask?

- - - Updated - - -

And I know the answers without the aid of Google BTW......

[popcorn]

This is like watching someone make excuses for their abusive spouse. "Hey he's been good the last two months, and without him I'd get raped. He just kicked me today, but it's no biggy"

I've been an NRA member for over 40 years, and I'm telling you , they screwed the pooch on this one big time.
Now every anti 2A bill resulting from this will bear the NRA seal of approval according to whoever is supporting it.
Wayne should have taken a long pause before he spoke to reflect on the ramifications and then thought about shutting the hell up.
Personally I could give two shits about those stupid toys, but what's going to get attached to legislation banning them is going to be much worst .
People who have been playing this game for as long as they have should know that.

I've been an NRA member for over 40 years, and I'm telling you , they screwed the pooch on this one big time.
Now every anti 2A bill resulting from this will bear the NRA seal of approval according to whoever is supporting it.
Wayne should have taken a long pause before he spoke to reflect on the ramifications and then thought about shutting the hell up.
Personally I could give two shits about those stupid toys, but what's going to get attached to legislation banning them is going to be much worst .
People who have been playing this game for as long as they have should know that.

Exactly, they'll be attaching all kinds of shit just like they are now and more.

I just re-read the statement and it occurs to me that Wayne may have laid a bit of a trap for the anti-gunners by challenging the ATF to review and publicize their reasons for approving bump stocks. From what I have read in other places ATF basically said that they tried but could not find any reason to ban bump stocks as being automatic devices. Might serve to take the wind out of the anti's sails.

In any case I am still waiting for the perfect 2A organization to come along. The one which covers all phases of firearms ownership, never makes any mistakes, and always backs and WINS every case that is put forward in this country. So far, none of the numbnuts who want to tear down the NRA have come up with the perfect organization nor have they volunteered to lead us all and make every right decision and win every case and tear down every anti-gunner out there.

(crickets)

Still waiting.

I just re-read the statement and it occurs to me that Wayne may have laid a bit of a trap for the anti-gunners by challenging the ATF to review and publicize their reasons for approving bump stocks. From what I have read in other places ATF basically said that they tried but could not find any reason to ban bump stocks as being automatic devices. Might serve to take the wind out of the anti's sails.

In any case I am still waiting for the perfect 2A organization to come along. The one which covers all phases of firearms ownership, never makes any mistakes, and always backs and WINS every case that is put forward in this country. So far, none of the numbnuts who want to tear down the NRA have come up with the perfect organization nor have they volunteered to lead us all and make every right decision and win every case and tear down every anti-gunner out there.

(crickets)

Still waiting.

Nothing seems to be stopping them from introducing anti-gun legislation so far. Nobody expects perfect but we don't expect to be thrown under the bus. The NRA should have offered their condolences and said something to the effect that we don't blame inanimate objects for the acts of a madman and we don't accept blame or responsibility for such acts, instead they agree with the anti's that the bump stock is a problem when it's not. Madmen are the problem and these actions that the anti's feel emboldened to take are because they're not being stood up to. The GOA came out against blaming bump stocks and those that own them. If they had the membership and the money the NRA has I believe they would put up much more resistance. The NRA membership has many that will sacrifice the rights of others as long as they get to keep what they feel are acceptable firearms to own.

Last edited:

(crickets)9

Still waiting.

We do need the NRA
It's the leadership that needs to go.
If it's a trap ,it's right up there with the one Custer laid out at little big horn.

Who cares how powerful the NRA is if every time something contravercial comes up they waffle/fold and turn tail

There are tons of excellent RKBA organizations out there....

Do you need someone to hold your hand with google too?

SAF
GOA
JPFO

The list goes on and on

The point is that folks like you need to stop blindly following the NRA without pushing back against the "Dumb Shit" they do like bump stock nonsense, Heller nonsense and other....

Get some help for that stockholm syndrome will ya?
Wow, you're an angry man. I belong to the NRA(Life member) and the SAF, GOA, GOAL, NSSF and COMM 2A. Yourself? I didn't know what a bump stock was until the Vegas shooting and of course the anti's will exploit it. I have emailed my State Rep. Natalie Higgins and Senator Jen Flanagan who gets an A+ from GOAL. Stockholm syndrome? Really? Wow, you need a reality check and some anger management counseling. Starting a war with me is not in your best interests, why don't you go after the pols who propose and pass the laws you're whining about. Show up at the Statehouse and give them your rant you directed at me.I live in Ma. so there's no point in calling my US Reps or Senators even thou I do email them whenever I get a notice from the NRA or GOA. I don't know how old you are but I've been involved in the debate on gun control since the early 90's and I put my money where my mouth is. You don't seem to understand we are a small minority of fanatical gun owners and are not in the mainstream. Every time there's a mass shooting the anti's salivate and start the process again, and bump stocks are an easy target. You should email the NRA and express your anger at their position, I already have. I watched Lapierre and Cox on FOX and they stated they wanted the BATF to review the bump stock issue, not legislators. Any other questions you would like me to answer feel free to start the attack again.

I'm sure Steve Bannon and Brietbart will be going after these RINO's.
"The National Rifle Association (NRA) has given public support for additional regulations on bump stocks, but stopped short of endorsing any legislation for lawmakers to consider.

So far, only nine other Republicans have signed on to the Curbelo-Moulton bill: Reps. Peter King (N.Y.), Leonard Lance (N.J.), Patrick Meehan (Pa.), Ed Royce (Calif.), Chris Smith (N.J.), Erik Paulsen (Minn.), Ryan Costello (Pa.), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.) and Charlie Dent (Pa.).
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/354762-bipartisan-lawmakers-unveil-bill-to-ban-gun-bump-stocks

The same number of Democrats have also co-sponsored the bill, because Curbelo and Moulton want their colleagues to endorse the measure "Noak's Ark style" with a member of the other party.

Most of the GOP lawmakers who co-sponsored the bill are centrists who are also expected to face tough reelections in 2018.

Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) and Dina Titus (D-Nev.), who represents Las Vegas, introduced similar legislation last week to ban bump stocks.

Far more interesting would be an accounting of money provided to the NRA by members compared to money/services provided to state/local gun groups/cost to pander to libs/threaten solid conservative politicians.

How much money is wasted on all of the color/glossy unrelated SHIT that the NRA sends to members on a seemingly weekly basis that has nothing to do with RKBA

The NRA is a money pig
It's called fundraising and I would hope it brings in a lot more money than it costs them. You should attend the next NRA convention and bring this up w/the BOD.

Thats great you've been involved since the 90's

Not sure how you've missed/ignored/overlooked all of these issues but whatever.

Do a search for bump stocks on any gun forum and you'll find they've been discussed for many years.....not sure how anyone could have missed it

Same with problems with NRA.....i you think the NRA is there to protect your rights then you're not paying attention to the dumb shit they've been doing for years

Problem with the NRA position is that they've provided the anti's with ammunition to say "Even the NRA blah blah blah"

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the thing

A small fraction of it is related to fund raising........
Wow, the most feared and reviled gun org. on the earth by anti-gun liberals is in bed w/them? Who knew? Why does every left wing politician voice their hatred of the powerful gun lobby led by the NRA? Why did Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep declare war on the NRA 2 yrs. ago? Why does Bloomberg and the Brady Bunch spend Millions denouncing the NRA and financing campaigns for anti-gun pols and anti-gun legislation? Is the NRA perfect? NO! Should they have taken up different positions on certain bills, lawsuits? Yes. So you think we'd be in much better shape if we stopped funding the NRA and did what with our money? Hmm, your opinions fall right in line with the anti's who want to ban and confiscate our firearms, destroy the NRA and then there will be no powerful opposition to their efforts to ban and confiscate. If you want the NRA to funnel our money into other things you should run for BOD and try to implement your suggestions. Airing your complaints here will do no good.

Have you cancelled your membership in the NRA or were you a member? When left wing pols start screaming about the power of the GOA or SAF then I will agree with you. When the GOA and SAF strikes fear and loathing in the likes of Obama, Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomberg, etc. like the NRA does than I'll agree with you.

Have you cancelled your membership in the NRA or were you a member? When left wing pols start screaming about the power of the GOA or SAF then I will agree with you. When the GOA and SAF strikes fear and loathing in the likes of Obama, Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomberg, etc. like the NRA does than I'll agree with you.

At this point though they're using the NRA as the boogeyman, not necessarily because they legitimately fear the NRA or its influence on the hill.

The NRA may be the most powerful but just like the GOP the leadership is corrupt, bent on aquisition of power and our money and just as likely to turn on us when things get rough

They did it in 34
They did it in 68
They did in in 86
They did it with the Clinton AWB
They threatened NH senators a few years back and derailed Con Con
They've done the same with a pile of other states

Like the GOP establishment, the leadership of the NRA needs to go

- - - Updated - - -
Fine, so what are you doing about it? Was the present leadership around in 1934, 1968, 1986 and 1994? In 1934 the country was in the middle of the Great Depression and gangsters w/Thompson's were robbing banks and killing cops, not to mention the likes of Al Capone running Chicago like the city was his personal playground. The newspapers ran daily accounts of the mobsters like Bonnie and Clyde and their rampages across the country. Citizens were scared and angry . 1968 we were in the middle of the Vietnam war, JFK, RFK and MLK had been assassinated and the country was being ripped apart. 1986 we were still in the Cold War and Reagan was President. Slick Willie was President in 1994 and proposed the AWB and the NRA was the main driver in gutting the bill so that we could still purchase AR's and AK's without the scary bayonet lugs, etc. It had a 10 yr expiration date, which Bush 43 refused to renew. You really should understand the facts and history behind these Bills and the NRA's positions at the time.

The NRA may be the most powerful but just like the GOP the leadership is corrupt, bent on aquisition of power and our money and just as likely to turn on us when things get rough

They did it in 34
They did it in 68
They did in in 86
They did it with the Clinton AWB
They threatened NH senators a few years back and derailed Con Con
They've done the same with a pile of other states

Like the GOP establishment, the leadership of the NRA needs to go

- - - Updated - - -

jpk main argument he expects us to buy is that the NRA is the cause of gun control. He is the fake news of gun forums.

Back
Top Bottom